How does Veeky Forums feel about pic related?

tastes terrible and i think it has powdered glass cause whenever i've used it i have a painful ten minute long coughing fit

Everyone in New Orleans treats it like it’s not just another seasoned salt blend
It’s fine, but by no means a meal saver

I really like it in tomato sauce desu as that last little bit of seasoning.

It's sideways.

OP here, I’m using it on some grilled onions and mushrooms, just wondering if everyone in Louisiana is wrong about this stuff or not.

Yeah ik, first phone post.

Let's make sure that doesn't happen again, okay?

Suck my dick like you haven’t ever made an error.

Happy now?

I've never been to Louisiana, but I use it frequently, pretty good on many things

However I will say I don't consider it anything special, pretty generic seasoned salt blend.

I'm sensing a lot of hostility here.

That's better. Let's be sure to keep it that way, now.

That’s the thing, everyone swears by it here, and I don’t know if I’m really seasoning my food to it’s best potential.

You're probably white trash if you buy that.

Fuck you niggers use the fuck out of it too.

I'm sad that they no longer sells it in my local dollar tree
they were the only ones that sold it

Tony's is great on pan seared fish.

It’s aight.

Good on grilled veggies—zucchini and asperagus brushed with olive oil.

Also, a marinade of Tony’s and balsamic isn’t bad for chicken or pork.

It's seasons some flour or other breading with the pour feature at the top. So, makes quick work of seasoning your plate of flour or crumbs for fish, pork chops or chicken pretty fast. It's "essence" or Prudhomme or whatever you want to call it. Garlic, onion, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and likely a pinch of other spices such as thyme, bay, celery salt. I think it has a pinch of cumin, mustard, sage, oregano, etc. It doesn't have an italian seasoning profile, more like lawrys salt with some more heat and that funk of celery salt and paprika. There are other spice blends worth having, if you do a lot of meat prep, or beans and rice. Greek seasoning gives you the thyme and caraway with your salt and pepper. Blackened ups the thyme (which burns along with the garlic, therefore mmm smoky). Everglades seasoning to me has less bay than a Crab Boil ish Old Bay. The mexican Tajin adds the lime powder, and makes it super easy to season some mango or cucumber not just with chili, but with lime and salt too. Montreal steak rubs add bits of dehydrated citrus and chunky bits that crust up.

Do you need seasoning salt? No, but if you have a lazy red beans and just basic white rice, a sprinkle on top lets the hot food lovers kick theirs up a bit more than the children and the elderly at the table. That one guy who smoked for too long will probably pour on more than you. But, like anything else, if you use it on everything, everything tastes like it.

wally world does, so does target

I frequently work in Louisiana and love the food there. It's a shithole with amazing local food. That being said I do not like Tony Chacheres seasoning or any of their box dinner products. I am curious what actual people from Louisiana think of this, I'll be watching the thread. I'm also curious how they feel about Popeyes and Tabasco, both of which I enjoy.

It's pretty much ubiquitous here. Fish, shrimp and oysters fried at home generally get a dash of it. I use it in a beef marinade that consists of Southern Pecan beer, worcestercire, and Tone's. Works as a blackening season too. don't use it in slow cooking or oven cooking, it gets funky. The boxed stuff is shit, if you are going to go that way use Zatarain's, but it's better just to ask a old coon-ass for a from scratch recipe. Crystal>tabasco in hot sauce. You are in Louisiana, find a mom and pop restuarant that fries chicken. Popeye's is pleb tier.