Worst food-related accident. Go

Worst food-related accident. Go.

This happened today to one of my greenhorn amigos

>those fingernails
of course it was a woman

Trying to cut bacon bits with a bread knife lol.

Knife fell off a magnetic rack and impaled my hand.

Went to the hospital to make sure there was no tendon damage or anything. Indirect employer insisted on a drug test (I was clean but he can suck 50 cocks).

Before the stitches

> Peeling potatoes
> Slip
> Peel fingertip, taking off a significant chunk of skin and fingernail
> Blood flows freely, but I manage not to end up with bloody potatoes

Non-prep-related
> Bend down to get lettuce in the store
> Nudged over by someone
> They keep edging over, forcing me to keep going
> Straighten up
> Smack head into hanging scale
> Idiot who caused it pays no attention, walks off
> Nobody seems to care about the fact that I just concussesd myself.

>flip whole chicken in crock pot over
>boiling greasy broth splatters on my hand

Felt bad man

>drunk af making rice and beans
>gf watching, drinking
>slice thumb wide open when i was moving things from blade to pan
>blood pours out
>add all my blood to the rice

tasted pretty good

sliced my finger down to bone when opening a can of tomatoes

>Making pork chops and fennel
>Recipe calls for starting out in skillet, then transferring skillet to oven.
>Do so, take skillet out of oven and put down on counter
>Do something else, then forget skillet is still hot from being in the oven, pick it up barehanded
>Singe hand, drop skillet, which falls onto my bare legs with the hot pork chop and juices (I was wearing shorts).

At least my burned legs didn't seem so bad in comparison to the 3rd degree burns I had on my hand.

>no air conditioning in hot kitchen midsummer
>upwards of 45C and 100% humidity in the dish pit
>plead with restaurant owner to allow me to wear shorts
>icing my jugulars and carotids every 20 mins to avoid heatstroke
>washing dishes in the dual sink
>restaurant owner "misses" the sink
>pours a skillet full of boiling sauce directly on my bare fucking leg
>get blamed for wearing shorts
I swear he did it on purpose. Fucking guy fired me over a cup of barbecue sauce after I cleared it with the line manager. He was the kind of owner who watched you on camera while you were solo closing instead of helping you. What a tyrant. Glad he went out of business.

The worst food-related accident I saw in person as at the meat shop I worked at years ago. Someone dropped his cimeter blade and tried to catch it while he was turning (a rookie mistake. We're always warned to never reach for a fallen blade or to attempt to catch them)- he caught the knife, but bumped into the table beside him; thus running probably a third of the blade into his stomach after which he weakly stated "hah, I caught it" through a half wheeze of air. He had to get emergency treatment and was sent to the hospital. He made a full recovery, but started wearing a metal vest after that.

No pictures, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like.

My family never really owned sharp chef knifes - just cheap serrated ones but I'd never cut myself. When I went to college I bought myself a sharp kitchen knife (because "a dull knife is always more dangerous" right?) Washing the dishes one day I noticed something on my hand and for some reason I thought it was the skin from a peeled dark grape - then the pain came. I'd cut a gash open in my hand.

Only a WOMANLY FAGGOT would go the hospital for that BULLSHIT. REAL MEN just pull the knife out and don't whine.

Those nails would indicate that the patient is not male.
My dilemma is how to keep the space under the sink clean when the doors are zip tied shut.

I know. It's a joke about the last time there was a thread with this picture as OP. Some guy sperged out about how only a big pussy would go to the hospital instead of pulling the knife out and possibly ruining all the tendons in their hand.

Cutting a lemon with an unorthodox knife, and it just shaved through my thumb like butter.

>Working at Mexican restaurant
>Frying chips during a massive lunch rush, going faster than I probably should be to keep up
>Push fryer basket and 375 degree oil splatters all over the right side of my face and into my right eye
>Feel plastic melting and my vision going
>Rip off glove and melting contact lens out of my eye

My manager told me that if I had been a couple seconds slower I probably would have gone at least partially blind

This is a Safe For Work yotsuba B board. Some people will find these gore pictures and stories highly triggering. Please be respectful and keep the gore on /b/ where it belongs.

faggot

>replying to obvious shitposting

>Second prep making mashed taters in the steam cooker for the first time
> Lift lid and hand gets smacked with a second degree burn - nearly instant blister

>Wrap up my shift, go home and get drunk and ice my hand while my gf bitches about me bailing on dinner plans.

fell asleep whilst drunkenly boiling some water, apparently dunked some Spaghetti in there...triggered a fire-alarm after all the water was evaporated,I slept through it.... was fucking fun being woken up by firefighters, one of my finer moments

I did that once, didnt burn anything, but I didnt completely ruin a very nice copper pot.

>he weakly stated "hah, I caught it" through a half wheeze of air.

What was it like working with Chuck Norris aside from the knife mishap?

>hit the avocado with enough force to stab through both the seed and the hand
>avocado flesh is completely clean and undisturbed

I'll take fake shit for 1000$ Alex

mine is just of the cheap ass 'your first pans and pots' set variety, but i kept it and still cook with it, the patina that's engraved at the bottom servers as a reminder of sorts

>work at kfc
>one coworker is some high school faggot stoner that dicks around all shift
>comes in the evenings smelling like weed bruh XD
>wearing fucking toms on this evening
>roastie on assembly got fucking butter on the floor
>fryboy slips and goes arm first into fryalator
>screaming like a tom and jerry sound fx
>manager afk
>tell shelly to call 911
>first aid license so tending to his dumb ass
>hes KOd from pain
>drive thru customers still screaming for muh chiken
>amberlamps shows up
>manager alerted by shelly before hand
>his fat ass shows up and starts yelling for whats going on
>goes off on us for incoming lawsuit
>tell him it's entirely stoner kids fault
>assistant manager and floor leader fired because they didnt show up since it was day after prom (only adult employee was manager)
>promoted to assistant manager and strong arm that shit
>quit after working by self 2 days in a row

Oxalic acid, aka Bar Keeper's Friend will take it off. Make a paste and let it sit on the stain for a minute or two, scrub it off, keep doing it until the stain is gone.
Part of why I love my old stainless Revereware I get from thrift stores, it's almost impossible to completely fuck it up.

interesting, and thanks man

Eww fuck, you know, I've seen a lot of fucked up stuff here, but shit involving fingernails fucks me up

when you say by yourself do you mean you were literally the only person in the store? Fuck i woulda just called the regional manager and said boss noone here no work

>show up to friend's house drunk
>he asks me to check something in the oven
>it's a pan so i grab it to get a better look

Your hands seem a little dirty. Have you tried using lava soap? Whenever I've got grease rubbed into my skin, it takes it right out. Or Try that orange pumice soap.

Heal up fast friend!

A co-worker stabbed me in the eye and a different go-worker bumped into me when I was carrying a big tray of sauces out of the cooler causing it to slip from my hands and slam into my finger -- the impact sliced through to the bone.
Different times but both at the same place.

If you look at it, the knife missed the seed.

Serrano pepper penis :(

yeehaw I got a good one

I was cutting a massive block of cheese in to pieces to put it through the grater, like a 4kg block.
For some fuckin reason, this time I wasn't using a towel in my other hand as I pushed down on the knife. SLIPPED, and the point of the knife cut me deeply about 3cm long in the palm of my hand.
Took one look at it and told my manager I had to get to the ER, which was a fuckin journey in of itself, with misplaced ubers and complications BUT I GOT THERE. Had started to get quite worried on the way because I couldn't bend my thumb. Turns out I'd severed the fucking tendon.
Anyway that got me an operation and six weeks off work. Story doesn't end there though, a month or so later the fixed tendon ended up rupturing so I was back at the hospital, and this time they needed extra tendon to graft on because it had been a while, or something, I forget.
Like 14% or something of people DON'T have extra tendon in their wrists, I was one of those 14%, so they had to take the tendon from one of my feet. For some reason they took it from the foot that was on the same side of the body as the injured hand, so I wasn't even able to use a cane or a walking stick, I was stuck in a wheelchair for bloody another 6 weeks. Ended up getting fired from that job when I refused to change my surgery date so the other chef could take his scheduled holiday (wtf you cunts for real?) so I ended up taking about 5 months off in total. Sadly I'd only been getting paid half legit, so the work cover only paid me half my wage the whole time. Good times, I'm still trying to recover from the financial shitfuck that put me in, 2 years later.

I wish I still had pictures of the awesome butcher work they did on me but I think I lost em all when I transitioned from male to female, ahehehah na when I transitioned from iphone to android. OUT

Yep. Manager would always sleep in or just not show up. It was a two sided deal since we could do the same. There were times when he was the key holder and never showed so we were closed for the day

Oops

This thread is like ye olde papercut threads.
I can feel where I got stabbed when you remind me like this.

Mandoline accident on nye

Was the stabbing intentional? Did you lose your eye?

Not so much cooking, but I was washing dishes, and when I was washing a glass it just shattered in my hand and cut me up. Not sure if it just hit the sink a little hard when it was put in, or if it was a cold to hot kinda thing.

Also was prepping cheese for the restaurant I used to work at, fell asleep, when I snapped back up I noticed drool fall out of my mouth into the bowl of cheese. I didn't throw away the cheese.

>be linecook
>random bits of burned crap floating around the fryalotor.
>take rag to wipe it up
>fatiged and overcaffinated ass slips and sticks entire hand in fryer.
Probably for like 1/4th of a second, it hurt like hell, but miraculously I wasnt seriously burned. I had pretty strong "kitchen hands" at that point.

>Be me
>One day i woke up 6am to get ready to work
>Decide to make me some coffe
>I take the thermal bottle to prepare said coffe but i notice that there is water inside
>Whatever, gona ad this water anyway
>Boil the water and ad in the cloth filter that i have (that paper filter is gabbor, you guys know right?)
>I felt a strange smell in the air but i didn't care so much at the moment
>I put that delicious coffe in my favorite mug and take a huge sip
>My throat is fucking burning and i spit that fucking thing all over the kitchen
>Start cough a lot and my stomach is very strange
>Rush to bathrom and puke for 2 minutes
>Felling very sick
>The only thing i can feel is pain
>My room mate found me in the bathrom crying and holding my belly
>FUCKING HELP ME FAGGOT
>He take me to the hospital
>Doctor take care of me and he brings some news about the coffe that i just have in the morning
>That water in the thermal bottle was Bleach. >My room mate said that he ad the bleach because that helps in the process of cleaning (or that fucker was planing to kill me)

I just drank bleach and survive to share this story with you all.

I've got a lot of superficial cuts on my hands from playing danger cook with my roommate but nothing too bad.
Worst thing was burning my foot dropping a roasting pot with a bunch of braised lamb. Was actually looking forward to the lamb though, smelled really good.

My father flipping big piece of bacon (around 3kg) on pan full of boiling lard. Bacon slipped and splashed a lot of that hot fat on his chest. Luckily it was only first degree burns, but on big area. But he suffered quite a lot, it was hot summer, and he barely slept for week or so. However he had excuse to drink beer, because of that pain, my mother had pity on him, so no nagging.

time to get new roomates

>Not washing out or even checking what a mystery liquid in your thermos is
90 percent his own fault.

>camping with friends
>making cobbler in a Dutch oven
>we're around the fire and I'm kinda tired
>get up to take a piss
>put side of hand down on oven to pick myself up
>second degree burns down entire hand
>still finish camping trip
>best fuckin cobbler I ever had

>making fudge
>Accidentally flip thermometer when checking boiling fudge
>Big glob of hot fudge hits hand
>Horrific pain
>Run to sink to get it off
>Won't come off, have to peel it while it is burning
>Takes layer of skin with it
>Rest of fudge burns in the background

Good retard thread.

You know, i have this strange custom of filling the termal bottle with cold water before sleep so i can make the bottle more clean. In the next day i use the same water to prepare the coffe, the water has a tea kind of color and i believe that tastes better.

Uma delícia?

It wasn't intentional, no. My coworker was holding a chef's knife outward at his hip and I was grabbing something from the bottom shelf of a refrigerator. He turned around with it and it stabbed my eye.
Doctors said I'll lose some vision but I won't completely lose sight in it, so there's that.

was working at a grocery store, got a deli sandwich for lunch and went into the back deli room to eat and bullshit with people like usual. Sandwich wasn't cut in half so took a watermelon knife to cut it. got some mustard on it so wiped it with my apron and ended up slicing the pad halfway off my thumb.

"Avo cant though"hur

I was cooking some burgers in a frying pan and I slapped one on there hard enough for some of the lard from the last patty I Cooke splattered into my arm. Sorry for the potato quality I'm on an iPad

Holy fuck, I've gotten 375F fryer grease and not reacted like that. Did you rinse it off with cool (not cold) water?

Nope just flinched and kept cooking shitty burgers

Opening one of these cunts when I was a kid,, the key thing snapped off when it was nearly open so I grabbed the metal strip that I'd peeled off and tried to yank it, sliced three of my fingers open.
Used to chase around shrieking girls with my wounds in school, haha I was a loser

>Just finished frying tostadas
>Put the pot next to the sink so i can use the same burner
>Ex comes in and says he's gonna do dishes
>Hear the sink running and turn to see him tipping the pot towards the water
>Oil splatters everywhere and in a panic, he throws the pot in my direction and splashes oil on my left arm, feet, and face
>As I'm screaming in agony about my skin, he yells at me that he didn't know it was gonna do that and I should've warned him

Luckily I was wearing glasses so oil didn't get in my eye. Had plenty of blisters everywhere but I healed perfectly fine except for a dime sized scar on my arm.

Just dumb shit mostly

>making cabbage stew while drunk
>want to smell stew to see if it needs anything
>crack lid open and shove my nose in for a sniff
>steam burn my upper lip and nose

Probably Leidenfrost effect

Shit, I've been there.

ur a kooky cat

Ive never had any serious injuries but the amount of motherfucking times I hit my arms on the heating element of my oven is insane. I somehow just keep doing it, atleast 5 times a year. Youd think Id learn but somehow I just dont.

Worst thing I ever had was spilling pizza sauce that had just been boiling hot onto my thumb as I tried to ladel it into a jar. I couldnt let go of the jar cause I had it in the air and didnt want to smash the glass. So I had to let the hot as fuck pizza sauce rest on my thumb for a good 30sec while I put everything down and then put it under water. Had a 2nd degree burn along the entire side of the thumb which was a huge bitch. I cut it open and cleaned it after a week though and it healed perfectly fine.

Lost all common sense and decided to check if there was a hole in the blender with my fingers. There was indeed a hole. At least I didn't hurt my nerves or tendons.

point still stands if you omit the seed from my comment

>Be me
>work at freezing works in New Zealand.
>rail boning big fat old ewes that have been deep chilled for 2 days and by fat I mean 5cm hard fat.
>start of shift so your body is still cold and everybody is going as hard as they can to get warmed up and those carcasses are worth a bit on your tally rate.
>Mare sure my knives are sharp AF to make the job easier.
> Mark down the spine and start at the neck and work down to the rib cage and on the last true rib I hit the breast bone, angle my knife slightly and i comes lose.
>HMMM that didn`t seem right, look down rip in my pants ok maybe i hit my chainlink.
>pull work pants down a bit OOH fuck .JPEG rip in jeans just under my chainlink.
> walk to office tell supervisor i have to go to the first aid station he ask why i show him my now blood stained jeans.
>Down 4 flights of stairs to the first aid to get drug tested and 5 stitches and a nice tetanus shot, the knife went in about 12 cm/ 5" .
>Be back at work the next day LoL

hit the nut with the flat of the blade and twist

It's really easy these days to tell who came here naturally and who's from certain related surges of traffic at certain points during the 2010s.

>Flat of the blade
u wot m8

How do you stitch a fingernail?

Idiot hit the seed with the knife trying to cut it and the kbife slid off and through the avocado. Its doubly retarded because you can clean an avocado with a butter knife

Leidenfrost bro.

How much fucking bleach was it? Because bleach goes inert when you water it down.

Retard.

i did the saame thing a month ago doing parsley. i didn't get stiches though because im not a pussy

I deep-fried my hand for a split second at work once. I’m usually not wet brained enough to dip my hand in a fryer so it was actually way more terrifying than the times i’d Lost fingernails slicing green onions or nearly poked off a digit deboning half shell redfish in a freezer. Only my thumb and palm got crispy

did u nibble the skin?

>Kentucky Fried Coon

>frying tostadas
Tostadas are already fried though it's like saying you're going to toast toast

>

I think he means the flat part of the edge, as opposed to the tip of the blade.

My dad lost a finger in a meat grinder.

ALL
TOASTERS
TOAST
TOAST

>Burn myself getting something out of the oven
>Smell of lightly cooked human flesh permeates through the kitchen

The only time i ever cut myself was with a butter knife

be dumb and never owned a microwave untill adulthood
try to boil rice for 10 min in microwave
try to take out with bare hands
burn hands
drop bowl on crotch
3rd degree burns on legs
but somehow Dick is fine
can't show anyone cos of cuts from self harm all over legs

I'm less stupid
don't own a microwave
don't self harm as much

>still forget to green text

Theres literally a tit in the picture, dont need the fingernails.

one of the more recent burns I got was when I used a tea towel as a pot holder. The Towel was wet and I grabbed a cast iron pan that was in the oven at around 400F. Got steam burns on my dominant hand. Good times.

Spaghetti

I drank watered down bleach as a kid and I assure you it still burnt my throat.

> Woman
> Boyfriend
> Throwing pot
What a stupid pair of people. Gtfo my board.

You don't.

Thats called the heel