If I make a cake today will it still be good on Saturday?

If I make a cake today will it still be good on Saturday?

A thread died for this

F

Just throw it in the refrigerator my man

A good cake is a good cake. It doesn't get better with age, user.

Oh no, A fast food or Sushi thread died?

No, op.

Totally depends on what kind of cake.

Does it get worse?

Like pic related

A shit thread that deserved to die.

What do you mean by good?
Will your cake spoil by Saturday - No.
Will it degrade in taste and texture by Saturday - Yes.
Will it degrade in taste and texture a huge amount by Saturday - Probably not.

If you are baking a cake to take to a party/event on Saturday, then it should be fine if you keep it refrigerated, but it really depends on what sort of cake, what sort of filling (if any, if it is strawberries like in the OP pic, it will degrade faster), and what type of icing/decoration you've used.

Good as in you can still eat left overs on Saturday sure.
Good as in you need to take it to a wedding, no

I will be using mousse as a filling. Should I freeze the cake?

>mousse as a filling
Making such a cake today, and letting it sit until Saturday would not be a good idea. Refrigeration isn't really going to help in this case, mousse is one of the worst in terms of "shelf life". Ideally it would be made and served the same day, which I understand isn't always possible.

>Should I freeze the cake
Absolutely not.

I have only baked two layers so far. Should I just keep them in the fridge and make the mousse on saturday and assemble it then? Also should I macerate the strawberries before i put them in the cake?

If its not too dry to eat, its fine. Its cake.

You probably should just make it all on saturday.

>I have only baked two layers so far. Should I just keep them in the fridge and make the mousse on saturday and assemble it then?
Assuming is not an option, your best course of action would be to bake the cake today, store the cake layers in the fridge (make sure they are in something that is well sealed and doesn't contain a lot of extra air), then make the mousse and assemble on Saturday. But realize that is the "making the best of a bad situation" option.

Thank you all who where helpful. I will see if I can post the finished product on Saturday if anyone's interested.

I'd be interested to see how it turns out, and best of luck.

It would be extremely dry.

4u

depends - what day is it where you live?

Everything thread must come to an end eventually my young redditer. It's the circle of thread life.