The Idiot

Just finished reading this. What did I think?

dosto is overrated

You loved it you dumb faggot

i like life lol

how so

You're probably not thinking a whole lot if you haven't read at least the New Testament prior to it

>Just finished reading this. What did I think?

> The Idiot

Gee user. I don't know. How does it feel to read an auto-biography of yourself?

I've read only the Old Testament, desu.

>t. brainlet

I thought it was dull. I give it 2/5. I would give Crime and Punishment 5/5

I do not know what people see in this terrible book. It was a novel purely about character development where I did not care about the characters save maybe the delusional General who was at least funny if not even particularly realistic. The scene with throwing money into the fire was also alright. People in Russian high society are evidently boring and it was much more interesting to read about the peasants.

Veeky Forums obviously cannot stand to not rate everything considered a classic 5/5, 4/5 if they're being mean, because they're afraid it would make them look like pseuds though.

>sees the joke
>still doesnt get it
>gets mad about it

The Idiot was basically a thousand-plus page set up to a joke where the punchline is the title.

I loved every minute of it.

Stop posting Eliza it makes me feel weird AND THIS IS MY BOARD TO OKAY PAL??!

Dude I am SO fucking pissed. I am- and was- reading Brothers K and I got to page like 60 when I realized the translation I was reading wasn't the best. Anyways I go online to look for a better one and there is a fucking 'preview' or some shit for one of them that says something like,

(DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK. IDK HOW TO MAKE THIS SHIT BLACK.)

"The Brothers Karamazov, a tale of murder and lust. Fyodor Pavlovich is killed blah blah blah-" I stopped reading the preview immediately. 'Whatever,' I thought, maybe this will happen soon and not much will be spoiled for me... I AM FUCKING 365 PAGES IN RIGHT NOW AND HE HAS NOT BEEN MURDERED YET!!! Yes, there are hints that he might be killed, but like what the flying fuck! I am beyond pissed. So fucking far this book is not a, 'tale of murder...' Like, fuck that guy who wrote that shit without a warning. THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE PAGES IN AND NO MURDER YET! Fuck that guy, man. It really grinds my gears.

Sorry for the rant. I am now reading the P&V translation and the pic related reminded me of this trucking injustice.

I feel it man, that's why I don't the backs to classics I know will be good anyway

They did the same with stranger, I just don't see the purpose of ruining such a vital plot point

Yeah good point. I guess they think everyone has already read it or some shit. Especially since this one was a preview for a new translation. Maybe I should have known better but for fuck's sake, they should have at least included a spoiler alert.

This

hehe, P&V

I didn't enjoy the book a great deal, but the dialogue about "original" and "unoriginal" people was pretty interesting.

what's wrong with p&v

Nothing at all. They're just a meme around here.

Also sex lmao

I don't remember so much. It wasn't as intense and C&P and I didn't enjoy it as much. I vaguely remember there was a scene on the balcony that was interesting, please give me the basic gestalt of that one if you know what I mean so I can remember

while i agree its stupid to put that in the description of the book, the murder isn't only hinted on, it's foreshadowed like crazy to the point that you're pretty much waiting for it to happen.

on the other hand that isn't the spoiler. the real spoiler would be who and how and why. go on with it dude. it's not a book ruined by a spoiler or two, the power is in the, among other things, writing.