When the fuck did this board become "western philosophy and political science"?

When the fuck did this board become "western philosophy and political science"?

it's always been this way, with a brief interlude of it not being that way right after Veeky Forums was created

but the soul of Veeky Forums has always been at least half philosophy

/film student-level philosophy discussion and blog post poli-sci/

I literally spent 9 months redpilling Veeky Forums. Every single thread I would derail immediately and start talking about identity politics. ie. race, gender or sexuality, either redpilling with infographics or falseflagging as a degenerate leftist cuck.
The Marxists who were here have given up and either left or moved to our side through redpilling.

>at least half philosophy

Which I don't particularly mind. Continental philosophy is very near literature.

what a nightmare

so you guys basically just talk over an over about the same roughly 100 works on a university reading list?

>I literally spent 9 months redpilling

You sound like a generally healthy and happy person.

we have our memes and daily threads just like every other board, but if you're saying Veeky Forums's taste in books is vanilla... i think there are enough people here talking about authors other than dostoevsky and pynchon to keep me coming back

I don't think it's vanilla at all. But it's literally 90% philosophy and polisci. I would get extremely bored reading that constantly. I rarely see any threads talking about fiction or recommendation threads for fiction or even philosophical fiction.

Because genre fiction is for children.

Well the actual political science board is no fucking good so

How can visual artists even compete with Gregory Crewdson?

Why don't you fucking start one then, buster?

what. Veeky Forums is still quite marxist

that's brilliant

how have i never heard of this guy?

You know.. that's... a

good point

>The Marxists who were here have given up and either left or moved to our side through redpilling.
That's where you're wrong kiddo

Classic mistake nigger, the jig is up. Don't let me see you posting outside of /sffg/ ever again. Stupid genre babe.

I'll miss the quiet month after Veeky Forums was introduced. Philfags ruin this board. It's not that philosophy is bad, but here it's basically an excuse for unbridled shitposting and the absolute worst of the underage wikipedia philosophers. Posting an image of some thinker and saying "was he right?" is not good posting and no better than r9k posts and booktube threads.

Since those were things discussed in books.

i feel you bro, sick of fags being like "you can't understand infinite jest or whatever unless you read collected works of aristotle, emmanual kant, and wittgenstein" like no fag, not everything in the western tradition is a philosophy wank, fuck off, but i guess when all you have is a hammer, or a philosophy degree in this case, everything looks like a nail

Ever since Peterson unified the field.

>I spent nine months shitting up an imageboard

We live in a very political time. I don't remember people being this excitable in 2008 or 2000.

To be honest I've been less interested in fiction lately, and have been reading more "western philosophy and political science."

I've been doing it for 13 years

Leftists made all literature political. The thing you are talking about is the end-game of that.

I think the rise of clickbait news and mass social engineering by mainstream media and advertisers, in conjunction with the internet giving unfiltered exposure and easy mass communication, have been the driving forces behind more people getting interested in politics.

Basically people are constantly smacked over the head with upsetting and enraging information, but have the means and tools at hand to express their displeasure where thirty years prior they would've been left silenced and isolated.

>I was forced to read piles of volminous text, curcuitous, vague and opaque as could be. That I spent many thousands of hours as well as many more thousands of other people's money doing this-- it compels me to insist that it was effort and materiel well spent, so I meme younger men into the same pseudointellectual pyramid scheme, instead of providing access to the valid books in question and letting them make a case on their own or not

yep, philosofags btfo as usual. BUT CAN THEY *REALLY* EVER BE BLOWN OUT IF THEY ARE ALWAYS ALREADY BLOWN OUT AND AS SUCH CANNOT BE FURTHER BLOWN?

/christiancirclejerk/

Lit can't accept that novels are merely entertainment so they have to talk about other topics or pretend fiction has "profound insights" because they are pseudo intellectuals

As much as people here shit on genre fiction, the science fiction and fantasy thread is usually free of this sort of stuff.

is this supposed to sway anyone against marxism

When Homer's poems were the founding stones of Western canon and PLato together with Aristotle its most famous thinkers.

Get the fuck back into your tumblr, this is not your safespace.

since the millennials taking their college courses collectively using this board as a study guide finally started learning what they were studying. I used to lurk this board for a while, and then I stopped.. and then when I came back, some how Veeky Forums posting was weirdly much more concise, elaborate... referencing actual texts, articles, periods in time. as a non-Uni fag, its the only logic i can derive from having such a substantial drive to actually learn something.. as someone with a fluctuating interest in literature and philosophy, it seems that the entire mechanism of it stems from schooling

Should have gotten a job

WTF is this?

>not understanding that only like 5 people post on this fucking tryhard board

it´s all your fault!

Keep telling yourself this kids.

This

>when
Plato

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction)

I read mostly lit and poetry but I like some of the philosophy threads, like the ones on Heidegger and Baudrillard. People post good introductory videos and reading lists and some of the philosophy is interesting. The political stuff does get on my nerves though. Too many posters from pol and mu are annoying.

>If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums

the mods and janitors are basically incompetent and cognitively challenged as the amount of semen they consume has restricted oxygen to their brain