Bangers and Mash

You have all the time and money you might need. Full access to a perfectly-stocked pantry and fridge. Complete availability of any ingredients and equipment you can think of.

Limited only by your own skill level and imagination, how would you reinvent the old and tired sausage and mash?

I'd get a German butcher who can make something that actually resembles a proper sausage.

Sausage needs to something good, smoked, and spicy, like an andouille. Mash is made from Yukon golds only, with some roasted garlic and a shit-ton of real butter. Then you need a gravy from the sausage drippings for both. For texture, a fat slice of toasted bread, preferably French or Italian, with more real butter.

Either that is a small portion or those are some very wide sausages

>reinvented

>expecting Veeky Forums to be creative

Maybe if you included McDonald's in the OP somehow

>horesradish/cheese/parsley creamy mashed potato dumplings.
>apple/sage/walnut smoked sausages
>some kind of maple gravy

>You have all the time and money you might need.
>Full access to a perfectly-stocked pantry and fridge.

uhh? and im making mashed potatoes??

I wouldn't. Fine dining, in the French sense, is in decline; far more profitable would be to simply serve unpretentious bangers and mash made with high-quality ingredients and skill.

If you are a Bong, depending on where you live you might do the trip in under 5 hours with a car.
>Be German
>Live closer to a bunch of British cities than to Berlin

Tuscan sausage on potato flour focaccia with black olive and tomato tapenade.

You're reinventing them apparently

First of all, get pig. Stock out of the whole head, brains included. Proceed to making own piggy sausage meat, include veal, herbs, roasted black garlic, spices, apple and leek or celery, all the good stuff. Then, puree that fucker. Mix it with a bit of roasted parsnip. There's your mash.

Make goat and cow butter - a compound with garlic and lemon.

Use intestines that have been soaking in the stock, stuff with three kinds of roasted potatoes, purple, white, sweet. For a tasty surprise include a few with sundried tomatoes and artichokes. In creamy, extra buttery form, add parsley, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in the mix. There's your sausages.

Use the chunks from the broth, brains, cheeks etc etc, reduce with wine, thickly cut caramelized onions. A touch of coffee. There's your gravy.

Serve with a side of simple pickled amaranth, feta and capers, heavy on the dill.

Garnish with deep-fried pig's ears and a splash of lemon.

Bangers and mash.

Minced goat, ajwain, bay, espellete, wild garlic, tallow in some sort of a super thin skin
Salt bake some cyprus reds, then add light shallot jus, butter, cream, bacon powder
garnish with truffle creme and chives

Can this be a very unofficial food challenge? Because I have a great idea, but I would want to make it and plate it for you guys. This thread will probably drop off before I have time to go to the store tomorrow and then make it, though :(

If you're willin', I'll be a-bumpin'.

Alrighty, I'll give it a shot.

vegan sausage over a bed of quinoa

cocaine sausage

delet dis

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A SAUSAGE USING NOTHING BUT MC CHICKENS

You'd have to grind them up and stuff them into casings. You'd also have to add some extra meat with fat so they wouldn't be dry as fuck.

There must be a tutorial for that somewhere

I got it.
Buy some chicken thighs that still have plenty of fat on them (get bone in thighs and debone them if you have to ) and cut them into one-inch dice. Then grind them and your mc chickys in the meat grinder (you can use a food processor if you have to, but the texture wont be as nice). Put in a bowl and bind mixture together using mc donalds honey mustard dipping sauce. Use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off to stuff into casings if you don't have a sausage stuffer. Lightly simmer sausages in broth or water (or if you want to be crazy, sprite) for about 10 minutes, then grill till browned and cooked through.

Some things shouldn't be re-invented. I mean if it ain't broke..

Don't really need to frankly, just do the usual. Go to the butcher's and buy a couple of different sausages, fry them, fry some onions and mushrooms, make gravy. Roast garlic mash. Side dish of seasonal greens.

What about dessert? Candied bacon and dark chocolate sausages, served with ube and a drizzle of tart apple toffee syrup. Bangers, mash, gravy.

missing the point there buddy

missing the point there buddy

budding the point there missy

missing the bud there pointy

For a London Pride Pork Sausage?

I think in NZ we have the best sausage culture.

Of course you would. Kiwis on Veeky Forums are like canucks on Veeky Forums.

Duchess style potatoes, whipped with butter case, dill, chives, and a bit of sour cream, baked in a bourbon cured sausage cup in an apple wood oven (medium smoke level), finished to a thin char to develop a crust and crispy tips on the piped potatoes. The key is getting the thickness of the sausage cup right to allow optimal texture between the potato crust and sausage crispness with enough drainage for the sausage fat.

butterkase*

Well my mum actually made bangers and mash for tea once a week so I think Im qualified to comment on it.

I think all but one have shit the bed completely and forgotten about gravy.

ONION GRAVY

Yes and yes, drool and would eat.

Not reinvented at all but still sounds delicious.

Bangers and Mash Pasty with a red wine gravy

thats a staple mate

>German
>better than Cumberland
>better than Polish sausage

No way, krautfag.

As promised -- bump

German brats are a boring af sausage and that's why they ended up drowning it in curry powder and ketchup to make currywurst. Never has there been a more whitetrash food than that abomination.

I feel sorry for you.

This shit right here

Bangers and mash is fucking pleb food but damn tasty when made right, sausages can be whatever but the mashed potato has to be creamy and a bit salty, what really brings them both together is thick ONION GRAVY OH MAH GAWD

But everyone does that. There must be a way to incorporate onion gravy in an inventive fasion.

There is a grain of truth here...

you haven't seen how I whip potatoes for duchess, nor how I would cure the sausage. Or maybe our definitions of reinvented are entirely different. I see new techniques, even if inspired and communicated as other techniques they are most similar to as reinventing. "Make a dish with potatoes and sausage as unlike bangers and mash as you can" doesn't seem like reinventing bangers and mash.

>reinvent
riːJnˈvɛnt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: reinventing
change (something) so much that it appears to be entirely new.

So... yeah.

Im american and sausage isnt a real thing here

I'm American and you need to stop shopping at Aldi's.

For fuck sakes, I'm in a small town and two of the nearest grocers grind and produce their own sausages.

The "lul 'america!" bullshit makes you look more retarded than the picky, isolationist, or irresponsible fuckers that were born between '45 and '75. The "back in my day" assholes who lean on others' laurels overdoing punishment on parents who would produce offspring who abhor punishment and assume everyone is at equal blame are responsible for most of this country's failings.