What is final boss of literature?

What is final boss of literature?

Finnegans Wake is always memed here as The Final Boss of Literature but as someone else posted, it's probably more like the Optional Final Superboss of Literature where you need the best weapons to take it down

Wittgenstein and Heidegger

Tommaso Pincio.

Pic related

Modern Veeky Forums answer: Capitalism and Schizophrenia hurr durr what's literature

Voynich manuscripts
Finnegans wake
ZETTEL'STRAUM
Thousand Plateaus

Hegel

I'd say is correct.

If upon victory you want to say "Congratulations, you've finished literature! You can continue leveling up for fun or retire!", then those books would likely be Ulysses and/or In Search of Lost Time.

Another optional boss would be Ezra Pound's Cantos.

Henry Darger - The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What Is Known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion

yourself

The entire works of Voltaire

Finnegans Wake.

>In Search of Lost Time

You are probably right. Although, I think it may be necessary to read it in the original French.

I'm not very familiar with Marty's thought, but shouldn't he and Witty esclude each other?

The Atlanteans

The Cat in the Hat.

Prose: Gass
Poetry: Pound

>Gas
Bro! Read Gaddis: the better Willy. You understand what I'm saying? I repeat. Repeat what I said to me.

Philosophy: Adorno

Unironically the answer is probably some obscure feminist literature that is completely unreadable but which pseuds pretend to understand for larp points

Bro! Read Gaddis: the better Willy.

The first and last boss of literature will always be Shakespeare. You can never fully appreciate him until you have read everything else of significance

>Gass
>end boss tier prose
how silly.

>She knew she was a LASS WITHOUT A LACK. And I groan. Put my small penis inside her. Only the chair was moved. And I came like an ad in the mail.
Literally unsurpassed.

The Greeks. After you dealt with them, you're done.

Ramayana and the rest of the Hindu Epics.

>unsurpassed
in what? sub-rabelaisian grotesqueries? you're unsurpassed in ignorance, my man.

Zettels Traum

kek

this. or Adalbert Stifter "Der Nachsommer"

Ulysses

Behold

The Omni-Final Ultimate Dreadboss of Finality

Is this the Finnish Ulysses with 70 pages about walking across the room?

Yes. It's the Ultimate Dreadboss because you have to learn Finnish in order to even start reading it, as there is no extant translation from the original.

Being a Finn and thus already knowing Finnish equates to meme-magic and thus disqualifies you from taking part (sorry not sorry). So the Dreadboss retains his difficulty whoever you are.

>this Finn desperately trying to shill his irrelevant language

kek.

Because Finnish is so easy to pronounce I can just read it out loud, what type of plebs read for content anyways?

I'm not Finnish, why would I disqualify myself from this? My identification of this book as the Dreadboss is partly due to Finnish being considered one of the most difficult languages to try and learn. I certainly don't plan on learning it. Confronting the Dreadboss is simply not the fate which the Pancreator has in store for me.

If you waste your time reading a novel that long without understanding anything at all, well, the Dreadboss has beaten *you*. You've spent all that time for precisely nothing, your efforts spent fruitlessly with nothing gained, fading into black, like tears in the rain.

tfw read it in highschool, Not even that hard.

t. magic meme man

I only read for meter and phonetic enjoyment

>Another optional boss would be Ezra Pound's Cantos.
Just rented this from my library without knowing it was so hard, what am I in for?

*blocks you path*

>yfw the tutorial guide is also the final boss.

*teleports behind you*

You mean Plato

I recently bought this as someone who has very little experience with literature and I admit I'm having kind of a hard time with it and absorbing its meanings.
Should I invest more time on it or just read other stuff before trying it again?

Finishing your backlog

Phil Anselmo.

Reasonable.

How about nearly 1400 pages of the Vollmann?

Read em and weep, boys.

RE

back to /v/, manchildren
literature isn't dark souls

Wow, you win the competition of who is least competitive! Well done! You are so impressive about how you don't care about impressing people. Do you have a girlfriend, user?

F

>Do you have a girlfriend, user?
pretty easy when you're not a "vidya" addicted peter pan eunuch

caring this much about the state of a Veeky Forums board is inherently eunuch tho

The shit just lingers in the air, Randy.
I notice that you did not actually answer the question.

this is an art board. weren't you a philistine, you too would feel pretty sad to see it colonized by anti-art /v/edditors

>this is an art board.

this is a toilet.

>weren't you a philistine

haha i knew it you are a posturing pseud cunt. get rekt newfag.

Being and Time. Good fucking luck bitch

>doubles down on philistine, toxic attitude
>reddit spacing
lmao. just close this tab, chug some mt dew and resume your child pastimes. leave us alone

t. person who's never studied either
Heidegger was a bastard halfwit and Wittgenstein is just a footnote to Frege, eclipsed by Dummett, Brandom, Davidson, and even some of his scholars like Brian McGuinness and Crispin Wright

probably this desu
>just a shitty german clone of joyce and poe
if you know Finnish its meme-tier
you're thinking of it wrong probably
it isn't anything straightforward with a plot
its a series of loosely related observations by a rather renowned poet
there's actually an ongoing academic controversy on how it should be understood as a work (and thus translated)
its fantastic historical fiction on an interesting subject its easily readable

read Old Masters by Thomas Bernhard
it BTFOs Heidegger so hard you'll never read him again

>this is an art board
>we all space our lines according to criteria
What the fuck are you smoking, O great Veeky Forums leader? Go fuck your high horse, kid.

Philosophy: Hegel

>[T]ruly to escape Hegel involves an exact appreciation of the price we have to pay to detach ourselves from him. It assumes that we are aware of the extent to which Hegel, insidiously perhaps, is close to us; it implies a knowledge, in that which permits us to think against Hegel, of that which remains Hegelian. We have to determine the extent to which our anti-Hegelianism is possibly one of his tricks directed against us, at the end of which he stands, motionless, waiting for us.

Tl;dr
>Hegel said opposition is a natural part of idea development so to even oppose Hegel constructively supports his point.

Get fucked you bald rapist-looking pseud.

we get it: you're a contrarian retard

>>doubles down on philistine, toxic attitude
protip: you are a posturing ass.
>>reddit spacing
reddit spacing is a meme that newfags use to try and call out other newfags.

stop posting you are shit at it.

>UR A CONTRARIAN RETARD
well gee lets see what I was being contrary to then?

>DURR HEIDEGGER AND WITTY ARE GENIUSES!!!
>SHAKESPEARE IS GARBAGE
>ARNO SCHMIDT > JOYCE
>ALASTALON SALISSA IS THE SPINE OF THE WESTERN CANON
>Book of Disquiet has a plot???
>Dying Grass is barely even english reeee
>Being and Time isn't utter trash

yeah for some reason I think I'll stick to being a contrarian "retard" rather than follow the above.

Against the Day by Pynchon

Take your pills kid

I get that the Book doesn't have a narrative or a cohesive structure, but I'm just having difficulty understanding what the hell Pessoa/Soares is trying to convey with each passage

I'm also reading it in Portuguese, so unless it's heavily edited, I think I won't have much trouble with the language

Dan Schneider - A Norwegian In The Family

Keep Yourself Safe

Los Sorias. That's it.

>german poop jokes are the final boss of literature
seems about right

Are you portuguese or brazilian? Brazilians normally have a bit of trouble understanding european portuguese.

It is better than Ulysses, not even a competition.

>Wittgenstein is just a footnote to Frege, eclipsed by Dummett, Brandom, Davidson, and even some of his scholars like Brian McGuinness and Crispin Wright
How is possible to be so wrong?

Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra.

Right?

If it were really that good it'd be written in English.