Lolita

This book belongs to the very few. To whom it belongs, it knows no age, no gender, no background. Its only criterion is a sublime rapture of the mind.
Few are capable of it, many claim ownership.

The pedos usually hang out at /tv/.

Anyone know if and where Nabokov's postscriptum of his Russian translation is included? It's a pretty obvious omission of my annotated Lolita.

was nabokov a pedo?

Probably not, seeing how the book is a long out description of how bad of an idea kiddy diddling is.

>it's another user gives a retarded interpretation of a classic episode

>another user who actually hasn't read the book who thinks it's some some kind of pro-pedo erotic jack novel.

Was Dostojevskij a murderer?

That's a false equivalence. A better example would be to ask 'Did Dostojevskij ever have the urge to kill someone?'. We can safely assume that yes he did and he even thought about murder in some detail. Asking if he was a murderer is more equivalent to asking of Nabokov ever fucked a child. Did Dostoevsky think about murder? Yes. Did Nabokov think about fucking little girls? Obviously, yes.

That's true enough but it doesn't justify the accusation being raised so automatically. Would it be the same if he had written on any other taboo subject instead? Or did he need to make it clear that you should feel bad about doing bad things even though it would make a worse book (both conceptually and artistically) in his mind?

yeah, well I watched your mom jack off bill cosby.

Yes, I think people will always question the author's real feelings when it comes to writing about taboo subjects. 'Normal' people, goes the logic, simply don't write about such things in the first place. It's not an unfair question, especially given his repeated writings on the same subject. Clearly he was a little preoccupied with it and not just trying to make a statement about the taboo.

A pedophile? No.
A hebephile? Maybe.

>'Normal' people, goes the logic, simply don't write about such things in the first place.
Don't they? What do they write about? Fiction seems filled with crime, sex and violence despite 'normal' people rarely seeing much of that. There's always some element of vice there to make things "interesting". I mean, I don't think Nabokov would have written about a different subject matter whether he personally enjoyed it or not, but people seem fixated on this one thing when there's other types of perversions going around constantly which they don't notice.

What I want to say, in the end, I think, comes down to fuck normies.

what animes nabokov used to watch?

Those elements of vice aren't taboo though.

I'm sure some pedophiles are capable of recognizing the social dysfunction of their affliction.

Falcon Crest.

Why have I seen so many Lolita threads in the last week? Is there some shortage of naive little girls for pedos to get their rocks off to?

I don't go on lit much (in fact I'm trying to exit this site permanently), but I know from my time on mu that certain things come in shifts. There would be 2-4 month periods where a certain album or artist was posted about often, then a period where they weren't, and then maybe they'd be posted about a lot a year later. I imagine that's what happens here also.

What did Dolores look like?
Show me your best pic Veeky Forums

Why was Lolita such a whore?

Because society molded her into one. That's part of the theme of the book.