As an american who just recently discovered the lovely deliciousness that is a stroopwafel...

As an american who just recently discovered the lovely deliciousness that is a stroopwafel, what are some other obscure european sweets? None of that kinder or toblerone give me something new

Other urls found in this thread:

meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
vimeo.com/21190241
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Find them in the British aisle.

>Stroopwafels
>obscure

Bossche bol, sometimes called chocoladebol ('chocolate ball') in its city of origin, is a pastry from the Dutch city of 's-Hertogenbosch (also called Den Bosch). It is effectively a large profiterole (cream puff), about 12 cm (5 in.) in diameter (i.e., somewhat larger than a tennis ball), filled with whipped cream and coated entirely or almost entirely with (usually dark) chocolate icing.

I believe it's stroopenwafel

>British aisle.
um, I don't think we have those

Visit your local British sweet shop, then.

This.
If you're American you can find them in any Home Goods or Marshalls. There's even chocolate covered ones.

Dutchie here, it's a stroopwafel. We also got stroopwafel ice and stroopwafel flan. But i hear outside of the netherlands stroopwafels are ussually overpriced.

They also sell stuff like Walkers Shortbread Biscuits

Saw a few of them at my local Walgreen's as well

>british aisle
lolwut

i have a british isle in my grocer in canada desu

I'm Canadian like and have a British aisle too. Well, it's half British, half Indian, and some stores just have a small area for British goods.

>Home Goods or Marshalls
Isnt marshalls a craft store?
These are usually sold in specialty stores that not everyones shops at. The only place around me that sells them is Ross. I never stepped foot in that Ross until i heard from Veeky Forums that Ross often carries Stroopwafel.

This one's better

If you're in the US, Meijer has a British section in their ethnic aisle.

The absolute best pastry that almost nobody(US) knows about are dutch poffertjes, served with butter and confectioners sugar nothing compares

>Meijer
You said US but i get the feeling you are referring to one or two cities in the US.
This is a big country.

They only operate in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.

you’re thinking of michael’s

marshall’s is the same as ross

>Marshalls a craft store?

Nah, it's a department store. TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods are pretty much the same store and are all owned by the same owner, except HomeGoods focuses more or furniture while Marshalls and TJ Maxx focus on clothing. All of them sell specialty/gourmet food though. Stuff like matcha powder, tumeric, stroopwafels, macarons, bonbons, etc.

They're a good place to buy a fancy chocolate gift for anyone.

Midwest.
meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp

>6/50
>the US

I may have been thinking of Michael's

Yeah that. But my point is still valid. Nobody shops at those stores.

Patrician taste

Slightly better pic, Flake is amazing and really needs better American distribution.
>Succumb to the Crumb
vimeo.com/21190241

FUCK

I came

COASTIES FOREVER BTFO!!!

Do Americans really not have Flakes?

Can confirm. I force my sister to buy then whenever she goes to the British store by her house

Candy from the British aisle is invariably stale as hell. Maybe if I have it shipped myself it would be fresher?
We do, but they're not popular. I think maybe people think it's a bad value apart from the aforementioned staleness issue, since it costs the same as other candy bars and weighs maybe half as much.

Where do you buy? What brand? I like these too but I've only eve seen them at Ross and eaten them on United flights.

Dollar General sells them in a two pack for a dollar.

>Home Goods or Marshalls
Theres your problem

Non existent

Fresh Market and Publix both have UK food sections.

fuck off

Try Starbucks and TJ Maxx, flyover-kun

>the British aisle
It entertains me that you think we would dedicate an entire aisle to your garbage...

>btfo
you were saying?

Yeah well in America, we don't still have the queen on our money

>implying there isn't an "american" aisle in your country as well

>british aisle
>british isles
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

There's like... three HomeGoods', and a Marshalls in my neighborhood.

>Lemon and orange flavo(u)rs available

Bruh I'm gonna hunt these down.

Not a single one in Seattle: also distinct lack of most fast food places...just to add

Because my coastal city doesn't just have a specialty store for every region of the world instead of having to go to the "ethnic" aisle at the supermarket.

Fairly Obscure. Not my story but
>coworker goes on trip with wife
>is on a train somewhere in euroland
>he's handed a stroopwaffle
>he opens it and puts in on top of his coffee
>train employee comments she's surprised an American knew to do that
Must be obscure since the only context she see's Americans is when they're visiting Europe and those are already much more worldly than the average American.

Bong here. These are just shit. 1 packet of perfume please.

classic dutch jew cooks

They’re in every Starbucks now too. Typical retarded yuropoor stewardess who doesn’t realize globalization exists.

yessss
gifflar!!!!!!!!!

I try to avoid areas that get to “ethnic”

>why do people make fun of meeee? this is worst than the holler caust! mommy mommy make the mean ethnics stop making fun of me

That's the aisle with bowler hats and the mustache wax?

I have the same problem here in england with the american sweets in the shops, when I order them off amazon myself they are always a lot fresher.

>mfw mummy makes pizzelle

Wait so are you calling him white or Jewish?

Krówki

Idk where youd find it but this stuff is delicious

British food and sweets are superior to your American rubbish

>that pic
Das rite, fuck whyte pipo

a stick of butter?

these are just Polvarinos

>chocolate covered ones
blasphemy

>Idk where youd find it
everywhere

Fellas

I live right next to where those revolting things are made.
And I can think of no worse flavour for anything than lavender. Seriously, lavender. The old lady smell, in food.
It's either a huge decades long troll, or someone in management there has inserted thier fetish for leaky ladies into the production.

Swizzels is fucking garbo tho. They use sugar that is just spilled on the floor and just scooped right back into the hoppers like some third world shanty factory, and thier boss (and his dickhead son) are massive jewlords who treat thier workers like disposable shit. Don't give them your money.

Guddam yes.
>are you a fat enough dude to eat a whole box?
You're fucking right I am!

>Walgreen
>Home Goods or Marshalls
>Starbucks and TJ Maxx

American here. Never heard of those places before (heard of Starbucks, but only in entertainment media and Veeky Forums). Also, & simply don't exist here either. It is as though America is a huge as fuck place with regional stores and regional foods.

>tfw trying to make pizzelle yesterday and forgetting to butter the upper heating element

The fucking thing is still stuck to the top. I ended up making thin pancakes instead.

More like fudge.

>look at me I've never heard of Walgreens or TJ Maxx aren't i special and unique?

Most tryhard commercial i've seen in ages. As bad as that one meme commercial.

You gotta get the freshly made stroopwafels at the Amsterdam market, shit's delicious