Any good resources for beginners looking to start cooking for themselves? Looking for noob tier recipes

Any good resources for beginners looking to start cooking for themselves? Looking for noob tier recipes.

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Co6ej47MOVE
ck.booru.org/
grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
youtube.com/user/jakatak69
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

google dot com
yahooo dot com
bing dot com
startpage dot com
duckduckgo dot com
askjeeves dot com

>heh this guy wants to start a conversation? with people of similar interests? on the internet? ever hear of a search engine kiddo? nothin personnel

thanks smartass, that's really clever. you're an asshole and you should fucking kill yourself

epicurious.com/

>plz spoonfeed me
>i'm trying to start a conversation

This is probably the most useful one I have.

This is more of less what I was looking for

nice trips

If you're totally brand new to cooking then honestly /r/gifrecipes has that kind of content. You won't learn anything special, and a lot of these recipes are over-fucking-loaded with cheese or junk. It'll give you a base to go off of. Once you get a foundation of knowledge in your own kitchen (ie your oven heats different than mine) and a decent amount of utensils/supplies, then you can start looking at professionals like Jaques Pepin. His omelettes and deboned chicken are a lot of fun to practice. If you end up liking butchery then ScottRea on youtube does a lot of cool stuff.

In the end a lot of good tasting food comes from knowing how your herbs and spices go together. That takes practice. Maybe another user has that infographic about spice pairings. Find out what you like on your own though. I think it's better for you in the long run.

Also ask for criticism if you're cooking for others eventually, but know that most people are too polite to tell you the truth even if they don't like it. Youre gonna be mostly on your own as far as where you think you fucked up or could have done better. Good luck, user. It's worth the effort.

Oh by the way you may want to learn how to marinade since it's literally the easiest thing ever. Learn the basics, too, like making stock/broth, getting a good roux (still can't nail that one properly) or knowing how to properly prepare meat will be much more useful than learning crazy recipes.

Funnily enough, most "haute cuisine" recipes are super easy and will teach you many things about how to cook food properly, a good coq au vin will teach you how to broil and how to prepare a bouquet garni for seasoning but it's honestly one of the laziest dishes ever.

Youtube.
The "trick" is to look up really basic stuff, because there will still be a "proper" way of doing it and it might be very different from what you're doing now.
For example, did it ever occur to you to watch a video about how to chop an onion? Or how to boil an egg?
If you are truly completely new to cooking this is the kind of stuff you should be looking up at first. Actual recipes come later. Food Wishes is great for those. Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver both have a fair number of videos showing the very basic things.

Aside from that I guess it's mostly about practice. Don't expect the first omelette you make to look good. Don't stop making them because of that.
Actually, omelette is probably a good place to start if you want to learn very basic cooking. Make a lot of them and pay attention to what you're doing; why did this one turn out better than the last one? etc.

French onion soup is another good starting recipe. There are many video recipes for this and some are better than others. This one looks alright but I only skipped through it quickly.
youtube.com/watch?v=Co6ej47MOVE
The thing about FOS is that it's very cheap, very delicious, and it forces you to cut (French cut specifically, hence the name) a shitload of onions, so it helps you become familiar with your knife. Do you know how to hold a chef's knife? There's a video for that too.
Hope any of that helps. I'm rambling, sorry.

I was amazed at how easy french onion soup was. So great as well, and dirt cheap.

I deglaze with red wine though and use gruyere

The ck booru.

>gruyere
comte

i dont speak surrender

But you speak "never involved"?

French onion soup has always been a staple of mine, but I was caught off-guard by the coq au vin. It seemed really proper, but it's not, and it teaches so much about the basics of how to properly prepare meat that it's impressive.

ck.booru.org/

Yeah, there's some good stuff on there.

You learn from books for fundamentals.
Get Essential Pepin then some Michael Ruhlman "how to..." books.
The internet is nothing but fake news and mom blogs ever since the ubiquitous nature of smart phones.

I'll try that next maybe.

chicken breast, chopped garlic, salt and pepper
if you can make that good, you are good to go

My standard recommmendatio I always post when such requests come up:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

Personally I use only half as much rice, one up water less and I add some pork belly and hot paprika or chili powder. Super easy to the point of being unfuckupable, cheap, filling and even healthy. You could probably live for months on nothing else without adverse effects.

I haven't been cooking long. Just pick up a cookbook with quick easy weekday meals and work through it.
Things like chicken honey soy noodles are dead easy. It's almost impossible to fuck up a curry

>people literally recommending reddit
I told everybody here this place has been inundated by MAGAts from reddit. This accounts for all the racism here lately. Smdh. The alt-right has taken over Veeky Forums and I for one find it very sad.

Either this is bait or you're a fucking moron

>the chad trolling
vs
>the noob cooking question

Highly recommend this YouTube channel for the basics. He struggles a bit with advanced recipes, but simple shit like cutting an onion... the man's a god.

youtube.com/user/jakatak69

damn. i was about to post the exact same link

any sort of Chad goat cheese vs virgin mozerella or something?

Chad salsa mocahete vus virgin Pico de gallo