What the fuck was Freud thinking when he was theorising his ideas

his ideas

He was a coke fiend. So he was either frustrated by his constant coke dick or just firing off constantly.

pic related

Well, at first, about therapeutic ways to help people overcome to neuroses. Dude had to explain the origin of those neuroses before proposing ways to treat them.

He used loosely strung together "logic" and gut feelings to try and explain things

>dude I saw my mother undress when I was young and it gave me a boner, all men want to fuck their moms too

Normal Jew thoughts

I'm reading his stuff chronologically and literally every paper he writes he tries to weave some explanation about infantile sexual encounters into it.

Yep, the bases of those claims are that early impressions can have profound impact on neurotic behavior. Explain and extrapolate, la di dah, and you start getting structured hypotheses and more detailed explanations.

Probably something like

>FUCK THIS COCAINE IS GOOD

He was aping the intellectual climate of the day

Your mom

>hmm... I see.. and was that cactus not a representation of a penis?
>you were the chosen one, jung. you were supposed to destroy the religious, not join them
>quacks
>*sniff.... rubs nose*
>i had the weirdest dream last night

>Whereas boys develop castration anxiety, girls develop penis envy that is rooted in anatomic fact: without a penis, she cannot sexually possess mother, as the infantile id demands. As a result, the girl redirects her desire for sexual union upon father; thus, she progresses towards heterosexual femininity that culminates in bearing a child who replaces the absent penis. Moreover, after the phallic stage, the girl's psychosexual development includes transferring her primary erogenous zone from the infantile clitoris to the adult vagina. Freud thus considered a girl's Oedipal conflict to be more emotionally intense than that of a boy, potentially resulting in a submissive woman of insecure personality.

> In both sexes, defense mechanisms provide transitory resolutions of the conflict between the drives of the Id and the drives of the Ego. The first defense mechanism is repression, the blocking of memories, emotional impulses, and ideas from the conscious mind; yet it does not resolve the Id–Ego conflict. The second defense mechanism is Identification, by which the child incorporates, to his or her ego, the personality characteristics of the same-sex parent; in so adapting, the boy diminishes his castration anxiety, because his likeness to father protects him from father's wrath as a rival for mother; by so adapting, the girl facilitates identifying with mother, who understands that, in being females, neither of them possesses a penis, and thus they are not antagonists.

Clearly a crazy man whose writings offer absolutely no insight into our modern world.

extremely jewish thoughts about child sexuality

he was on a lot of cocaine

Leave Freud to me.

Imbecile.

You have to go back.

'The extraordinarily wide distribution of this form of childish "naughtiness" was always known to adults, and it was regarded as a grave sin and severely punished. But please do not ask me how people could reconcile these observations of the immoral inclinations of children – for children do it, as they themselves say, because it gives them pleasure – with the theory of their innate purity and non-sexuality.'

>the theory of their innate purity and non-sexuality

I stand corrected, he had standard jewish thoughts about sexualizing children

He was a doctor, so thought about pathologies as having an etiology. We are strongly influenced by our earliest experiences, and a doctor would see this pattern very clearly in his patients.

If you want more insight, read his cases and his letters, especially those to Fleiss.

'I can most highly recommend the Gestapo to everyone.'

How can I can I convince my mother to let me fuck her?

Why do people always want shorcuts?
Read the damn books.

>he had standard jewish thoughts about sexualizing children

>before Freud children were thought of as just small adults
>Freud was the first to suggest children went through developmental stages of sexuality
>Freud introduced the idea of trauma and that early encounters with obscene sexuality could have negative consequences on a person's psyche (see: wolfman)
>Freud is in part responsible for our modern concept of children as beings different from adults who require special treatment
>Freud is arguably part of the reason we have age of consent laws today

>people accuse him of pedophilia because... he was jewish?

COCAINE

IN

MY BRAIN