Connecticut Pizza

>Philly has its cheesesteak snobs
>Maine has lobster dickheads
>Minneapolis has their deep passion for Somalian food
>Austin has tacos
>Half of Kansas City will fight you over BBQ

But in all my travels, I've never seen anyone defend a regional food dish like people from Connecticut defend New Haven style pizza.

It literally is a thin crust that's been over cooked. Defend this faggots! Please explain why this shit is so good.

That looks fucking foul. Not only is it burnt, that crust is goddamn anemic. This is nothing but disappointment diguised as food.

Man living anywhere in the USA that isn't southern CA or NY must be like living in a wasteland. You guys make me ashamed to be American.

>Austin has tacos
What is San Antonio

>Minneapolis has their deep passion for Somalian food
no we don't faggot, they're all in st paul

>Lived in CT all my life
>Literally never heard someone say anything about New Haven pizza

Probably a New Haven thing man. Don't get me wrong, I love a good pie from Frank Pepe's (same style) but I have never heard anyone try to make it a CT pride thing the way I've seen idiots from PA yammer on about which gas station has the best "hoagie" or which Philly cheese steak is best

I'm from Berlin, CT and there are a few pizza joints nearby my street that are okay/decent. Never even heard of, or even acknowledged New Haven style pizza before.

>wasteland
>he's never had shrimp and grits
Fuck Jew York City and Commiefornia. SE coast fag reporting in.

I like it. I loved there a while and remember it fondly. Pepe's white clam pie is really nice. The pizza is brick oven style, and the crust is crispy and has a chew to it. Imo it's one of the stops in the US if you're a giant pizza nerd. You can walk down the street and get a good canolli too.

"Gun wavin New Haven"

yeah, nah

I lived and worked in New Haven for half a decade and have never heard of 'new Haven style pizza' there were a few pizza places around but it's a fucking college town so that's to be expected.

that looks so good fuck

Can get them here in xalifornia too

Reminds me of living in California and never hearing about what a "California burrito" is until a couple months ago

Oh I'm sure, but it will inevitably be some kind of fusion hipster bullshit. I visited San Diego a few years ago. We went to a taco shop and they had crickets as a topping on the menu.

Yes, crickets...

The bugman meme is real.

It's delicious & CT residents know this, but OP is very much overstating. I've literally never heard someone bragging about "New Haven style" pizza. There's a few Frank Pepe's locations around the state and they are all very good pizza if you find yourself in CT.

Yeah pretty sure OP is exaggerating or ran into the one rare Frank Pepe's fanatic I'm sure exists.

Not really comparable if you think of the size of each state. I could miss my exit for work and accidentally end up in any of the major cities in CT.

don't lie user, I've been to cedar-riverside

>Philly has its cheesesteak snobs
we're pizza snobs here, too.

Crickets are an actual Mexican thing though

Crickets aren't bad, they have a nice meaty taste to them with a surprisingly nice crunchy texture.

>anyone that likes new trends is a human
You're a failure and your parents are disappointed.

inb4 puns are funny

*bugman

Fuckin autocorrwct.

>tfw I live in CT and never had any other style of pizza
Please don't make fun of my state or pizza. Slices in Milford has the best pizza I ever had

Thin crust is best crust, but that's just disgusting. Burnt is not good.

I’ve never heard of it either, but I also live in the northeastern section of Connecticut and we’re practically barred off from the west side

CT has the best chance of you having a great pizza of anywhere in the world. It might not have the best pizza but their average pies are better than anywhere else.

im in berlin CT as well ill fucking fight you right now pussy meet me at kensington pizza

I was born and raised in Greenwich and never heard anything about New Haven pizza until college from someone who lived in New Haven.

Fuck you faggot Ill suck ur dick mad dry.

Colony pizza in Stamford and new location in Norwalk is a favorite of mine. Pic related, called Stinger w/ some hot peppers on it.

Absolutely patrician taste, I was just there last week and go there every time I come back to CT.

another from Colony. This is sausage an Onion.

I love this stuff... it's great to eat a bunch w/ some beer & friends. But I'd choose more of a NY style slice as true 'favorite/best'

that looks fucking horrid, stop posting pizza that isn't modern please.

wtf you mean modern pizza?

Clam

You're not actually from minneapolis if you're saying this. MPLS is somalis, STP is hmong, well known.

>t. real southsider

yeah you fucking loser

New Haven pizza is not really that thin. It does have a nice char, but there's no standard oven type. You'll find pizzerias in the NH area that use coal, wood and gas. It's just good pizza. I won't say it's better than New York City or anywhere else but it deserves recognition.

The most distinctive thing about it is that the restaurants refer to it as apizza (99% of people just call it pizza, though) and the toppings. Traditionally, cheese was a topping that was requested. The most unique topping is the white clam, which is usually fresh clams, mozzarella, a little chopped parsley and garlic. Comes with some slices of lemon most of the time. Might sound weird if you're not a fan of clams, but it's really good. You have a mix of the brine and meatiness of the clams, mixed with the richness of the cheese and a bit of acidity from the lemon.

Modern Apizza is one of the more famous New Haven pizzerias.

ding ding ding. this nigga gets it.

also fuck OP for cherrypicking some nonsense pics. the crust is very thin, but rarely burnt to shit.

Eating american tacos instead of real mexican tacos. user...

>modern pizza
tf outta here w/ yr nonsense categories.

>wäää it's burnt!!!
t. flyover retards who have no idea what good crust is supposed to look like

i bet you think this looks burnt too

modern is a new haven staple you fucking flyover faggot

This is referred to as bar pizza is Massachusetts usually served in dive bars that make food.
This pizza is perfectly cooked, the za in the OP is burnt shit and clearly does not have the same airy texture as a Neapolitan.

Why did you burn the pizza europoor, go post in the frenchie board.
t.Kansas

>conneticuck pretending he isn't flyover
lmao

>living anywhere in the USA that isn't southern CA or NY must be like living in a wasteland

Northern CA can be good for food, too... Sacramento has tons of great places to eat, and don't even forget San Francisco. You can't walk 5 blocks in that place without passing an incredible restaurant, whether it's just an 8-table mom and pop place or a michelin star restaurant.

And I've never been, but I've heard Baton Rouge and New Orleans can stand alongside anyplace in the world for great food. Or Miami? Anyplace with a big immigrant population...

>inevitably be some kind of fusion hipster bullshit.

Don't be stupid. Most of the ethnic cuisine places aren't some hipster chef "fusing" shit, they're mom and dad from the old country making grandma's recipes from ingredients that are actually fresh and pass an FDA inspection. Go to a small place that is full of locals for lunch and dinner.