Veeky Forums's hero is a fucking STEMfag

>Veeky Forums's hero is a fucking STEMfag

o I am laffin

in this day and age there's literally no excuse for being nonSTEM.

STEM is the only real education left.

pynch transcends the stem/humanities dichotomy

>BA in English
>taught by Nabokov
>STEM

Because he's all about authorial intent and the phenomenology of language in between his in depth discussions of calculus, particle physics, and chemistry, right?

brainlet

who else
>/to smart for pynchon/ here?

he did 2 years of a stem degree then joined the navy
not exactly a stemfag. but as a general rule the more education and experience in various fields a writer has the better they are.

look at goethe

I know none of you guys will believe this, but I met Pynchon at my local wendys today

>Wendy's

He's too patrician for that shit

pynchon loves low class and hates high culture, i'd believe it

he smokes weed all the time, you think the guy wouldnt demolish a couple baconators

im too dumb for him

I believe you, tell us more.

he tongue kissed my six year old daughter and then pissed on my fries

trips of truth
it's fucking real

Isn't Norm MacDonald going to meet him soon? It'd be cool if he came on the podcast.

Who said you can't have an interest in Science? Most of the backlash comes from STEMfags coming here and saying every other pursuit is worthless.

I assumed McCarthy. If it is Pynchon, he'd never ever do the podcast.

Satan trips of truth. Don't hate STEM because of STEMlords.

He placed his order with a written note that he slid over the counter. The cashier lady seemed a little threatened or spooked at least. Come to think of it I don't think he even paid for his food. He say down right beside me and introduced himself using a pseudonym. "Gregory Berrycone" I think. He seems like the kind of guy that would try to chat while taking a piss in the urinal next to you.

Then a few minutes later I heard this crash from the kitchen and I heard him say to himself "sounds like mom made pancakes". To this day I have no idea what he meant.

Veeky Forums's hero was a nearly blind small irishman who was obsessed with his wife's farts and drinking heavily.

Stem creates stem lords

Is that supposed to be controversial? The majority on here seem to have this attitude

Why? It's epistemological cancer and is literally the Antichrist.

If you're going to pay for formal education STEM is the only worthwhile choice. There's no reason to pay for a sjw infested education in the humanities when you can just learn the subject on your own by reading books.

>worthwhile
Vague
>sjw
These only exist in social sciences, e.g., STEM.
>learn the subject on your own
No, not at all. You clearly don't understand how formal education works.
Of course a STEMsperg would not understand the process of self-improvement. You always look for the easy way.

Read Montaigne you hack.

underrated

good post

kek

>social sciences, e.g., STEM
no.

roy orbison > thomas pynchon

loled

>These only exist in social sciences, e.g., STEM.
Social "sciences" is not STEM.
>No, not at all. You clearly don't understand how formal education works.
I have a masters degree, how about you buddy?

Social sciences are STEM. Stop pretending otherwise you fucking sperg.
Social sciences are STEM. In fact, they tend to be more rigorous in their epistemology. NS is fucking epistemological cancer than argued that observation confirms observation.
You have a MD in a children's field. Must I also respect the basic bitch with a MD in 'special education'?
No child, going to a factory school while ching chonging your way through on a dozen adderal a day isn't an 'education'.

>"Gregory Berrycone"

Shit I remember this! I pulled the pick from fucking Reddit, I'm sorry about that

And I forgot to post the pic. I'm a moron

i..is architecture a good degree to get?

Social sciences are not proper sciences

They don't rely on data obtained from controlled experiments in which all the factors are known and controlled

Why am I even responding to this weak bait

Can you explain why social sciences are STEM without relying on "uhh social SCIENCES lol"

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Yes. City planning/architecture/urban design are going to be huge very soon. We've reached our limits when it comes to cities designed for cars. Too much noise, too much pollution, oversized streets, unwalkable distances, etc. has dehumanized the city. New city designs are needed to accommodate denser habitation without the need for vehicles.

Personally it's something I'd have loved to get into.

(You)

They do that, though
>all factors are known and controlled
Absolute ideology.
>anything i don't like is bait
Typical adolescent STEMsperg.

A science is a systematic field of knowledge, not whatever nonsense Reddit told you. Take your epistemological cancer and be cancer elsewhere.

goethe was so bad, like yea sure dude darkness is material and newton is wrong about everything why not go for it

Newton was absolutely wrong and Goethe was absolutely right.

Not gonna lie, I thought Wendy's was dead
just like pynchon

>a systematic field of knowledge
Almost every single field falls into this definition, why would social sciences be science while philosophy isn't? Even history and linguistics vaguely fall into this definition as well

Wrong.
History and linguistic are social sciences.
Philosophy isn't remotely systematic and much of it is completely hostile to systematics.
'MUH PSY ANTS' elitism is the single most misguided and pathetic sort of elitism possible.

So now history and linguistics are also STEM? kek

Are there even any degrees left that you consider worth obtaining? Or are you just too smart for the academia?

>KEK XDDDD I DISAGREE SO UR DUMB XDDDDDD
Good argument.
History and linguistics are both branches of anthropology, which is STEM.

I'm taking a 'philosophy' degree which is actually a theology/oecology degree. This is my third degree, the first two being STEMsperg.

well memed

Not a meme.

>a theology/oecology degree

Simply ebin
Real quick, define 'theology' and 'oecology' for me.

>not refamiliarizing oneself with the Oikos

Drudged through Gravity's Rainbow as a teen, taking 2 months to get through. 10 years later couldn't put it down.

I love reading, and how our changing circumstances and perspectives can change a book from boredom incarnate to one of the most pleasant experiences imaginable.

Pynchon's "readers" forget this.

this nigga watch evangelion and now it's time to get a degree, huh?

>tfw also engineering physics
Feels good, I'm basically Pynchon.
Not really, I'd be lucky to even drop out of Cornell

What? Speak English you fucking redditor