I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA and "because of the recent tragedy at Charlottesville" I have to write a...

I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA and "because of the recent tragedy at Charlottesville" I have to write a 5 page essay on this book. I came to you for your expertise Veeky Forums. Should I kill myself like Hemmingway or like DFW?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n1/full/mp2014105a.html?foxtrotcallback=true
youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just say some bullshit and get your grades. Leftists are easily impressed so this should be easy

Or you could heavily critique but it won't be worth it in the end. Going against leftism 2017 is like going against Christianity in the 1500s

The disgusting state of jewish academia. Whites need to start standing up to this garbage. You can't displace a people in the nation they built then blame them for not taking it lying down. The Saxon is slowly learning to hate again. If you're white don't kill yourself, get hulked and ready for jew removal duty.

Just write "I'm sorry I'm white" for five pages. Easy A imo

Perhaps because there's literally no rightists in the social sciences of worth because actually thinking about social identity would undermine their ideology.

The "social sciences" are a massive hugbox for women and minorities who are too dumb for more rigorous fields.

When students admitted under affirmative action initiatives started failing out the university administration had to create the intellectual equivalent of a bunny slope.

Write something INCREDIBLY sarcastic and satiric. Talk out of both sides of your mouth. Lie through your teeth. Please everyone and no one. Treat it like a massive joke. Do that for five pages and see what happens.

Bless you

lel. "more rigorous"
Like what? STEM? Fuck off, or actually read up on sociolinguistics, anthropology, sociology, etc. You're a monumental woke pseud who has probably never looked further than his subreddit to know what to think about separate fields.

>his subreddit
Hahahahaha I'm not him but holy shit hahahaha

1/10
2/10

Lesbian tight rope walking major detected

t. engineers who have to do the same kind of science I did in high school, and the level of maths I already do in first-year logic.

Write a politically correct essay, but reference authors and books with extreme viewpoints and see if they notice it. Like this:
The violence against people of colour and indigenous communities follows the structural patterns of Jew-hatred in Nazi Germany. (Alfred Rosenberg, The Myth of the Twentieth Century, p. 347)

Just be honest. Professors (and people in general) appreciate it when you don't act like a pussy. On some subconscious level, they know how full of shit they are and enjoy being called out on it.

Or completely overdo it. Argue that terrorist actions against US government targets by black Americans are justified. Get an A, post the results on the internet and get your leftist professor fired.

>Like what? STEM?
>STEM
Yes. Social sciences amount to political and ideology games. Almost all of it is useless.

STEM has the ideology of positivism and scientism or induction, which is philosophically retarded.

You've proven you have no idea what you're talking about. Social science seeks to find the ideology underlying actions, language, etc. I bet you still adhere to views put forward by Durkheim too, pseud.

0/10

It's literally the exact opposite. Social "science" (put economics, sociology, and psychology here along with the usual suspects) takes the veneer and superficial methodology of real science to put forth unfalsifiable, therefore unscientific, claims into the world. The definitions of scientism:

An exaggerated trust in the efficacy of the methods of natural science applied to all areas of investigation, as in philosophy, the social sciences, and the humanities.[55]
The use of scientific or pseudoscientific language.[57]
The contention that the social sciences, such as economics and sociology, are only properly sciences when they abide by the somewhat stricter interpretation of scientific method used by the natural sciences, and that otherwise they are not truly sciences.[58]
"A term applied (freq. in a derogatory manner) to a belief in the omnipotence of scientific knowledge and techniques; also to the view that the methods of study appropriate to physical science can replace those used in other fields such as philosophy and, esp., human behaviour and the social sciences."[59]

>Cites wikipedia
Thanks pseud

It is unbelievably funny to see Americans fighting each other. All those civil wars that their governments brought to the world are now coming after them. Both sides are amazingly stupid and Im so excited to see what is going to be. America is falling.

Have fun obeying the chinks

t. Mohammed

Yes, STEM, but also history, classical studies, and philosophy. There's no denying that STEM has a bit of an issue with scientism but what I meant by rigorous was that STEM is more intellectually demanding than sociology. It's just harder, and you can't bullshit and phone in courses like you can in arts.

Write an essay on antifa, they're mostly white and really angry.

Philosophy is arts, you absolute drongo

I'd recommend reading "Culture of critique"

Sociology is normative trash. Anything it undermines it replaces with something similar.

>normative

I know exactly.what it means. Keep trying to change the world under the guise of studying it. I'm sure it won't backfire on you.

>he thinks there's an outside world

Not really relevant to this discussion. We're talking about a field that's dependent on that assumption.

Wow who would have thought a minority studies course might involve material critical of majority hegemony? Poor OP, how could he have ever forseen this? Good thing he came to ask to ask us for advice great thread guys, much book.

when i was forced to write ideological litmus test essays i took things to the extreme to entertain myself. I advocated for interracial breeding grounds and an inheritance tax based on the percentage of your genetic markers that could reasonably be associated with European descent, with those who have no caucasian ancestry paying 0% and those who are fully caucasian paying 100% in my essay about undoing white supremacy (this was literally the topic and this was an anth 101 class).

Please OP, do this

I have no dog in this but serious philosophy cannot be phoned in

Please do this OP

What grade you get?

Just so y'all know this is riffing on a book from ~40 years ago called black rage.

I wish sociology today was like Gehlen's.

DOING GODS WORK

>inb4 a CIA recruiter invites him for a job interview

Here is a list of buzzwords/phrases that are guaranteed to give you an A if you use them:

>White hegemony
>Marginalized voices
>Oppression
>Patriarchy
>Institutional racism
>Soft racism
>Microaggressions
>Heteronormative
>Cultural appropriation
>Otherization

Just say the magic words OP and your prof will have to give you that A!

This is petty and idiotic. We know you can argue for anything as long as it's sound. Believe it or not but you're not being graded on your ideology, but your ability to synthesize the course material. I know you're having your white boy feelings hurt by being told white people have historically oppressed black people but seriously grow the fuck up and do the work like an adult, in 4 months it'll be over.

Does anyone have the pic of the Virgin Suicide vs the Chad Seppuku ?

I think OP needs to see it.

>Believe it or not but you're not being graded on your ideology
Sure, pal

>you're not being graded on your ideology

I kind of want to read this but know that I never will. The theories of high 2 digit IQ people always interested me.

>STEM has the ideology of positivism and scientism or induction, which is philosophically retarded.

Neck yourselves

Try to refute me in logical, reasonable debate, f*gg*t

>fite me 1v1 irl faget

>I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA
You daft lemming. I hope your parents are content wasting money.

take this to /pol/...i'm sure they'll give you plenty of great ideas.

also, don't be fancy about it, just kys.

Guys.

If you wnat to raise your GPA study Mathematics.

I am NOT memeing you. Mathematics has no labs, no class discussions, usually no practices with required attendances. Mathematics exams are predictable, everyone with an average IQ can study for them and there is no excuse to not get top marks. You'll have to be a bit more shrewd for your Bachelor thesis but apart from this Mathematics is a degree that can be finished with top marks if you put predictable effort into it. Bonus points: it might actually have economic (job finding) uses and opens many doors in postgraduate study.

I continued with medicine.

You know which path to take OP

>white people have historically oppressed black people
White people ended slavery. Tell me of one people that didn't enslave. Additionally Jews aren't even whites.

Ending slavery was a mistake, of course, but you should still kiss our feet for allowing the black man-apes to live. No other rational society would have done that. Imagine for a second what the Chinese would have done if they went to Africa. Hell, black themselves would have eradicated each others by now, if the whites didn't save them from their disease ridden continent with medicine, blue helmets and food every single day.

>Virgin Suicide

This

Denial will only make it more painful.

9/10

Should I get credit for ending my mass masturbation binges when I probably shouldn't have gotten that way in the first place? Should I get a medal every time I don't call a woman a cunt?

>you can argue for anything as long as it's sound
Does that mean you actually cannot argue for anything? And could that perhaps mean that a reasonable person perhaps would not like spewing pseudo-intellectual gibberish on the topic of skin colour?

So this happened last night:
>A 225-year-old monument to Christopher Columbus was damaged by a vandal who took a sledge hammer to the obelisk in Baltimore.
>believed to be the first one erected to the Italian explorer in America
>A video posted to YouTube on Monday by a user named “Popular Resistance” shows a man striking the base of the monument near Herring Run Park repeatedly with a sledgehammer. Another person holds a sign that reads: “Racism, tear it down.” Another sign is taped to the monument reading: “The future is racial and economic justice.”

We're past the point where banal anti-racist rhetoric is useful. This has nothing to do with race, this is just a street fight between the cultural barbarians who find pleasure in raping our history, and sensible people. Don't placate your teachers OP; every time a student writes a paper agreeing with these sentiments, all it does is increase the atmospheric levels of anti-Western sentiment. Don't be a fucking coward. Fight back, even if you get a failing grade.

Tell me more user, I'm (re)starting college this year and don't want to fall for the wrong stem meme.

kys yourself, bitch

You should adjust your fedora and actually take a class sometime. Not even a race studies type class, just like basic comp 1.

Why do you all feel the need to have /pol/ discussions on Veeky Forums?

In other words, it's the job of college courses to sow instability and cultural insecurity? If there isn't a single hegemonic aspect of one's culture, then all you have is a nation of 300 million atomized individuals who share nothing in common.

Politics permeates everything now. Since God and religion died in the West, people have been actively searching for alternative sources of meaning, whether it be political or tribal. So you can't talk about literature now without talking about politics, just like you can't talk about medieval literature without talking about The Church.

>im content living a life filled with resentment towards historical events I was not personally involved. My inability to succeed and derive satisfaction in life is due to my race and my people's history as oppose to my own intellectual and spiritual shortcomings. There is no me. Only a series of historical events that make up what I call my life. Im black and nothing else. The people who perpetuated the slavery of my people 150 years ago are also responsible for my current feeling of dissatisfaction with myself. I have no identity beyond my cultural ties. Im am nothing, therefore you own me everything.

Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented. It's genuis frankly.

>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented.
Whether or not they invented it, they do clearly capitalize on it.

Because fifty years ago a sullen bunch of kikes, self-hating whites and assorted mystery meats decided to transform the study of literature into a venue for complaining about their imaginary problems

Why are their /pol/ discussions on Veeky Forums? You should be asking why in 1967 the NYRB was singing the praises of a book written by a convicted rapist that sincerely argued the black rape of white women was an understandable response to racism. You should be asking why an illiterate like Junot Diaz is teaching at a school he is too dumb to study at. You should be asking why a dimestore magical realist like Toni Morrison was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. You should be asking why a half-baked racist polemic like Between the World and Me was awarded a National Book Award. You should be asking why 90+% of the humanities faculty at any given Western university is overwhelmingly leftist and why it wasn't fifty years ago. You should be asking why every single literary institution in the Western world uses their prestige and financial power to prop up leftist causes

>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented
How fucking dumb and deluded does a person have to be to not realize that capitalism is the single greatest promoter of progressive politics in the history of the planet

You're only 15 or so and have already had your mind so completely warped by the simulated reality of the internet that you really, truly believe that SCIENCE(!!!) is this monolithic enterprise or empire committed to a single set of ethical and metaphysical suppositions that just so happens to be exactly what the memetic fuckery of this loom-enthusiasts listserv says it is.

Sweetie! No...

What? No, majoring in Math is like majoring in English, or going 'pre-Law' or whatever. Specialize in your Master's or Doctorate, don't constrain yourself before your career even starts.

I get federal financial aid. I hope you're content with me wasting your money.

> Social "science" (put economics, sociology, and psychology here along with the usual suspects) takes the veneer and superficial methodology of real science to put forth unfalsifiable, therefore unscientific, claims into the world.
>>The contention that the social sciences, such as economics and sociology, are only properly sciences when they abide by the somewhat stricter interpretation of scientific method used by the natural sciences, and that otherwise they are not truly sciences.
were you trying to disprove the idea that you aren't scientist?

>Tripfag say's stupid shit
no way

Don't expect anyone to be impressed by such a basic and intuitive interpretation. That point has been discussed a whole lot

>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented
>tool Capitalists have invented
Imagine actually thinking like this

Unironically really made me think

What a stupid fucking post

>Politics permeates everything now.
>Now.

Even when there was a church, there were politics within the organization and without. Politics doesn't permeate everything NOW, it's an inherent part of life if you live in any kind of society. Politics have always been a part of life and have always been a popular theme in literature.

This is the fucking problem with the humanities right here. Because something is banal and has already been articulated a thousand times before, it's not worth repeating now even if the majority of people still can't get it through their skulls. It's an aesthetic approach to political debate: this interpretation has become a cliche, so let's stop employing it in our work and instead come up with a more creative and unintuitive heuristic approach because it would be more interesting.

You guys treat this shit like it's a game.

Fuck off, it's true. All poststructuralism does is make people more atomized by destroying all of the traditional bases for culture.

dude, intersectionality =/= idpol.

>The people who perpetuated the slavery of my people 150 years ago are also responsible for my current feeling of dissatisfaction with myself.
53 years ago black people were getting blasted with firehoses for wanting to use the same water fountain as your shitty grandparents. That GI bill that helped kickstart the american dream in thousands of white suburbs wasn't available to black people. Taking a knife out of someones side doesn't stop the bleeding immediately, bud.

>Identity politics is the most conniving tool Capitalists have invented.
This is literally a leftist POV. I'm very confused by your posting friend.

a lot of genuine marxists are anti-intersectionality (which literally focuses on the overlap of identity and oppression, so it makes no sense to call that not idpol)

You're just as retarded as the people busting the monuments in the first place.

The difference now is that the once-segregated and compartmentalized private life has become increasingly political. Sex, marriage, gender roles, friendships, community events now operate under the weight of politics in ways that they didn't a century ago. And this clearly comes from the fact that political struggle replaced religion as a source of meaning for a lot of people. Many thinkers much smarter than I am have already pointed this out.

"You're just as bad as they are" is the rallying cry of the radically indecisive and cowardly. Yeah bro, wanting OP to write a paper explaining why you shouldn't rape our cultural monuments make me just as bad as the vandals who do the raping.

Stop this centrist meme. The world would be a much better place if those guys who are ruining statues were shitposting instead.

is it the jews, m8?

Present the white side the book is trying to dismiss

80% of IQ is determined by genes

youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0

Then present the book's narrative on that. Might redpill the bitch

>not a woman

Still a bitch

I was just trying to insult you because I thought you might take some pride in demonstrating that point. It's a reflex when people post such fundamental theories without really building on it or providing a new interpretation, doesn't help that it's been memed hard by peterson so it's hard to disassociate it from newfags

idpol is tendency to create disparate political beliefs based on differences of class, race, religion, ect.

Intersectionality is an attempt to understand how class, race, religion, geographic location, and gender all affect and play off of each other.

>a lot of genuine marxists are anti-intersectionality
I'm aware of this and that's mostly because they believe class to be the great equalizer. I think you could shake that belief by simply looking at the lives, roles, and legislation that affected working whites vs working blacks or working women vs working men throughout the 20th century.

>53 years ago black people were getting blasted with firehoses for wanting to use the same water fountain as your shitty grandparents
Wish we could turn back time
To the good ole daaays

>I took a Chicano Studies
You deserve it

>Many thinkers much smarter than I am have already pointed this out.
Could you link some? This POV sounds interesting and I'd like to see it fleshed out more, because I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. Probably because short posts on an anime board aren't the best medium for communicating complex shit like this.

So yeah could you shoot me the people that you've read on the subject so i can understand where you're coming from here?

80% of IQ is determined by genes