My little brother is a extremely picky eater. What should I do to fix his habits?

My little brother is a extremely picky eater. What should I do to fix his habits?

>at nearly 13 years old
>allergic to fish and nuts
>only eats fastfood and sweets. Occasionally eats fruits.
>tried giving him vegetables.
>The most he could do is nibble on tiny florets of broccoli when asked to.
>tried giving him chicken drumsticks.
>He decides he would only eat it if someone removes the bone and cut the meat into tiny pieces.
>tried giving him a sub sandwich. He doesn't eat it, because the turkey ham is not exactly like the one from subway.
>Tried a pasta recipe. He won't eat it because the pasta is not shell shaped.

Is there a way to fix this? Or will he be like this forever?

Don't feed him. Let him starve. When his food options are limited, he'll adapt into a normal diet out of desperation, or he'll eat out of the McD's dumpster.

Let him die

>trying to give him vegetables
>broccoli
I am not a picky eater, but fuck broccoli. Only if it's cooked and smothered in cheese or some asian sauce.

YYou should've started like five years earlier. I don't think you can change him now. Also balme your parrents for raising him so spoiled.

IMO you have a do a bit of tough love mixed with making tasty food.

Get whole wheat pasta shells, cut his chicken drumstick into small bits, etc. Take the most normal food he'll eat and make it well.

Then add a small side of steamed Vegetables, add butter and stuff at first. Tell him if he wants his good food, he has to eat his Vegetables. Maybe get a desert or some of his junk food to bribe him.

Make him eat veggies every day, make him eat some other foods every day. Eventually he'll be a bit more normal in his pickiness.

If you spend time with him and ask him to make a meal with you regularly. once a week or twice a month, he may be apt to try and enjoy more foods.

Set a rule that he has to try one bite of everything, but doesn't have to keep eating if he doesn't like it. After he's done that, let him eat something he's comfortable with (as long as he's not eating nothing but junk food).

This is how you play the long game. I was a picky little shit for a long time but my mom stuck with that strategy and now I eat anything and everything.

Try giving him "American veggies" you know covered in unhealthy shit and then slowly ween him to only the veggies.

GTFO my Veeky Forums

I get less and less pickier as I got older, I also went hungry a lot more, and I got drunk a lot and there was no other food around, so I said fuck it and ate it, and realized it wasn't so bad.

I live with a picky eater and MY GOD is it a pain. I am on a keto diet and she will only eat prepackaged processed burgers. Not ground beef made to burgers. I lose my mind slowly since I am the only one who cooks.

I will find and shove broccoli up your asshole until you are severely crippled from that broccoli you love so much. You will not be lovin' it.

Why join a thread where we complain about picky eaters when you yourself are a worthless slob with a shit palet. I'll let you suck my dick a while so you can get some taste.

I'unno, sounds pretty good to me. Can you do Tuesday?

that doesn't work at all. I grew up in that situation and you are really avoiding the underlying problem. the mind framework. if you starve someone like that, they'll die, because eating something not familiar is impossible

you have to help him become more confident in life. the food thing goes away quickly, it's not really a primary issue unless he will die from his habits in the next 10 years

Picky eating is a disorder caused by famine and depression and that's why Americans developed it.

Good news is it can be cured. How? By having good and diverse food available and it not being a famine or depression, plus time.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're fat

>broccoli
>picky eater
How much of a fag do you have to be to call someone a picky eater about one thing that can be fixed with sauce? I bet you don't eat all kinds for shit for minuscule arbitrary shit "it's not authentic enough." Neck yourself.

No can do, but desu probably wouldn't give you the luxury of choice.

Well I'm not fat, I used to be when I was a picky eater though. Not huge, but chubby and overweight. It's a lot easier to lose weight when you're okay with oatmeal for breakfast and fish for dinner instead of junk.

just stop cooking for her, tell her she can eat what you eat, cook for herself, or go hungry.

that's how I got my gf to stop eating like a child.

Have you considered not trying to 'fix' him? The best thing you can do is fix good quality food and offer it to him. Don't badger him, don't sit and browbeat him about how he's living his life 'wrong' — that's fucking obnoxious. It's his choice, and using police-style interrogation techniques (repeating endlessly what you want to be true/never giving him a break to just collect his thoughts/etc) isn't going to do anything but make him resent you. To paraphrase the tao te ching "the harder you try to grasp shit the more sure you are to lose it".

Modern child raising everyone.

>using police-style interrogation techniques (repeating endlessly what you want to be true/never giving him a break to just collect his thoughts/etc) isn't going to do anything but make him resent you.
LMAO! You're obviously not very familiar with how successful those techniques have been historically and currently when ruthlessly applied by militarized police forces.

take him out back and give him a chew toy so he's happy. when he's distracted pop him between the eyes and end it quickly.

Don't know about 13 year olds but its scientifically proven that toddlers will eat any food you give them if you ask them about 30 times in a row on average

He aint allergic to shit. he's just a faggot that cries when not eating what he wants.

Fastfood and sweets are filled with nuts and fish oils

>Is there a way to fix this?

He eats what you give him or he doesn't eat at all. Let the little fucker starve.

since you aren't dead, obviously you don't have first hand experience with someone actually telling you that they're not going to feed you certain things. Or you do and you're just lying.

This. I was and still am a picky eater and the only way that I can accept a new food is by cooking with it. And not the bullshit "hide the broccoli under cheese" thing, I mean cook it alone. So I get hungry, make the food by itself and eat it. Do it a few more times. Then and only then am I comfortable eating it with other foods.

My mom always tried to hide foods I hated in other foods (like put slices of tomato under my steak) and all it did was made me even more paranoid and afraid to try new things.

>Take him into your room
>Pull his pants and underwear down
>Put him over your knee
>Spank him until he is crying

not that hard faggot

Well kids are fucked. Even if i didn't like something as a kid i still tried to eat it. The first few times i would make a weird face and spit it out but i did so i could adapt to the flavour and it worked.

I eat sprouts, brocolli, califlower, olives, to name a few. All things i used to hate as a kid i absolutely love now.

Kill yourself Amplify

Sounds rapey, incestuous, and gay.
>not that hard faggot
Definitely THAT hard faggot.

Just don't give in. If he doesn't eat the food that's offered then he doesn't eat. And put a total ban on fast food from today. You should accomodate for his tastes somewhat though, let him choose the lesser of two evils regularly.

How is it gay?

do you think parents will follow through with the do or die ultimatum? i definitely have experience with it, I still have habits of sneaking around with food, hiding it in my yard until I can get it into my room without revealing it.. a parent will crack before a child

Just cook what you want, fuck the little brat he needs to get used to normal food not this bullshit

Don't cater to the drama and bullsheet. Lay down some rules, explain them, stick with them. Once he starts to comply, start rewarding the correct behavior. If that doesn't work, I recommend therapeutic doses of LSD on a regular basis.

>Sounds rapey, incestuous, and gay.

>chubby and overweight
So you're fat. Gotcha.

>do you think parents will follow through with the do or die ultimatum?
Good ones will, and the child won't die because they're going to get so hungry they'll eat fucking anything you put in front of them.
Or were your parents one of those pussy "Go to bed hungry but I'll bring you a PBJ later because I feel bad" pairs?