Which herb do you reach for most often when cooking?

For me it's mixed, the most versatile of herbs

cilantro

Not counting salt and pepper, it would be either a cajun blend, an Italian blend, a Montreal blend, or a fajita blend. I used to make my own, but it got too expensive. It's costs me roughly $50 to make a cajun-creole blend.

>Not counting salt and pepper
>Herb

Does watercress count?

this. and bay leaf.

Am I the only one here who can't stand herbs? I can't think of any off the top of my head that I actually enjoy. I love spices on the other hand though.

Sea salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder

Basil or oregano
they work with many cuisines

Sumac and aleppo pepper

Salt isn't an herb but pepper is. Next time you try to call someone out on their ignorance, check yourself.

Pepper is a spice. Heed your own advice.

Probably garlic salt if that counts, is garlic a herb?

Obviously black pepper, but aside from that I'm a sucker for parsley and garlic powder. I did recently pick up a habanero lime mix that I'm addicted to, but I'm sure it's just a phase, and I guess that's not an herb, so whatever.

Herbs are the leaves of a plant. Seeds roots and bark are spices.

Either rosemary or thyme, i do a ton of roast chicken and roasted root vegetables

THYME
H
Y
M
E

haha look at all the pussies in this thread putting girly shit like rosemary on their food, real mean use tabacco leaves.

Probably cilantro

>ly one here who can't stand herbs? I can't think of any off the top of my head that I actually enjoy. I love spices on the other hand though.

I feel bad for you desu. Fresh basil is orgasmic.

wft is tabacco?

Rosemary and thyme are always good buddies on the journey to flavortown!! SKA-DOOSH POW :D

>people on this board actually BUY blends with artificial shit stuffed in
>people on this board actually don't make their own blends

you just can't call yourself passionate when it comes to cooking if you don't make it yourself, ffs

This.
>garlic powder
Neck yourself. I bet you like your steaks charred as well.

Black pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Cumin

Probably my top three.

Actually medium rare with just salt and pepper

>you just can't call yourself passionate when it comes to cooking if you don't make it yourself, ffs
I produce and age a variety of wines to go with the cheeses I produce, the animals I raise and slaughter, the fish pond outback, the garden, and my soybean crop to produce soybeans and tempeh.

Plebs need to just stick to McDonalds.

I'm interested, why powdered garlic? Every time I've used it in anything, it just ruins the taste, no matter how little I use it.

Usually I'm only using it in making rice or ramen noodles for a quick meal. Haven't used it for anything else and on actual meals besides ones I mentioned, I use actually chopped garlic