So lets be real, half of his shit is incoherent babbling...

So lets be real, half of his shit is incoherent babbling. I can see that it might seem cool if a bunch of peasants are going at it, but maybe did you stop and think it's dated and doesnt read well? You do realize language and storytelling has evolved since then, I mean it is so blatant its only acclaimed since people want to have their own private niche that makes them feel special.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.nautil.us/issue/48/chaos/shakespeares-genius-is-nonsense-rp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>incoherent babbling
You have to be seriously thick if you think that's true.

it is babbling, they are just uttering random shit to each other, it is autistic as hell, you may find some gems in it but there is very little to get out of these works.

That isn't true. Try the No Fear Shakespeare series, where the facing pages have the text written in contemporary language. It's easier to see how Shakespeare makes sense.

You're seriously thick. Even the medieval peasants were smarter than you.

Jesus man. Just wow.

Get an annotated norton, grab an OED, and get to reading. If you're not baiting rn you're really missing out on a lot of Magic. Billy shakes was a wizard, and every sentence is a meaning cake.

>m.nautil.us/issue/48/chaos/shakespeares-genius-is-nonsense-rp
>In his 1998 book Precious Nonsense, Booth argues that the experiences that Shakespeare’s poetic language evokes with such verve and subtlety are intensifications of everyday language experiences. Shakespeare achieves this by weaving incredibly rich networks from the same kinds of “substantive nonsense and nonimporting patterns” that pop up in slang, jokes, songs, and nursery rhymes. Those dense networks of patterns, Booth posits, are “the principal source of the greatness we find in Shakespeare’s work.”

Also the genius of Joyce BY. THE. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

> but maybe did you stop and think it's dated and doesnt read well?

Thankfully "reading well" isn't the point, and if you think all literature should be easy to read then you'll be shit out of luck when it comes to reading anything meaningful. Hamlet remains of the greatest works of fiction ever written, even by modern standards.

>So lets be real, half of his shit is incoherent babbling
wrong.gif

dipshit instead of projecting your arrogance towards the greatest writer there ever was, you should be astute with your observation. Its not incoherent babbling, what your tiny brain is trying to articulate is that to your context it is over dramatic and hyperbolic writing, lemme guess just graduated grade school, your bait is pigeon shit tier

>So lets be real, half of his shit is incoherent babbling.
But this is wrong.

if you submitted this page to any competition, writing challenge, or reader, everyone would think you're retarded and writing gibberish.

you are like these leftists who get a huge ego boost because they are ''on the right side of history' when they are just useful idiots for the DNC by committing acts of violence

Those lines are fantastic, what are you talking about? Protip for reading poetry: don't try to force anything and just read the fucking words.

It reads much like his sonnets which still are insanely popular.
Line by line:
>44
As in, she is so bright that other sources imitate her.
>45
Juxtaposition between night and the torch
>46
Beautiful/bright like a giant diamond (hanging down to the cheek) -- Ethiopians are black
>conclusion
She's being compared to the moon, as a source of light in darkness (like torches, or a diamond against an Ethiopian's skin).
Not that difficult.
Continuing:
>47
Continuing the diamond metaphor -- too lovely to be public with (it might be damaged or stolen), not something terrestrial (saying that, 'she's too good for this world')
>48
Same
>49
She stands out in a crowd -- like a moon in the sky or a diamond against an Ethiopian's skin, or a dove amongst crows.
See how it's accumulating and adding information about her as it goes?
>50
Easy; he's staring at her because she stands out.
>51
Easy
>52/53
Conclusion: she stands out as an unheard of beauty. Did you not read this far? Shakespeare wrote what he meant in the final couplet, which is not uncommon. Before that is a suggestion, which is then confirmed.

Not that difficult.

What exactly is your problem with that excerpt? Seems fine.

You have to be a special kind of retard to not understand that shit, but here, I translated for your retarded ass so you could better understand it:

>Gawd damn! Dat bitch so hot fire could learn a lesson son!
>Dat ass look so good boy it's like lookin' at Aunt Jemima's hoop earrings-
>Shit's too good homey...like...it should be against the law for her to die dawg
>It's like I'm starin' at a white bird in a bunch of black birds, naw mean? I don't remember what dey called but it's like that.
>Shiiiiiiiit when she stops droppin' it like it's hot I'mma gonna spit some game
>I mean, lordy lord I swear I don't know if I've ever seen somethin' so fine
>Nigga I gotta quit smokin' weed man it's fuckin' with my eyes or somethin'

Racist as fuck

I'm not a racist. I don't care that you're black.

I wish that I understood it, but it just seems autistic as fuck. Maybe you need to hear it for it to make sense in your brain. The fact that you need to spend hours analyzing every line shows that the whole thing is outdated.

>not racist
>utterly misconstrued the characteristics of the OP in favor of an ignorant black man

And if you deny that, it's bold to assume you were talking as a white person saying
>Nigga I gotta quit smokin' weed man it's fuckin' with my eyes or somethin'

I am a white person. What's the problem?
>outdated
Of course it's outdated. It's early modern english. So is Chaucer. So is the bible. So is the Epic of Gilgamesh. Doesn't change their significance or greatness. Just apply yourself to the reading.

Being white, dumbass

Being white is a problem?

>No Fear Shakespeare

This is actually great advice. They do it for Chaucer, why not Shakespeare? Understand the play, then get an appreciation for the language and poetry.

All I'm saying is don't always be so blind, because everyone else won't always be either.

meant for

That isn't true, at least of reasonably bright readers.

How am I blind?

William Shakespeare is like English literature's post-Wu Tang Ghostface Killah.

Avoiding basic ways of saying simplicities, creating a rhythmic, albeit dense story.

This is gibberish to you? Is your first language something other than English?

>you are like these leftists...
Ah there's the explanation. Is it "the leftists" fault that you're insecure with being unable to understand something that is assigned to highschool students?

It's sort of like if you're a movie buff, and there are five masterpiece films written in five different languages that you want to watch but also understand the words. You put on the subtitles right? Then, perhaps a word or phrase is used and you don't quite understand it, but you understand the gist of the situation based on context. Say you really like the movie by its end, and you want to re-watch it knowing exactly what happened where you were uncertain to get the full effect. So you look up the parts you missed online, figure them out, then re-watch.

It's like that, except you're the directer and your writers are linguistic masters.

wow you all bit, fucking retards in this thread

honestly that excerpt did not help your case. Shakespeare was a fucking genius and we are merely the dirt under his feet.

>trololol

whatever, you racist prick

which order should i read him in

>h
>i
>m

how the fuck am i racist you brain dead gerbil

xir

Sorry, you're just another ignorant I mistook as OP

>ignorant
shut your fucking mouth and sow up that vagina, use your intellect once in a while schkeef

>nu/pol/ discovers sheikh spear

>everyone would think you're retarded and writing gibberish
Are you ESL or something?

I'm certainly being quite piercing with my rusty clam.

You're being.. barren? crotchety? anal?
--Gosh, who really knows, am I right?

Obvious bait thread, good job at luring the autists, OP

Totally bro, it's like when you listen to Beethoven, it's so dated now. Can't everyone just accept it's all about Nickelback these days. Things have moved on. Time is the only thing we judge things by and if something is dated it stops being good. That's totally how art works.

Yeah Nichleback is amazing rock n roll music, but the chainsmokers make the best music of anybody that's big in music right now

Interesting. Have that issue at home. Will read tonight

I'm not an English speaker. I'm Italian. I understood almost every word of that. In my mind. Without checking any dictionary. Maybe you have a problem here. If you don't like Shakespeare this is perfectly fine. You can explain to us why you don't like Shakespeare, and this is fine. But if you say Shakespeare's lines are autistic bullshit you really are a retarded piece of fuck and Mr.Shakespeare should rape you in hell.

>
> Mr.Shakespeare should rape you in hell.

Making the beast with two backs

American flag ball cap is on a little too tight. Needs a wash too.