Do hops have an intoxicating effect when eaten on their own?

Do hops have an intoxicating effect when eaten on their own?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3399866/
akademiai.com/doi/abs/10.1556/APhysiol.99.2012.2.6
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-alcoholic_beer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

I'm no expert, but you sound retarded.

Bing is your friend

Off the top of my head they can cause skin irritation when in direct contact

Probably dont taste well either

no, its the alcohol that yeast produces that is intoxicating. hops is solely for flavor.

No they are fuckin nasty eaten raw. Have fun with your moobs fag

Why would you even think this might be a possibility?

Of course. They cause relaxation, sedation and are used to cure insomnia.

Because when you drink IPAs the hops contribute to the intoxicating effect. You're basically getting high off hops

No youre not doofus

Yes. It's been demonstrated in non-alcoholic beer studies.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3399866/
akademiai.com/doi/abs/10.1556/APhysiol.99.2012.2.6

>eaten on their own
>non-alcoholic beer studies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-alcoholic_beer

I've had tea blends with dried hops in them. No real noticeable affect on me but it's supposed to be relaxing.

Yes, I know what non-alcoholic beer is, I also know what drinking one is not the same thing as eating hops on their own, which is what the OP asked about.

well, when hop-picking was done manually by large groups of people, it's well documented that it would make the pickers mildly euphoric, relaxed, and even sexually aroused
but that's not even by ingesting them

They turn you into a /hopboi/

Jim Cook from Sam Adams would smoke them on Opie & Anthony’s radio show in the late 90’s.

I'd have to say go with smoking if you want an effect, I've vaped various hops just for the idea of their flavour and a mild drowsiniess was all I could report if at all. I have also placed one on my tongue for experiments sake but god damned fuck it was one of the most acrid bitter things I've ever tried nd I'm a fan of the 120 minute IPA.
t. Brewer

/thread

The hop (Humulus lupulus L.), a component of beer, is a sedative plant whose pharmacological activity is principally due to its bitter resins, in particular to the α-acid degradation product 2-methyl-3-buten-2-ol. The mechanism of action of hop resin consists of raising the levels of the neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA), an inhibitory neurotransmitter acting in the central nervous system (CNS).

Hops only adds flavor great as tea as well