Food you would give your left nut to have in your area

Food you would give your left nut to have in your area.

Other urls found in this thread:

marukai.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=0zgJiYZ7lJc
youtube.com/watch?v=VgEbcQxFUu8
horseshoecrab.org/med/med.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'd love if all the convenience stores in my area sold cheap but decent/passable sushi, like they do in japan and hawaii.

I never go to bars and I'm pretty sure this is a bar food but I want it in more places.

I'm a Canada fag and I've never seen poutine in bars here.

fucking gross man, look at that thing

are you sure you went to the right canada

Would love to try out real sushi, but it there's only expensive dishes in restaurants or convenience monstrosities around there, won't touch it until those damn nips get themselves together.

Fucking leafpeople.

>Eating Horseshoe crabs
There's a special place in hell for people like you.

I want to fuck it

The sushi in conbinis is FAR from decent/passable. Fucking disgusting. Tell you what retard, you suck my dick and I'll send you some packs of conbini sushi. Dumb faggot

something actually worth posting

Cheap seafood. Got a buddy who loves in Newfoundland and I'm so god damn jealous of how cheap they get their shellfish.

They do in Belgium

You can't eat that, silly.

Tell that to my pressure cooker faggot.
These beach bugs are delicious.

This stuff is worth a fortune

>that nausica scene where they use that poor ohmi larvae as bait
Leave that chelicerate alone!!!

I love to make a sauce out of the blue blood.

>Quebec
>right canada
Anyway if you want good poutine you have to a dirty mom and pop place.

Every fucking bar that serves greasy food has poutine on the menu pretty much everywhere in Ontario and Quebec, bitch.

lobster roll

I want lobster rolls now, thanks.

>Jesuschristthatshorrifying.jpg

>there are actual huge farms where we drain horseshoe crabs dry of their blood
The horror stories they must tell their children

>tfw they're usually around 12-18 dollars where I live
>tfw I live in Seattle

what the fuck man

>quebec
so the part of canada nobody likes

for the parts of Canada that isn't comprised of disgusting french faggots, there's a poutine spot on almost every block, and any downtown bar has a poutinery in viewing distance

I went to a place called Maine-ly sandwiches and they were 30 bucks a roll, but a Cajun seafood place in Lafayette had them in crawfish and it was decent for 6 bucks

For me, it's eloteros.

>un vaso grande con todo, porfa
>one dollar

Found it, it was in Houston

There's a corn stand not too far away from where I live. They have elotes and mangonadas and tostilocos.

I always just get the tostilocos though.

>not knowing the blood is strictly regulated and only one in thousands of crabs die this way
>not knowing the blood is used for scientific research
>not wanting to make a thicc sauce out of the blood

Amatuer hour over here

Yeah, they do take a lot of care to not actually kill the crabs, but it looks pretty fucked up all the same.
What does the blood taste like? Is it at all comparable to blood containing hemoglobin instead of hemocyanin?

In Viet Nam, in some seaside villages, there's a speciality some locals do where they'll squeeze out lobster blood and mix it with vodka.

I blacked out a lil bit last time I had tostilocos. Mangoniadas are my shut tho.

>In order to sustain the species, the harvesters take 30% of the blood from each crab, after which they are returned to the ocean. While this portion of blood is meant to be an amount the crabs can survive, it is thought that 10-30% don’t. Moreover, among the females that do recover they often breed less after being bled.

I would give my left nut for Balinese food.

> Kek, user obviously carries a CNIB card.

What the hell? What's even edible in a horseshoe crab? They're like 99% shell.

Their blood is red inside and ours is blue inside. When it hits air it switches.

wrong on both counts.

Care to explain? It's copper rich vs iron rich blood.

I live in the pnw and I would settle for New England style hot dog buns, an actually decent lobster roll would be heaven.

WHAT THE FUCK

>high school biology diagrams color coding non-oxygenated blood in veins as blue has caused people to think the blood is literally blue
All of our blood is red, non-oxygenated blood is just a lighter shade of red than oxygenated.

Blood contains metals that react with oxygen that turn it different colors.

Their blood is used to make a huge portion of a lot of medical stuff, because there's copper in their blood it's also partly used as an anti-biotic in extreme cases with resistant bacteria.

This practice probably saves more human lives than it kills crabs.

What are you talking about mollusks do not have hemoglobin in their blood but hemocyanin. Their blood is colourless and turns blue when exposed to air.

We know, people are just responding to the moron who said "our blood is blue inside."

pusy

>Their blood is used to make a huge portion of a lot of medical stuff
What's that as a percentage?

whats your area, frendo. try loading up jewgle maps, and searching for japanese grocery store. they sell cheap but very good sushi and japanese food, takeout, etc. thank me later.

here's a big one in SoCal:
marukai.com/

good catch

based

Copper filled blood? Sounds like the rh negative blooded elites would hoard this for themselves. It's unlikely any goys benefit from this tech.

Not even close to true. Our blood is iron based ant the crabs blood is copper based. Nice digits.... fuckwit

God you are a real cocksucker. It’s blue because the live in the ocean and they’re cold. Now who’s the fuckwit?

What you consider "expensive?" $10 a roll is normal for a labor intensive raw fish dish, lowest you're gonna get is maybe $6 a roll.

If you're still hungry you can eat at golden corral after

Where do you get them in Seattle at? I'm in Wedgwood. We don't have shit for seafood in this neighborhood

Jesus Christ, these look like Australian prices.

>rolling sushi is labor intensive
nah

It's blue because their blood is copper based, while ours is iron based.

*cuts a thin slice of fish that was frozen and air delivered from japan*
*presses it gently on a ball of vinegar sticky rice*
*glazes it with soy sauce*
*puts it on a plate in front of you*
*bows*

all this unnecessary bullshit ornamentation. the japs and koreans have made billions off of the sushi industry.

just get a sushezi if you really want to have sushi and don't want to fuck around with these jap scam restaurants:

youtube.com/watch?v=0zgJiYZ7lJc

Their blood is blue because they're descended from crab nobility.

I want /ic/ to leave.

Did Rian Johnson get inspiration from these crabs?

This stuff is just okay. It doesn't deserve the hype

I’m Canadian and I don’t know what this is.

Sorry dude, me too.

Are they delicious?

pwn?

Any air in a syringe ya dickheads? Nah mate. Bloods always red just google it.

I wish they had these in houston. They look pretty good.

Cheap fresh seafood. Flyover places are the worst for sea food. Best you can do is prefrozen. Why bother with it at all.

If I want a good fresh fish I have to catch a bass, trout, or panfish myself. The streams and ponds near me are so polluted it's not safe to eat most fish. Very hard to find a good pond that's near the top of the watershed.

Is that a real pokemon?

Kabuto?

>now with vitamin K

american education

that's a lot of empty statements

Not that guy but here's something from Ted-ed regarding horseshoe crab blood harvesting:

youtube.com/watch?v=VgEbcQxFUu8

I'm not sure how people consider the validity of that channel but it's something.

let me guess, chinese have this as some medicine because they think itll grant them immortal life?

disgraceful

its not even a crab. it's a spider.

you got that reversed

Retard

lol
>hits the air it switches
our blood is always red, it may be a darker shade of red if there's less oxygen being carried, but the blood is always red.
Not sure about a crustacean, though

American here, still technically from my region, but I miss the WonderBall(tm). On the other hand I also miss Kinder Eggs, the old, not the new ones. Or those Japanese Vending machines, they seem to have a good variety of well everything, very cool.

horseshoecrab.org/med/med.html

blood doesn't get its color from metal content.

Convenience store sushi is trash in Japan too.

I usually head to Ballard.

I want döner kebap in the United States for $3.50

I really want to try American soul food
Everything looks so comfy

>blood doesn't get its color from metal content.
Since when is iron not a metal. Have you never seen oxidized iron?

Other species use a different oxygen carrier so their blood is a different color. Copper, if I recall, is second in line. So blood blue exists, and I think at least one has green.

You fucking ignorant goon. Poser ass shitbag. Those things everywhere here but we call them by the Greek name "gyro". Did you have to google that kraut 'o' to write that word, you idiot?

You havent been to alot of bars then. Unless you are one of those fags that go to dance bars. Then yeah I dont think those serve it.

Nobody wants sub 5 euros doner/gyros.

They're two different things.

dunno, but the vast majority of endotoxin testing is done using their blood because it's a lot better and cheaper then pyrogen testing, which needs live rabbits.