Does pineapple belong on burger patties?

Does pineapple belong on burger patties?

Eating one right now

No, but beetroot does.

Pineapple is for pizza.

Beef? No its not a great pairing.

Try a chicken sam

Please I'm begging you, all of you kill yourselves. You are collectively destroying the modern culinary landscape. Pineapple is the perfect compliment for any sort or burger - red meat or otherwise.

>MFW every time I go to Red Robin I order the Big Kahuna burger
>Teriyaki sauce coating a beef patty, a slice of grilled pineapple, lettuce, tomato with a hefty serving if steak fries dunked in honey mustard while I drink strawberry lemonade out of a twirly cup

Citrus does not usually do well with beef
Try a onion jam if you want that sweetness

These infidels will soon be executed for their heresy.

Aloha Snackbar

Okay.. ill try to make it some day, but if it's shit i'll curse you in advance.

So.. just replace the pickles with pineapple right?

>Pineapple
>Citrus

Am I missing something?

Good place to start, personally I keep the pickles but I reckon the flavour would be more approachable without them. Good luck brother

And if you don't like it, the problem lies with you, not me.

You're missing everything

My go-to burger back in the 90's was made by the Greeks at my local takeaway in Redfern, Sydney.

-Bacon
-Egg
-Pineapple
-BBQ and Chilli sauce
-Tomato, lettuce, grilled onion

Needed something to get through to the tastebuds when hungover and coming down from acid.

Seriously, don't knock it till you try it. The burger that is, not acid, because drugs are bad mmmkay.

Fresh, uncooked pineapple might be nice on a burger. Cooked pineapple belongs in the trash.

You're eating one right now so you tell us, you fucking retard.

Pls dont virtually beat me up with your keyboard.

I just wanted to ask what others think of it.

It's good btw

Weird that I have never in my life thought about pineapple on a burger.

I don't think I would like it but I would at least try it. I mean, why not?

Back in the day when McDonald's wanted to cater to the Catholics, who were forbidden meat on Fridays, Ray Kroc invented the 'hula burger'.

It was a regular McDonald's burger with a pineapple ring instead of a patty. It flopped. Even Catholics declined (literally asking 'where's the meat?").

So he did some research and found that they traditionally ate fish on fridays, and that's how the filet-o-fish was invented. True story, look it up.

Pineapple goes well with a decently cooked ham steak.

Correction: goes with any fatty meal. The citric acid helps cut through that heavy taste and the sweet helps counter the salty flavors. Just no ketchup with the pineapple.

Yes. Yes you are.

>pineapple contains citric acid
Retard

holy fuck you're right

Would you rather be
Gordon Ramsey?
Ray Kroc?
A dinosaur?

Pineapple is as sensible as tomato on burgers, neither should be there.

Oh the ironing.

>no ketchup on a burger for any reason

?

nope

beetroot is better when replacing tomato imo

Citric acid is named as such due to its prevalence in citrus fruits. It is not exclusive to citrus fruits, and is incredibly prevalent in pineapples.

Dinosaur.

I'm a walking repository of all kinds of useless information user.