ITT: Foods where the fake version is consumed more often than the actual food

ITT: Foods where the fake version is consumed more often than the actual food.

>mexicanfood.jpg

Every single school friend whose house I went to used this shitty margarine. Well, maybe not the Filipino kid's family, now that I think of it.

thats kind of odd because Filipinos have by far the worst taste in food.

>margarine

I still prefer it over maple syrup on pancakes and waffles. I only use maple syrup when a recipe calls for it as an ingredient.

my parents only ever had margarine. growing up sucked.

we would eat our breakfast cereal out of old margarine containers.

it was a shitty childhood.

My parents loved buying that squeeze margarine in the blue squirt bottle. wtf was it called?

Also, don't hate on aunt jemima. top tier HFCS with caramel color

Parkay?

>Filipinos have by far the worst taste in food.
Incorrect
The correct answer are the Scottish

YES that's it

God I miss these rounded tubs so much.

whoa boy

Is fake maple syrup really more popular than the real thing

My mum hated butter. She said her mum force fed her a cup of the stuff when she stole a spoon when she was a bage
Grew up with margarine

But man, I fucking love butter now

its not more popular as in more people demand it.
it's more widely used because it's far cheaper than real maple syrup. especially in fucked up places like the usa.

in canada, it seems like most people use real maple syrup.

i grew up in los angesleaze and we ate fake maple syrup and margarine because my mom is a dumbfuck who still doesn't know the ingredients of country crock.

being lower class arguably sucks because you eat this terrible garbage food just to "feel full".

that's white trash shit, my mom always bought good butter growing up, my white trash friends had webers bread and margarine...stupid poor pieces of garbage.

i left out the fact that poor people shouldn't have kids. poor people, inferior people, should not fucking reproduce. if you're reading this, and you're a poorfag, do not have offspring. you are just going to bring more pain and stress into the world. we don't need more fucking useless consumers and cunts who expect to be rich and famous simply by being alive. it doesn't matter what race you are, if you are poor, do not breed. money is a pointsystem that is simply in place to show how much value you produce. if you produce low value, you will have low amounts of money, so just focus on supporting yourself instead of making babies with some dumb cunt who can't tell the difference between real butter and margarine.

that being said, we also live in a highly niggerized and jewed society, so even dumbfucks like OPRAH WINFREY can become a billionaire. simply by being a talkshow host. so therefore, money in fiat currency terms has such a diluted value now, that it is near-meaningless. any nigger can go from high school to college ball to nigFL and make millions because he's an entertainer and because the jews and advertising firms are willing to pay for this spectacle. therefore, even having lots of money doesn't entail that you're a high-quality person who produced high value goods and services. some dumbfuck youtuber or camwhore can now make $100,000 a year. so cash is becoming meaningless, that's why there's such an explosion in cryptocurrency prices. there's so much funny-money floating around, it had to go somewhere to generate even more investment returns.

so the whole "we need to make more money" scam is so that we can afford simple shit that nature has always given to us, like real maple syrup and real wasabi roots. but since the environment is so degraded and since there are so many fucking people now, there is scarcity for REAL goods, thus the higher prices for such things.

i would add that most poor people have not even tasted REAL cheese before, and that fake cheese is eaten far more than the real stuff. the same goes for many types of beef and chicken. real meat is the fresh meat you get from the wild, not this heavily manufactured mass-farmed meat.

the most affordable "real" and "wild" food you can get now is SARDINES.

Pic related. It made me believe that this is what real whipped cream tasted like in desserts which is why I said I didn't like up until a few years ago.

Also thought that this was real butter growing up.

When was the last time you or someone you know had real freshly squeezed OJ?

>we would eat our breakfast cereal out of old margarine containers.

right in the feels

My grandma would turn used freezer ziploc bags inside out and scrub them in the sink (after having leftovers like soup or cooked meat in them) before letting them air-dry to reuse later.

I guess growing up during the Depression and having commodities rationed for the war really changed people.

I do this and i'm not poor, it's just efficient not ghetto

>not ghetto
But that's wrong, you sad nigger.

Funny thing is that I was the poor kid, but my mom refused to buy fake shit. That includes foods and drinks made with artificial colors and flavors. I didn't get to drink my first Mtn Dew until I was nearly a teenager.

unless you consider Cassia to be "real" cinnamon.

"Pancake syrup" is obscene. Maple syrup is worth the price.

canada here. we use corn syrup like everyone else but every family has a bottle of the real stuff for occasions (easter, christmas, birthdays etc.)

I do this too. It’s not ghetto. It’s conscientious consumption of unnecessary consumables. Do what you will I do t care, but If you have a problem with this you are a tool. Anyone else getting sleepy?

>me
Oh and this
>