How much do all these books cost?

How much do all these books cost?

I'll give you $0.78.

Probably a few grand. The MC's are probably the most expensive cookbooks on the market, the CIA book is close to $100 new. Pretentious as fuck shelf with the copper pot there; hard to believe it's not staged.

That's a pretty nice collection. Those white ones on the bottom with the numbers on the spine can be in the 500-1000 range.

nothing my dude

Free if you know where to look. I have an old edition of that Campbell book though that I had to get for college, but now I just try to find a free version online because fuck paying $150+ for a textbook that you'll only use for one semester. I want to buy those Modernist cooking books, but I don't have the $500+ per set. Anybody bought them? Are they worth it?

it's a guy from Veeky Forums who posts recipes from them

he's a cool dude

I'm not seeing Marcella Hazan's "Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking," OP. Glad you have "The Bread Baker's Apprentice," it's one of my favorites.

some people like to decorate their dwellings
it's ok

Just torrent them and put them in binders if you want a physical copy. Should be like $30 including individual binders for each volume and ink/paper

Those 1-5 books on the left and right of the bottom shelf, the Modernist Cuisines? They'll cost somewhere between $600-$1,000, just a rough estimate. The rest is a good guess for someone who knows the cost f a general book ,which is a bout $20-$80 depending on age and quality, etc. Yeah, a few grand or so.
There is a torrent, but it's scanned, and the pages aren't in order. But it's worth it if you want to just see the pretty pictures or whatever, and learn about food and chemistry and shit.
Where's the CIA book?

I forgot about torrents. I'm so used to finding PDFs by searching google. I found a high quality scan of it on TPB.

"The Professional Chef", 2nd shelf from bottom, 3rd book on the left

I have a torrent of the legit pdf version. I can upload if someone has some other good books to trade :^)

the guy that originally posted it was a certifiable badass actually, seemed like he had damn near memorized the entire collection

in other words, suck a dick

>le pretentious buzzword XDD

Since there isn't one, can we make this a book thread? Anyone read the Atelier Crenn book? I'm not a fan of the restaurant, but if there's some interesting tidbits in there, I'll give it a go. Also looking for another bread book. I have the Bread Bible and like it, but I'd like something that gets more into regional specifics, like focusing on German breads.

I've got a damn few. But I have no idea how we'd go about trading.

I got about $5500 worth of cookbooks for free from the CIA in Napa when I worked there because they were putting new books in their small library and had to clear out older books (ranging from 1-5 years old).

Around 1\3rd of them are official CIA Greystone books and they've been quite handy.

I miss Hearts. December just isn't the same without her.

Zero. Books have no value anymore. In fact you'd have to pay someone to get rid of them.

>cookbooks
>when every recipe is readily available on the internet, both in written and video form

>every recipe
The recipes in a really good cookbooks have all been tested, proved and refined, often over the course of many editions. That is not something that neccessarily hold true for the average soccer mom recipe posted on instagram or some other shit site ... may I remind you of Marie's Italian Tomato Sauce ...

t. no books

I don't think you know what 'buzzword' means.

What's the set of five bread books on the lower right?

You can download the Modernist books from the world's largest free Russian pirate library. Pretty decent quality PDFs. Fucking huge though.