Squeezing lemon on fish

>Squeezing lemon on fish

This is just because the masses expect it right?

sometimes i'll use lemon as a garnish if i want to be all fancy and shit but fuck if im going to squeeze lemon juice over cooked fish like that holy shit lmao

Because it tastes good

not a meme. it's used to get rid of the fishy taste.

nigga if you're buying fish that has a fishy taste then you're buying garbage-tier fish.

>used to get rid of the fishy taste
>when you're eating fish
for what purpose???

Please don't tell me that's a product people buy

vagina isn't a fish

Actually, has there being any investigations on treating vaginosis with lime juice?

i would imagine lemon/lime juice would be extremely painful if put into a vagina

For you

Same with Olive oil right? How can anyone enjoy the taste of that wretched shit?

>eating fish
you're a land animal.
your body requires land animals.

>50 million years from now bears will be furry river whales

yeah OP introducing acid to a dish is such a stupid idea. *eyeroll*

As for lemon, it all depends on the fish. Deep water whitefish like cod, haddock, pollock and flatfish like flounder, fluke and sole are all fantastic with lemon.

I'd never put it on an oily fish like chilean seabass, or a greasy fish like bluefin tuna.

I tried to picture this, but like wouldn't that just be like a seal?

Bears are shit. Otters are better in every way :3

:3

My parents got one last week...

Cute doggo
What's his name

The best way to serve a big white fish is to broil it or grill it and glaze it with tare.

The best way to serve a small oily fish is to smoke it, ferment it, or pickle it, or a combination of the three.

Otters are assholes, bears are great.

For you ;)

so my fish should taste like chicken?

fucking furfag roooooooooooo

>how to spot a 'straya thread

Fishy smells are due to chemicals with amine groups, which are basic. Adding an acid to it turns them into the corresponding salts which are less volatile and don't interact with the nose in the same way, so they aren't as easy to smell.

Utterly Otterly. For that fresh otterlike taste.

I put tomato sauce on all my fish

>not liking olive oil
what in the fuck

It's the only flavoring a good, fresh fish needs.

>only shitty fish tastes like fish

T. otter

actually it's because the acid dissolves the little bones

no, it's because lemon on white fish is awesome

>not fried
>no bread
>no tartar sauce

What the fuck?

The term fishy has a very specific meaning

Fuck off, Nigel.

this tbqh

>not using lemon juice on literally every piece of meat ever

>Sea otters also rape baby seals to death. Male otters will find a juvenile harbor seal and mount it, as if he were mating with a female otter. Unfortunately, part of the mating process involves holding the female’s head under water which ultimately kills the seal pups (and over 10% of female otters). For over an hour and a half, the male otter will hold the seal pup in this position, raping it until it is dead. Sometimes when the seal pup dies, it is just let go and the otter will begin to groom itself. Some otters, however, will hang on to the dead pup and continue to rape its dead and decaying corpse for up to a week later.

:3

>rape is part of nature

oooohh yeeeeeee

It's just a part of their culture okay

You should look up dolphin rape caves. It will make you afraid of the ocean, and distrust those "cute" little monsters.

Dolphin rape cave is the name of my band

So it begins.

It's panfried salmon

when people use to do something to fish, I'll do it to meat (that used to walk or fly on earth when alive)

hence I often eat meat with soy sauce and/or lemon juice and/or pickled ginger

cooking fish with preserved lemon >>>>>> squeezing lemon on fish