Ask a guy who just had Kobe beef (in Kobe, Japan) anything

Ask a guy who just had Kobe beef (in Kobe, Japan) anything

Other urls found in this thread:

cid.nlbc.go.jp/english/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

how was it compared to a $20 ribeye from the supermarket?

What's your shoe size?

Japanese beef shits all over US beef, even when its not high end A5. Theres a reason Japanese beef is twice as expensive in Japanese grocery stores compared to the junk from the US and Australia.

Hows your mother?

How many times did you make a basketball shooting motion while yelling "Kobe?"

> Theres a reason Japanese beef is twice as expensive in Japanese grocery stores compared to the junk from the US and Australia.
... Importing supply and demand? I feel like this is going to be another sushi-tier thread where weabs ultimately defend something they know nothing about because 'muh culture muh atmsophere'

Real question; did you even see the steak before it was cooked? The original kobe beef is long since gone and the current stuff was only 'allowed to be exported in 2012' because it was no longer even close to the original quality.

Wake up and smell the cowpie user. Hope you had a good meal though.

Done the same. Fatty as fuck, isn't it?

Is it really as soft as butter as they say it is?

Coats your mouth like eating butter.

Do they give you the ID number in Japan?

I ate it here in Burgerville, but I didn't get too cucked on the price since my fiancee had a 50% off discount at the restaurant, costing me about $65 for it.

hey my friend plays sax in that band

I live in Japan and regularly shop at the grocery store. The US beef looks totally different from the Japanese beef. I'm not OP.

Very much

I've had wagyu for $20 or less that BTFO any supermarket beef.

She's doing well hopefully, she called me because she thought she got a virus on computer but it was just a malware ad

I did not, but I had this in Kobe so it wasn't imported

Yes, it was. But I love fatty beef

In every other steak I've had, the first bite is all the flavor, marbling, and spices and the other bites are the texture and taste of the meat itself. With the Kobe, each bite was exactly like the first, burst of flavor with every single chew. The texture WAS like soft butter, like an incredibly rich, soft, butter made of steak. It tasted like that last piece of steak fat left over, except it doesn't immediately liquefy when you chew it, it really did feel like it was melting.

No, I don't even know if that's standard practice. But from what I've read you can't get *authentic* Kobe beef in the US because we don't have any regulation of the term. But since you had Wagyu I trust it was excellent?

>But I love fatty beef
So do I, but that's a pretty extreme example. After the second time didn't feel the need to do it again. Fucking great, though.

Uhhhh yes walmart meat looks different. Because its fucked up.
>tell you real kobe beef hasn't been a thing for decades and they began exporting it in 2010 because it wasn't authentic and special anymore
>'I did not, but I had this in Kobe so it wasn't imported'
You're such a fuck-up.

>No, I don't even know if that's standard practice. But from what I've read you can't get *authentic* Kobe beef in the US because we don't have any regulation of the term. But since you had Wagyu I trust it was excellent?
To my knowledge, it's standard practice for any overseas sale. I would imagine that it wouldn't be for Japan, considering it can be bought in grocery stores. They do export "authentic" kobe to the US though, granted the sale is very limited. Certain distributors that receive it can then sell it to restaurants in the area. The code I showed on that certificate is authentic in that you can input it on Japan's NLBC to get the specifics on everything involving the cattle.

cid.nlbc.go.jp/english/

So yes, it was authentic wagyu. As an unpopular opinion, I honestly don't like fatty meats, and prefer more lean cuts. I ordered it for my fiancee who loves fatty cuts, but I got elk instead. She nearly orgasmed with every bite.

I don't know the intricacies of Kobe beef legislation or whatever, but is this just sour grapes? Have YOU had pre-2012 Kobe beef so you can have personal experience to back up your claim? Or just because now I've gotten some bastardized version, you're the superior one for never being tricked in the first place? For all intents and purposes, I had it in a more authentic setting and rendition than most of the general population could, and it was certainly an experience

What the hell are you talking about. Im making a direct comparison with ~1000円 barely marbled aussie/US beef and the well marbled atleast 2000円 Japanese steaks that are literally next to each other in the grocery store

>now you're the superior one?
Posting anonymously on Veeky Forums and you think this is about superiority? I'm giving you information that you do not like and I'm sorry that you feel that way.
>Shitty cheap imported steaks are worse than expensive fresh local steaks
Wow professor!

So how was the pre-2012 beef? Surely you've had it that you felt it was important to even know, and then divulge, this info in the first place. And I'm sure you have a lot to say about sashimi too, to justify never needing to go to Japan

>hey anons I just had this extremely rare thing that hasn't been produced in more than 30 years!
>'no you didnt'
>LMAO I THINK I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT I LIVE IN JAPAN
Baka~ Like no one else has ever gone to japan or left their home town for that matter. Jackass.

So, did you?

You're the type of person that thinks paying sticker-price at a dealership is getting a deal, arent you? I've got some ocean property for sale if you're interested; real cheap.

I've been to japan and found that their stuff is no more special than anywhere else. And the fact that you dont understand why fresh local would be better than foreign preserved and imported is frankly depressing.

>wow user aren't the stars soooo beautiful?
>actually, m'lady, what you're seeing are likely the light of stars that died a long time ago, seeing as the average lifespan of a star is a few million years, while these are all hundreds of millions of light-years away. So you're not looking at stars. *tip*
So who's the bigger jackass here?

Just can't deal with the fact that someone corrected you, can you?

How dem anime tiddies?

>his social functioning is so subpar he doesn't understand why no one likes party poopers
There's situations where it's appreciated and even helpful, but this isn't one of them. What's your endgoal in "correcting" someone's Japan experience on an anonymous Afghani goatherding collective? Am I to be grateful? Wow user, thanks for saving me from future scams! Now I know Kobe beef is just a meme!

What makes you think I came to the thread to be liked. I came here to tell you real kobe beef isn't a thing anymore. Instead of going 'oh wow well imagine how good the original was?' you got angry.
Save your sarcasm for some ID'd posting forum.

Sorry I ruined your AMA, try reddit next time.

Well you can enlighten me on how the original tasted

200% mad.

I'm not, now I really want to know what the original tasted like, since I missed out. Please tell me

You're so set on this. I've told you multiple times now that the last real kobe stopped being a thing 30-40 years ago. And what would a description even do for you? 'its tasty and savory and melts in your mouth like flan butter'? What would a description even do for you.

Stay triggered all you want; I'm sorry that I made you this angry about what you were fed.

If you're such an ardent supporter of the idea that all Kobe beef is fake, then surely it's because you've had the real thing. Otherwise you're just parroting what anyone could've read and taking a holier-than-thou position for no other reason than to be pedantic

Sigh. The popularity of it is literally what caused it to stop being a thing.
>holier than thou position
Please see this entire thread and realize how asinine you're being.

>hey guys I had this thing, ask me anything
>haha sorry kid you actually didn't
>oh, so you had the real thing?
>uh, no actually
>so then why do you care
>200% mad

I'd argue that out of a total percent of the people who have actually had the authentic kobe beef from the 60-70s probably about 90% are dead. I don't know why you ask impossible things.
Again, not sure why you assumed people would come to this thread to ask you actual questions. What would you possibly be able to answer? You didn't butcher it, cook it or even inspect it in any way.

If this is the way you have understood our interaction here I will assume you are drunk.

the only thing anyone asked was if it was really as buttery as it looked not really a good thread let alone ama lmao

Was it wagyu or authentic kobe? So many stores advertise it like that to lure tourists, though the wagyu is still really good, just not that perfect A5.

Azorean beef > Argentinian beef > Japanese weeb beef

You had it in one of hentai maid restaurants straight from tiny chest of naked Japanese maid?

You still believe that it was real kobe steak, not some crap glued together with Transglutaminase? Import of Kobe steaks to usa is enough supply for about 5 restaurants, rest is selling you overpriced glued crap.

is the riemann hypothesis true?

Uhhh the imported kobe cattle wasn't butchered; it was used for breeding.

I thought it was overrated but still good. Too fatty to eat a lot of it, would rather have a less marbled dry aged ribeye or picanha.
depending on what you're buying it's not twice as much. pic related kuroge wagyu was $22 for 12oz in a market in osaka and it was higher quality than then rest of the beef they we're selling. That's about what I pay for dry aged prime grade ribeye from a butcher in the US. and it's much less for prime grade beef at costco in the US but lesser quality. If you want american grown wagyu it is much more, partially due to the meme tax.
kobe IS wagyu from kobe, japan