Anything I should read / know before diving into pic related?

Anything I should read / know before diving into pic related?

I don't wanna waste half a year getting through it, just to realize I missed some important background.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

half a year? its book for a week if you have life,2 days if you neet. There aren't any prerequsities, only have decent brain which you seem to lack.

dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

you're welcome

A week? It's 900 pages. Spotted the neet.

130 pages every day seems pretty reasonable to me

I can read almost 300 pages in about two hours, do you work more than 22 hours a day?

retard

That's a few hours. I have shit to do

even if you only read like 25 pages a day you will have it finished in like a month

Don't read P&Veddit translation

Yea like shitposting on anime websites

damn how do you do this user. i cant concentrate for more than 20 mins. got any tips. would really help me out. srs.

honestly people will give you lots of tips but what worked for me was just seriously setting my mind to it.

I know that sounds silly but I'm basically like "okay, you are going to read, and you are not going to stop until you have finished your desired amount of pages."

and I don't have a great attention span, it's more of a matter of willpower I think.

i have severe ADHD user. i set my mind to reading a book in weeks and shit since i am NEET but i end up reading less than 10 pages.

shit i meant to say read in days

I recommend getting medicated man. I got prescribed Ritalin the other day and it seriously helps.

im gonna sound retarded but do i see a doctor or a psychiatrist?

You don't have ADHD you're just a fucking retard

ok

I went to my doctor but he couldn't prescribe it so he told me to go to some doctor at a hospital (I don't know what they're called) and talked to her about how I have trouble focusing and how I feel like I'm thinking a mile a minute and some other stuff. Eventually at the end I got prescribed but I have to go back in a couple weeks for an update just to make sure I haven't turned into a zombie from the drug.

>he doesn't have two hours of free time
Looks like we got a slave, boyos. How's Mr. Gold treating you?

Alright. Thanks for the help user. Have a rare pepe.

>150 pages an hour
>2.5 pages per minute
>24 seconds per page
I try to read as quickly as I can without losing sense of the material but that's just a bit ridiculous. It's not even about disciplining oneself to sit down and read, that's no problem. I just can't read THAT fast.

No worries my brother. Hope it goes well for you.

yeah, there's no fucking way you're going to get anything meaningful out of what you're reading by essentially skimming your way to 150 pages an hour. that's straight up bullshit and lies if anyone says they can

>skimming
You know I forget that people do this. It feels like cheating so it doesn't even enter my mind.

That pepe gave me nostalgia. Thanks user

psychiatrist

but a regular doctor may be able to recommend you a psychiatrist I think

don't fall for the "medication is bad" meme, medication can be EXTREMELY helpful for things like this, my brother has terrible ADHD and he is literally like a different person when he takes his meds (in a good way, I mean).

people just get mad at medication because it isn't guaranteed to work and people sometimes have bad experiences. but that doesn't mean it won't often work, and the people who have really bad experiences usually aren't taking them right, ex. quitting them cold turkey instead of weening themselves off, or taking more than they are prescribed, or missing doses, or shit like that.

medication is complicated and a lot of idiots would rather believe it's a grand conspiracy rather than just that it's not cut and dry.

Thanks for the suggestion user

Thanks brother

Sorry your thread became a dick size contest to see who reads faster user. You don't really need to know anything, but it'd be nice to have a decent grasp of orthodoxy. Everything else can be enjoyed in retrospective as you keep learning and reading new shit.

/thread/

>Reading so fast that he doesn't understand a fucking word.
Do you realize that books are supposed to last a long time, especially old ones like TBK, so as to provide long term enjoyment to people back when modern forms of entertainment were not available? They were written for us to last a long time, why the fuck not take your damn time? I honestly hate you speed reading fucks who try to advertise that they are somehow smarter for speeding through a book. You're like the Veeky Forums version of a 'holier than thou.'