I picked up some soybean paste at an asian market and realized afterwards that it specified usage for stew...

I picked up some soybean paste at an asian market and realized afterwards that it specified usage for stew, so Doenjang Chiggae. Is there any reason I shouldn't use this not for stews? Any suggestions on what I could use it for?

Does anyone else cook with pastes you get from markets? I've recently tried putting Gochujang in my chili and it turned out pretty well. It tasted even better eaten with sour cream, but that just might be my preference.

Other urls found in this thread:

chungjungone.com/brandstory/product/productView.do?pi_seq=375
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy miso, don't buy that gook shit.

Yes, plenty of korean dishes makes use of doenjang. Mix up some ssamjang and enjoy korean burrito ssambap

>soybean paste

>Is there any reason I shouldn't use this not for stews?
It might have some added seasoning. But other than that, there is no reason you can't use it for other uses. Just taste it first, if it is pre-seasoned, it might make a recipe that calls for plain soy paste taste a bit off.

stews are a very common if not the general use for it, should try making some anyways
don't do this though

GOOD GOY

EAT SOY PRODUCTS

DEVELOP BITCH TITS

BECOME STERILE

I've read about having to keep miso below a simmer or else it'll destroy the flavor, will shit this be the same?

I planned on making some now that I have it, it looks pretty good, but I've never cooked with tofu before. Would you get extra firm or just regular firmness for a stew?

you can use regular firmness as long as you're not cooking the stew too long after adding it, cutting it fairly thick

doenjang jjigae is godly

i'm pretty sure its just korean miso. that being said, the simmer doesn't destroy the flavor it destroys the healthy bacteria. best thing to do is make your stew, then add the paste into a strainer and dissolve it into the stew base once its cooled below boiling.

what do what you want its not gonna ruin dinner

the label says its flavored with blue crab anchovies and clams, so probably best used for seafood. Soy paste meant for stews mostly already has the dashi flavors added so you dont have to make your own, and if you want to use it for anything without dashi you fucked up

>falling for memes

Get the red one instead. I spread that shit on my toast with some melted cheese for breakfast.

If a handful of beans actually did that, trans girls wouldn't bother with titty skittles.

The hot pepper paste? I got that, it's what I was originally in there for. Never thought about eating it on toast though.

>국산 꽃게로 맛을 낸
>조개 멸치 된장

The label translates to "clam-anchovy doenjang flavored with blue crab."

This is pre-flavored doenjang for soup. If the seasonings aren't too strong, you probably can use it for other things, but it will not be the same as using actual 100% doenjang.

Rate my Asian supermarket haul (pork belly and kimchi not pictured)

I looked it up on the manufacturer web site.

chungjungone.com/brandstory/product/productView.do?pi_seq=375

It's 75% doenjang, 25% flavoring. It will not taste the same as using actual doenjang.

Side story: The heiress to the company that made your doenjang was married to the heir designate of Samsung, and she is thought to have received record alimony for Korea when they divorced on the condition of keeping her mouth shut.

not nearly enough produce and why no durian?

I have enough produce from the regular supermarket (spinach, cabbage, potatoes, etc) I need to make space first. But I'm gonna start getting more there because cheaper and more variety. I got that okra in the back when I hardly ever see fresh since moving out of the Deep South.

The durian were only $3 but had layers of frost over them. Also haven't actually tried one before. Do they get freezer burn?

That's $3/pound and they weigh several. They're a little cheaper here and most I get are $8 - $20. Usually move too fast to dry out. Takes a couple days at room temperature to thaw so they can be pulled apart.

Alright, I'll pick one up next time. What does it taste like?

vanilla/almond custard with variable onion/chive flavor. Some people hate it. The smaller ones I've had were milder.

No proof.

>I'm a sterile, impotent, lazy fatass with bitchtits who never leaves mom's basement
>I ate a piece of tofu marinated in soy sauce once
>Guys, it's the jewish soy farmers' fault I'm like this!

Kimchi and pork belly are the only real foods they sell apparently.

>tfw no qt soyboy bf to forcefeed estrogen without his knowledge
>ywn bully user about his lack of erection strength
>ywn lock him up in chastity because "it's useless anyway :)"
>ywn force him to crossdress in a cute maid outfit
feels bad ;__;

soy estrogen interferes with natural estrogen and makes you more masculine

sodium/10

Funny. I got the kind with the red lid myself today. First time trying the stuff.

Don't buy Korean shit.

Buy Miso. Miso fueled Samurai to kick Korean butt.