I made beef jerky and trimmed this off of about 16lbs of rump roast

i made beef jerky and trimmed this off of about 16lbs of rump roast

what can i do with it?

grind it or use it in stock

eat it

looks like a lot of inedible cartilage and gristle.

could be used to make some sauce or broth.if you skim the fat.

dice it up to small pieces then make a pizza out of it

>grind it
fuck that's brilliant
are manual grinders shit?

Monitoring,.

I don't know but there must be a way to sererate the fat from the meat and then keep the fat to use as cooking oil. Instead of buying cooking oil.

Cure it. Or make spam.

>inedible

kek

Manual grinders are fine so long as you're okay with clearing the plate a couple times during grinding. You can't burn out a motor either, as it will only grind as hard as you can crank a thick aluminum or iron handle.

It still seems like very little meat and should be used for broth.

you can get electric ones for around $60. I used to have a cheaper manual one a few years ago but the stem broke because I was a retard and boiled it to clean it

grinders are great to have regardless

You coursely chop the fat and render it over low heat. Once crisp remove and season the cracklins and use as a garnish for soups and salads. The fat can now be used as you would any other cooking fat...particularly useful in beef stew and chili con carne.

Fry it down and extract the fats then boil whatever is leftover into a stock. Dehydrate whatever is left from that and grind it into a spice.

>Dehydrate whatever is left from that and grind it into a spice.
can you elaborate?

Well from the picture in OP I'm guessing the fat is still a little stuck to pieces of of the roast. Trim the fat off as much as you possibly can and get something out of the fat until it's a solid form.
Then take the pieces of beef that were trimmed off and make a stock with them.
Strain
Dehydrate and make a spice or bouillon cube or something. Idk. Just tossing ideas

make sausage

how poor are you, man

Interesting. I would think that after making stock the leftover beef wouldn't have much flavor left. Then again, boullion is mostly salt, so maybe after some heavy seasoning it could work. Interesting thought either way.

Poverty isn't the issue. I just don't subscribe to your disposable lifestyle.

>buy stuff
>dispose of stuff
>buy more stuff
>feed the capitalist machine

Not the guy you responded to, but my parents taught me to be frugal and thrifty. Nothing wrong with that.

Boil it and then refrigerate the stock. The fat will rise to the top and solidify.

It won't last you long. It'll go rancid quickly.

I'm all for using everything and not letting anything go to waste if possible, but rendered beef fat just isn't that great to cook with. Scraps are best used as part of a stock or for grinding, imo

Well I reckon the balance of flavors is matched by the main ingredients of the stock still being soaked in the broth itself; so could you not just season the broth before hand and then enhance the beef to-be-dehydrated.

not how it works unfortunately. meat used in stock is devoid of nutritional value and flavor after it's used.

Would definitely recommend the grinding route, I make really nice meat sauce out of beef trimmings when I used to work in a restaurant with our own butcher.

I would slow cook a huge batch and then let it cool down and the fat will solidify for easy removal.