Muh niggas, there's something that has bother me latelly

Muh niggas, there's something that has bother me latelly.
I used to love weeb shit, anime and gaymus and all that crap for losers.
But I started to read about politics and other humanities (economy, history, etc.), the same weeb crap has gone to a second plane and not longer interest me.
Since some days back, I can't stop watching videos about diferent topics, videos that talk about politics and other shit, I'm watching videos about ayy lmaos, hiperborean shit, lucifer rebelion and things like that.

If something I think I should stop watching videos and start to read books, that is the same shit but better.

The point is to see if people here walked the same road.
How did you start to read a lot?
Has change your life?
People think you're smarter?
How do you consider yourself?

I mean, not longer anime, nor games, nor movies, nor music, nothing, everything bores me to death.
Books are my last place.

Will I make it?

>I used to love weeb shit, anime and gaymus and all that crap for losers.
>Will I make it?

No. You are beyond salvation. Stick to complaining about women and kikes and posting frogs

I have only the faintest idea what you're trying to say

Wrong place to ask for help, go to /adv/

TL:DR everything in popular culture is garbage for low IQ children and I'm seeking something that can learn from (like food for my brain).
pop culture not longer gives me interest.

So, I'm stuck with books.
Not complaining though.

I think you should read a bit more books in English before posting on Veeky Forums

All these jerks in this thread while OPs is just being sincere. Give it a shot OP, you may love it.

I read and I still enjoy games, movies, and music. What kind of faggot stops liking music because he watched some pop-philosophy on Youtube?

Come the fuck on. Realize that you're uneducated as fuck, and get rid of that delusion of being better than others. Holy shit, you're maybe one microcosm """better""" than people who enjoy the stuff you're dismissing.

You can keep believing that if you want. 'Reading books' won't automatically make you smarter unless you approach them deliberately. Please do it, but its not like other mediums don't have distinct qualities to offer that are valuable in different ways.

My hobbies are like all my son's, I love and dedicate time to each and every one of them. Sure, I give more love to one and certain times but I'd probably go mad from boredom if I restricted myself to books only.

i got a copy of the diablo 3 expansion pack for 12 bucks the other day, installed it, played an old character for 10 minutes and then quit, i hate how all these games are built into social media, i don't want any mother fuckers to know i was playing video games ok, i played for ten minutes and got an achievement by accident so now for the rest of my life it is recorded that in the middle of the week when i should i have been working i killed 1000 whatevers

You suffer from object lose and protect yourself from the real despair by feeling depression as a kind of narcissistic project to see how bad you can feel instead of addressing the original guilt, shame, envy or abuse you suffered that caused you to lose your object. Object could be parent or some other important mental cornerstone.

also not something you spontaneously understand, you need a teacher, other-mind or some kind of master crafts person to help your mind latice back up.

Book and hobbies help b/c you can also find masters and tips in those crafts and rebuild your contaning object.

More experiences and explanations from others that have felt or understand what OP is going through. I'm the same way, while I do still enjoy anime, games, the gym, movies and other hobbies i used to pour more time into. I lost a best friend a while ago, picked up poetry and reading and just haven't been able to find that same level of drive. I spend a DICKLOAD of time watching youtube videos about different information, but at the end of the day the passion just ins't there. I write well, im proud of my poetry but it's hard to focus on even that.

lol what a virgin of the spirit.

I actually wrote an essay about this last week. I'm very tempted to turn it into a video essay but we'll see.
Anyway to answer your question user. Books won't help you either.

Not OP but do you mind sharing, or you trying to get some copyright faggot shit. If so, understandable

POSER thread

POSER thread

Unfortunately it wouldn't work because the essay was originally a review of something else. So it's nearly all just me attempting to point out the themes OP is experiencing and what I think the author had to say about it.
And in case you're wondering what the author thought he basically concludes that both creator and audience are doomed escapism enablers. It's depressing stuff.

POSER thread

you sure are buttblasted about something

>How did you start to read a lot?
got fed up with how video game culture has shifted to the supposed "SJW" side. saw my favorite hobby lose its quality year after year. realized it was all just to make money aka further the roots of a consumerist lifestyle
>Has change your life?
more than anything. the books that I've read thanks to Veeky Forums have cut me to my core and reshaped me into the man I am now. never did I think such depth of feeling and emotion possible
>People think you're smarter?
lel my mom says so when I go to vist.
>How do you consider yourself?
where I need to be. but I have a lot of work to do on myself as an individual. it doesn't matter how much stuff you learn from books if you don't use it as reflection and apply it to your life. that's a lot easier to realize than it is to carry out.

pic unrelated

spongeposters do not have human rights

>Oh yess Imma read books cuz I be smarter, fuck the weebs
That's not how it works. Books don't make you smarter. They will give you a bigger knowledge, but you aren't necessarily able to absorb that. Give it a shot, but for the right reason (that is to say: not being smarter). And why the fuck should you only read and give up all other hobbies? What are you a fucking monk? You think you're so smart because you look people listening to Franz Ferdinand while reading The Umbearable Lightness of Being? Well I'll tell you once, fucker: Franz Ferdinand is better than Kundera, and stop playing the "spleen superiority existential crisis boredom too smart" faggot, because it only makes you look like an idiot. Baudelaire did that stuff, and he was a dick

>'m watching videos about ayy lmaos, hiperborean shit, lucifer rebelion and things like that.

Start with genesis and Plato or get the FUCK off my board. There is no way you're above 18. Reading to change your life requires effort. If you can't handle the first steps you were never meant to make it, and should go back to youtube

You've gotten stupider. The greatest work of art is an anime series. Stop being pathetic and get onto it.

why was this ultra-shit thread chosen to survive for eight hours

>Muh niggas,
>I used to love weeb shit
>I'm watching videos about ayy lmaos, hiperborean shit

Get the fuck out of here. People like you are actively ruining this board
RAGE-

The best thing that you can do for yourself is never visit youtube again as long as you live. A lifetime of anime would hurt you less. Reading is good too, but really just for the love of god never go on youtube. It's almost as bad as this place.

Why do you bother replying if you have nothing of value to say? You're not funny. You're not insightful. This isn't reddit where you can just type the first empty thought that comes to mind and get meaningless "hehe so funni" points. Kill yourself and stop shitting up this board.

Why is this ultra-shit faggot chosen to survive a meaningless existence?