Holy Fuck Warhammer looks Badass as hell!

Is this image basically true? How come I never heard of this before?

Can someone give some examples of the Daemons and what they do if the shields fail? It sounds like something out of Event Horizon, maybe that is where they got the influence from.

Out of curiosity how do they manage to replace so many crew after a jump? Do they just not jump very often, likely only when they go into battle?

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Grey-Knights-Inquisitor-Karamazov
1d4chan.org/wiki/Lion_El'Jonson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weetabix
exhentai.org/g/722925/a0c310c12a/
exhentai.org/g/763259/ad56d42040/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repeating digits qualify this bait for the right to one(1) reply.

idk if this is the right board to ask this.

I might explode from the mental stress of reading so much pure Reddit "omg so metal" nonsense.

Nice holy dubs, space cowboy. You'll find a lot of WH40k talk over in Veeky Forums.

Yes, Warhammer is badass, and yes, daemons of the warp have claimed many Space Marines and twisted them into their slaves. There are also Orks and Tyranids and Tau etc to contend with. If you ever saw The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), the aesthetic is similar to that. The lore is vast, go read a wiki.

I don't understand. Isn't the 40k world based on books and stuff? That would be LIT right?

read 1d4chan if you want to be lore-bombed in a way that doesn't involve sifting through the literature

Glorious, if you wanna get cracking into this colloidal series the black library is probably the best place to start.

Keep 1d4chan and the general wikis on hand for detail refrencing.

Blood for blood god, skulls for the skull throne, and milk for the khorne flakes.

Please stop. It's not that we got anything against Warhammer itself, it's just a tabletop game, it's just that we have better books to read than black-library.

I admit to enjoying the game-itself, Warhammer in no way belongs to the world of literature. It shouldn't even be compared to rubbish like Harry Potter, so please keep you bait threads somewhere relevant like

It's le gritty edge shit for /pol/tards.

oh fuck I forgot to sage

dakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadakadaka

/b/tards

Veeky Forums's predisposition with warhammer comes from /b/'s war against the furries.

Know your history

/pol/ is the new /b/. Every idiot on /b/ went to /pol/, and redditors came too. /a/ is the only genuine board on this site.

Why are you doing this sir?

You wouldn't send someone that was asking about Lovecraft over to Veeky Forums would you just because they happened to make a game out of Cthulhu?

no its not, is garbage for neckbeards

Warhammer was a game first dumbie. Who cares if Incel nerds appropriate from stories or "literature" - if you can call Lovecraft that

So if I'm looking for information on Drizzt Do'Urden your telling me to to Veeky Forums as well since "D&D was a game first" or some other bullshit.

i read a couple of warhammer books, and none of them mentioned any of that cool shit. it was all dudes in power armor kneeling to each other and swearing fealty to the emperor. shit reminded me of a boy scouts' jamboree.

kek, I haven't read any warhammer books but that sounds too perfect. the author probably was a boy scout, and little else. i'm too sunk into d&d 3.5 to buy anything, but can read a 40k wiki for hours and hours.

Tell me about some of the daemons and what their hell worlds are like?

I FUCKING hate the way edgy garbage like this is written. First the author crams in some FUCKS in all caps and pens down some EDGY BULLSHIT THAT IS REMINISCENT OF GETTING YOUR BALLS SHOVED INTO YOUR ASS. Then you drop down your trousers and cream A HOT STEAMY LOAD OF FUCK YOU. Then...then it gets even more extreme. A hot chick comes out wrapped in bacon and SUCKS YOUR DICK while you DIE REAL HARD. Fuck yeah.

Welcome to hell.

If you can have discussions about harry potter or lord of the rings here, why can't you have discussions about motherfuckin 40k?
ahaha dude that's not official authorised 40k writing you know.
it's like pic related was written by the same guy lol

>If you can have discussions about harry potter or lord of the rings here, why can't you have discussions about motherfuckin 40k?
No?
Everyone always shit on both, no one wants to discuss those piles of steaming shit

tolkien is a hack. LoTR makes no sense, why didn't frodo just fly the eagles to mordor?!?!?!? and the fucking time turner in harry potter, why didn't Mcgonagall just go back in time and kill voldemort? fuck both of those series

HE DIDN"T BECAUSE THEY WERE EASILY CORRUPTABLE.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST CUNT
Why don't you read something you dumb idiot, it's literally stated in his works.
And yes harry potter is good, why the fuck do you have to be so pedantic? It's a book cunt not a fucking OH&S report.

>why didn't frodo just fly the eagles to mordor?!?!?!?

1) The eagles would've been seen when they tried to fly into Mordor, in fact much sooner than that by Sauron's spies in the air. There are lots of nasties Sauron could have thrown against them (such as winged Nazgul).

2) Like the other user said they are corruptible like everyone else (except Bombadil). Lest we forget, even Frodo couldn't destroy the ring - it corrupted him, and he's a hobbit, a people noted for their particular resistance to corruption.

3) Why would they even agree to do it? Tolkien's eagles are notoriously proud, arrogant and aloof. It would be a "not my problem" response. The eagles only ever help Gandalf because they owe him one, and Gandalf had to build up his friendship capital with the eagles for many decades before they saw him as a friend.

Get good, son.

yeah pretty much, it is much more relevant there since they talk about black library/expanded universes there too

>If you can have discussions about harry potter or lord of the rings here, why can't you have discussions about motherfuckin 40k?
We can't, those are bait threads and they are Veeky Forums's version of My Little Pony. They belong in the sci-fi the containment threads.

> Only reads non-fiction books

This belongs in Veeky Forums, but if you are serious, read WH books by Dan Abnett

40k is Veeky Forums, which is basically Veeky Forums's scifi & fantasy general except full of interesting people. You're better off going there.

Utter trash for losers.

I know you are but what am I?
Ok but that still doesn't get around the fact that 40k is still literally literature.
case closed, we don't deserve to be harassed.

Yes, but there is a sci-fi & fantasy thread. You still need to respect the board's academic culture, nobody is going to post Naruto fan-fiction on /a/. You are going to come off as bait, so we will treat you as bait.

Also, Warhammer is still predominantly a table-top wargame. Only half of it is "literature"

>playing just in time by nina simone from his PSP
fucking lmao

>nobody is going to post Naruto fan-fiction on /a/
Yes because it's actually BANNED.
>You still need to respect the board's academic culture
pft a hundred or so pseuds masturbating over books written by thousand year old dead men. Great.

>I know you are but what am I?
>NO U!
Like I said pure lowest common denominator. Note that I'm talking about the books. The game/setting is fun to dick around with. The books are not worth reading.

>DUDE ALMOST EVERYONE DIES
>INDIVIDUALITY DOESN'T MATTER LMAO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIE JUST BECAUSE LE EMPRAH WANTS IT
>ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY KNOW ONE KNOWS HOW IT WORKS HAHAHA ISN'T THAT JUST LIKE THE FOUNDATION BY ASIMOV?
>DUDE SPACE MARINES THAT NOW LOOK LIKE THOSE FROM STARCRAFT HAHA BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THE WORD SPACE MARINE WAS MADE BY WH

Fucking kill yourself you stupid manchild. Go play with your toys and shitpost emprah memes. You are the kind of numale nerd who will ruin this world.

Die in a car crash you stupid retard

milk for the weetabix

the warhammer books i read didn't mention that. i guess it's all shit!

it's really not "THAT" bad
read flight of the Eisenstein in it the warp traveling goes really bad and they were an active target of the chaos gods

>no one wants to discuss those piles of steaming shit
ah i understand that's why those threads die without anyone posting in them

>Also, Warhammer is still predominantly a table-top wargame. Only half of it is "literature"
and no one proposes to talk about the table top half.

It is much more a videogame franchise now

:(

>much more
not really there are like a handful of decent games, and even taking the bad ones there are not that many.
if you consider what they bring out the most of i'd say it is more of a book franchise than even a table top wargame

>WAAAH WAAAH SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE WAAH WAAH

fucking kekked and underrated

Wow, so cool. Do you think my Level 99 Dark Paladin could play? His parents were raped by soul demons and he wields a triple bladed sword made of hatred and anger. I think he'd fit right in, no problem.

>weetabix
>a
I think you mean weetbix, my friend.

>nobody is going to post Naruto fan-fiction on /a/.
There are weekly Boruto threads.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Grey-Knights-Inquisitor-Karamazov
1d4chan.org/wiki/Lion_El'Jonson (named after the poet)
The fluff itself can be pretty Veeky Forums though

That got shat on with a niche doujin hentai about a dog pulling a girls' womb out, and her love-life putting his dick in to stop her bleeding and to save her life

do you think that's extreme or something

umm no try again sweetie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weetabix

Let me paraphrase this for you:

The girl has a fisherman father. At that time she puts 1200 different fish in her vagina, giving her a massive FUCK YOU to her vagina. She has to be cured by MIRACLE FUCKING VAGINA HEALTH CARE, as a shrimp destroyers her vagina. She then proceeds to insert a KILLER FUCKING SHRIMP into her vagina. She then crams a coke up her vagaboo, while a passer-by RAPES HER WITH FUCKING MENTOS which squirts 99990000 TONS OF COKE PRESSURE INTO HER FUCKING VAGINA!

She is then once again healed by miracle health-care.

She then bumps into the degenerate who saved her from rape, while attempting to buy a phone, he is carrying A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON DILDO for "manga-club research". Then comes the dog-dildo scene, she puts her womb into A MOTHERFUCKING HOLE, and some kids will then initiate an attack on her womb thinking it's a FUCKING ALIEN. A stray dog then proceeds to bit into her womb, COMPLETELY DESTROYING IT! She bleeds 100000 tons of blood, EVERY ATTO-SECOND until her degenerate friend comes along. He then resorts to putting her dick into her BROKEN FUCKING WOMB in the processes "losing his virginity" as well as stopping the bleeding. They are then rescued by /POL/ NAZI-PARAMEDICS, which drive them to the hospital (not before calling "our hero" a "degenerate")

She is then saved and, and completely recovered, by "magical modern technology"

welcome to hell.

also: exhentai.org/g/722925/a0c310c12a/
exhentai.org/g/763259/ad56d42040/
it's called Chitsu Hakai-kei Joshi, if you don't have panda

still not extreme

They also hold hands

what the fuck

delicous

Fantasy > 40k

Prove me wrong

>we do it live now!!!!
Then he uses chilli/cumin/onion/peppers IN POWDER...

And as a pure sin on top of all that heresy, he uses dry basil leaves.

All of that is perfectly fine you pseud

Dry basil is dust. Basil's taste is 90% it's oil, and drying it, it takes all that away. If you want to use basil in your dishes get a pot and some dirt, and plant your own. That way you have fresh basil all year long. If not, just skip basil, and you're better of.

Kill yourself retarded nigger.

>oil evaporates
The only way oil could be lost, is if it is burnt. Sundrying prevents that. You don't dry your basil as soon as it starts to brown?

I am disgusted, and I am Australian.

>I am Australian

Hepcats, what would you say your favorite 40K novel is? Like which one gets the most accolades?

hey fucking rude

you're lucky we're not on /int/, cunt

Warhammer is a manchild's power fantasy. It's really bad. Even the "good stuff" is seriously garbage. It's comic book tier.

This is the edgiest thing ever

Yeah, that's kinda 40k's shtick.
The idea is you have fun with the edginess.

Daily reminder that the Tau are superior.

Hahaha. Vegemite fucking shits!!!

If we were on /int/ me and my wife's son (Portugal) would fucking end you!! Now shut the fuck up before I remind everyone about that episode with the emus.

do you have ugly teeth

>Finland's here

Don't try it Johannes.

Is it true that nobody really knows how the warp shields work?

What if they break? Who fixes them?

>How come I never heard of this before?
are you serious?

Just go to Veeky Forums, dude. They're all about this shit. They'll give you way more comprehensive answers than we will and it'll even be on topic.
Go on now.
Get gone.
Now.
Toodles.