In America, there is a popular food dish called the Garbage Plate

In America, there is a popular food dish called the Garbage Plate.

OBSESSED

In shitty Rochester, you mean

>America
>Garbage
No need to repeat yourself friendo.

I'd eat it

It's pretty regional but yeah

>They consist of a foundation of baked beans and/or macaroni salad with either home fries or French fries. On top, a choice of two: cheeseburger, hamburger, red hots, white hots, Italian sausage, chicken tender, haddock, fried ham, grilled cheese, or eggs.

It's a munchies box m8

I've heard of this phenomenon, but am unaware as to the nature of this dish. Of what does it consist and how is it prepared?

O B E S E

fuck you

as a native rochesterian in vegas i want to bring the GP here

i'd make so much cash, i just have no idea how to start

Carne asada fries called, they said YOU SUCK.

Why is this board so weirdly obsessed with what americans do or what they eat. I can understand it on /pol/ maybe but this is a fucking food and cooking board and still the American obsession is all over the place.

OP here

I'm an American. I just wanted to spread the knowledge about "The Garbage Plate"

Lots of countries have nothing to eat but potatoes seasoned with their own tears. American does some crazy things in the name of gluttony and it must seem amazing to poor Europeans.

because most of these oposters are actually americans themselves, and America is obsessed with itself

Do Americans really eat this? It looks like diarrhia

"They consist of a foundation of baked beans and/or macaroni salad with either home fries or French fries. On top, a choice of two: cheeseburger, hamburger, red hots, white hots, Italian sausage, chicken tender, haddock, fried ham, grilled cheese, or eggs. The crown jewel on this mountain of food: onions, mustard and Nick’s signature hot sauce — which is a ground meat chili like you’d get on a Michigan-style Coney dog. There are varying opinions on how to eat a Garbage Plate, but the conventional wisdom is that it should be done quickly, with plenty of ketchup."

>with plenty of ketchup

>with plenty of ketchup
Stopped reading rightthere

Just contrarian burgers trying to fit in and collect as many (You)s as they can.
Same phenomenon as millenial-bashing.

>macaroni salad

>popular
Where? I've never even heard of this.

>A Garbage Plate, according to a 2010 archive of the restaurant's official website, starts "with a base of any combination of home fries, macaroni salad, baked beans, or french fries topped by your choice of meats and dressed to your liking with spicy mustard, chopped onions, and our signature Nick Tahou's hot sauce. Each plate comes with two thick slices of fresh italian bread and butter."[3] Another site wrote that Tahou "concocted his original combo plate with two hamburger patties and a choice of two sides — usually some combination of home fries, macaroni salad, and beans. The contents are often laced heavily with ketchup and hot sauce, and mixed together before eating. Rolls or white bread are served on the side."

Rodchester New York. It's pretty much a local area thing exclusively

Those fries look ferocious user. I'll take a plate of those and a Dos Equis over whatever culinary abortion Rochester is slopping out. Somehow, Rochester is the only city in the country with a less impressive dish than Cincinnati.

Never had whatever OP posted but carne asada fries on the other hand, if gods ate junk food that'd be the stuff.

And a new challenger appears. Meet umami fries (and a koja burger, but check them fries). Really fucking delicious, even though I'm sick of hearing the word umami.
These are my second favorite after carne asada fries.

nah cunt, nothing beats HSP

this tbqh

Never heard of this before.

-t. American

native NYCer here
just get the chicken and rice platter from your friendly neighborhood ISIS supporting food truck man

>there is a popular food dish called the Garbage Plate
It's not common. I've lived in six states and spent extended time in others and I haven't heard of this shit.

>In Europe there is this common crush on Americans.
Now this I find flattering.

Is that flying fish roe on top of those fries? I'm in love.

it looks like thai food

We have that in Britain (mainly scotland and the top half of England), but we call it a munchy box

Absolutely halal.

>In America
stopped reading after that

the garbage plate is a rochester thing
source: took a course in college where we had to write a business proposal and some fat guy from rochester made his proposal about opening a pop up restaurant in manhattan that would sell rochester style garbage plates
desu it could work, it's perfect drunk college bro food, but people in manhattan are typically expecting nicer looking stuff nowadays

Chairman Bao is better.

I thought a Garbage Plate a plate full of things that they were going to throw out because it didn't sell during the day?

>people in manhattan are typically expecting nicer looking stuff nowadays
After a night out with the boys that slop will look like heaven in a styrofoam to-go box
t. Finger Lakes

this looks great. much better than the trash I imagine americans usually eat.

that's a par below puke in terms of being edible

>that'll be $32.50... plus tip!

Can I get sauce on this? No, seriously, there is no sauce on that chili.

I'm american and I have never seen that before, but it looks fucking amazing and I would eat it in a heartbeat.

>get a truck
>get ingredients
>start selling out of truck
>move up from there
I've spent enough time living in vegas to know that this would work as long as you aren't fucking retarded

It's funny because it's true.

It's a meme, you dip. Do you also wonder why people on /tv/ post about The Dark Knight Rises so much?

No, it's not that expensive, dumbass. The umami fries are $6, and the short rib koja is $9 (actually, $8.75, but I rounded up). And, it's a lot of food, unless you're a hambeast.

>it's a lot of food

DYEL IPA chugging soyboy detected.

>paying this much for a meal which comprises mostly of rice and potato

You're an idiot. There's plenty of protein going on there. Sorry you're such a low test faggot that you're worried about CARBS. LOL

That seems plenty filling if you're not a fucking lardass.

I've lived in the US nearly 30 years, and I have never seen any restaurant serve a "garbage plate"

I never said carbs are a problem. Rice and potatoes are cheap as fuck. Keep enjoying your overpriced trash.

Not if you actually lift.

shit munchie box nice

MUHAMMAD

Jesus..

>it's bear mode brah, nothing to do with my unhealthy relationship with food brah

correction, this is a new york city thing. no one knows it outside of that area.

literally not fucking true
come up to roc city nigga

I told him to eat at the The Chairman. Sliders for 3 bucks a piece. Pick and choose your variety.

>stopped reading when there was nothing left to read

n-no thank you

Flyover detected.
Never had Korean short ribs or any Korean food, huh? Fucking moron. And, if you think $16 is overpriced for delicious, fresh, and unique foods, you must be poor as fuck.

This is not popular in anyplace else besides upstate New York. It's just like saying Rocky Mountain oysters are a popular food dish in America.

Never been Empressed (get it) with Chairman Bao. It's okay, but I like koja kitchen better. I make bao at home, it's easy as fuck.

That looks great you soylent consumer

I WANT ALL OF THESE RIGHT NOW FUCK

San Diego fusion > all other Mexican fusion

I don't get it. Does the kebab meat stick to the top of the box and it just looks like that when you open it?

This is not a popular at all.
Goat tier

Half true. They are all americans but they just be trollin.

>popular
No, it's not popular in the US. It might exist in some corners of the states, but most people wouldn't know what it is. It's more of a britbong thing.

I grew up in Southern California but have lived in Rochester for the last six years. People in CA don't want garbage plates because they have far superior options already, Also, fuck Rochester. I hate this fucking town with every fiber of my being.

But you're in NYC, aren't you? It's specifically a Rochester thing although I've seen them as far east as Albany.

How much for the glutenous Short Rib KoJa

looks tasty desu

that sounds delicious, unironically.
What do eurocucks have a problem with here?

i think... they BOTH rule. Carne asada fries are fucking awesome, and while I've never had a garbage plate, it seems pretty great too.

thats a munchie box you cunt

Where the fuck do I get this shit

Are Americans really this ignorant?

Pic related

How the fuck you're supposed to take it away if you put food on both side?

No wonder, britbongs are muslims

People like this shit, sports team is the browns. Hmmmmmmm.

>Carne asada fries called, they said YOU SUCK.
What is this youtube comments?

Actually, the local sports team is the Kings.

>not appreciating the occasional cheeky insult.

You tried and failed

>post something disgusting that's only popular in some tiny corner of America
>claim that everyone in America eats it regularly
Guaranteed replies, every single time.

Then go home faggot.

>Popular
I've never had it or seen it anywhere

After doing the smallest amount of research I see this is pretty much a New York only thing, and even then not all of New York.

...it was the end anyway though

What is HSP?