Shovels food into mouth from bowl not two inches from his face

>shovels food into mouth from bowl not two inches from his face

Have some dignity and just use a fork and knife like any civilized person. There is ZERO benefit to using chopsticks.

Other urls found in this thread:

sushifaq.com/basic-sushi-experience-information/how-to-eat-sushi-sushi-etiquette/
japantoday.com/category/features/food/hands-or-chopsticks-4-tips-for-eating-sushi
latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-tokyo-sushi-chef-proper-way-eat-sushi-20140828-story.html
google.com/search?q=寿司を食べる
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/jun/24/blog-posting/social-media-post-says-uk-has-far-higher-violent-c/
nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime
news.gallup.com/poll/21346/crime-rate-lower-united-states-canada-than-britain.aspx
leitesculinaria.com/1157/writings-origins-fork.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chopsticks are versatile and more precise than forks.

>shoveling food into your face
As if people don’t do this with a fork anyway.

Quit being an ass.

fpbp

Also one of the things I like about chopsticks is the ability to taste each component of a meal separately rather than in a mishmash of flavors. I like to eat my salad with a fork and my poke bowl with chopsticks. Some things are meant to be experienced together and others side by side. Thanksgiving dinner with a fork: Bibimbap with chopsticks.

To be fair something like thin slices of meat are perfect for chopsticks. They force you to eat slower and with smaller bites

Never want to eat noodles with a fork again in my life desu senpai fight me

chopsticks are infinitely better for anything you don't already have to slice yourself; doubly so if it's covered with sauce like pretty much anything you'll get at an american-chinese place

Chopsticks are the manual transmission of the culinary world, and I fucking love it.

>being this salty that he can't use chopsticks

eloquent

>accidentally bite chopsticks
feels fine

>accidentally bike fork
out of work for a week

obvious which is better

t. can only use chopsticks with food in front of his face

Yeah, you're a trailer park no one from Wisconsin, we get it. Stop posting like you're not a mistake of breeding.

user how fucking often do you bike your fork

stop biking anything. Maybe you should find a cot.

You watch too much anime faggot.

Poor white people doing anything are like trying to watch poor white people dance. They look physically and mentally challenged. Stop asking white people about anything important because they disgrace themselves on a daily basis.

>As if people don’t do this with a fork anyway.

he has a point.

I use both depending on my mood. But one thing I really like about my chopsticks is the feel of the wood on my teeth when they occasionally bump each other. It is so much nicer than when you're a little tipsy and bite down on a metal fork. It's like the dental version of nails on a chalkboard.

I used to have a high quality wood spoon and fork 4-person serving set which (funny enough) burned up in a house fire. Sigh.

i look like a retard when i cook tempura with a spoon

How often do you cook tempura?....
I do not understand all these people saying chopsticks are more precise or biting down on metal hurts. Literally what the fuck are you talking about.

>biting down on metal hurts
fuck i eat the food not the silverware, i must be crazy
i rarely cook tempura, i just like seeing skilled people cooking stuff with chopsticks

>fuck i eat the food not the silverware, i must be crazy
That is exactly what I was saying user. I don't think in my life I have ever bitten down on silverware. Bouncing a glass off my teeth while drunk walking down stairs? Yes.
But for some people in this thread it's sounding like a major problem.

I eat sushi with my hands

>Veeky Forums
>fine motor skills

I don't believe you guys when you say you know how to use weebsticks if you cant even eat with a fork without hurting yourself

THIS.

I only use chopsticks to stimulate clits and nipples.

Bibimbap is normally eaten with a spoon

after eating mostly with chopsticks for the past year, I will say it is better and easier to eat once you get used to it. things fall off of forks all the time but chopsticks are way more precise. it's like an extension of your fingers

>things fall off forks that physically stick into things
>nothing ever falls off chopsticks that things rest on/ are pinched between
This seems completely reversed.
I don't understand how a fork isn't an extension of your fingers but chopsticks are.

>Have some dignity and just use a fork and knife like any civilized person

Sorry we can't be all dignified like your 'mericans.

>sits in the table next to you
slrp slrp smack smack slrp slrp
>leave restaurant without tipping.

>Sorry we can't be all dignified like your 'mericans.

> dignified
> americans

>how you think you look when eating with chopsticks
le fancy classy cultured chad
>how you really look
retarded unpractical weeaboo faggot

>literally getting spattered with juice and food bits
>obnoxious slurping and gulping because 'it means they like it and are showing appreciation'
>'chopsticks are precise and dexterous tools' he said while eating one ingredient at a time
weabs are the worst fucking thing in the world and to be honest japanese cuisine is so basic and lame ugh

Inb4 someone posts some exotic japanese dish that people eat once a year as a cherry picked example.

The irony of a euro saying others arent dignified while posting a racist greentext rant is entirely lost on you, isn't it?

>europe is so dignified and accepting and so much better than america
>goes on to make themselves out to be a mental midget
Nice.

Would love to watch you eat sushi with a fork faggot
Each has its own advantages.
Typical Veeky Forums buffoonery arguing apples against oranges

>pick up sushi with hand
>put in mouth
no fork needed.

>Would love to watch you eat sushi with a fork faggot
You're not suppose to use chopsticks when eating sushi, retard. Sushi is finger food.
If you're going to weeb at least weeb good.

Filthy gooks eat with their hands, I'd rather not have hands covered in soy sauce and wasabi
I've literally never seen anyone eat sushi with their hands
That's the weebest thing I've ever heard of, it's not fried chicken

i bet you can't even fit yourself properly behind a table without your gut getting in your way. I bet you have to reach out all the way to the table to be able to reach it. You disgusting weeaboo degenerate.

>You disgusting weeaboo degenerate.
But he's not a weeb, he doesn't even know how to eat sushi.

>cant eat fingerfood without making a mess of himself and touching everything
What's it like living with cerebral palsy?

>I've literally never seen anyone eat sushi with their hands
... How many times have you had sushi? Once at an american stripmall?

>being so retarded that he can't use a fork without fucking himself up.
Do you need a fucking sippycup to drink as well?

I'd like one, thank you for asking.

>pic

Salads are easier to eat with chopsticks

>stab with fork
>eat
vs
>pinch between sticks
>eat

I don't understand why one would be easier than the other.

Forks destroy croutons and you end up having to use a weird scooping motion

>having to use a weird scooping motion
You mean the same scooping motion that gooks use to eat rice?

>leave restaurant without tipping.
That's how civilized countries work.

I'm sorry? I have never experienced this unless I was doing it on purpose to split a crouton.
>get salad on fork
>lightly press fork into crouton with the same pressure you used to pick anything else up with
Was that so hard?

Only senile 60+ year old geriatrics give a fuck on how anyone eats anything.

Google image search "people eating sushi" and tell me how many pages you have to scroll through until you find one outcast samurai eating sushi with his hands

Also, if you eat sushi with your hands then you are incapable of experiencing Nyotaimori, as touching the model is off limits

>Google image search "people eating sushi"
user, you should get out more. Your world view is skewed by the internet and is inhibiting your mental health.

But to answer your question it was on the first page by a foodie magazine.

?

sushifaq.com/basic-sushi-experience-information/how-to-eat-sushi-sushi-etiquette/

japantoday.com/category/features/food/hands-or-chopsticks-4-tips-for-eating-sushi

latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-tokyo-sushi-chef-proper-way-eat-sushi-20140828-story.html

> google.com/search?q=寿司を食べる
Its uncommon in Japan but not rare

Do you normally stab your fingers into an object to pick it up?

You're supposed to like the subtlety in Japanese food. The idea that the flavor of good ingredients is better than hiding the poor quality of cheap ingredients under a lot of sauces and flavors.
This doesn't apply to all Japanese meals, but I would say Korean and Chinese cookings has stronger flavors and sauces on average

I'm sorry? There must be some kind of confusion here because that question has nothing to do with what we're discussing.

Every article you just posted states that it's OK to eat sushi with your hands if you'd like, but neither method is preferred.

I'm not saying it's wrong to eat sushi with your hands, I'm just saying it's disadvantageous and barbaric as opposed to eating with traditional chopsticks. By all means soil your hands if you'd like, however, if you'd like to enjoy your meal with a little class and maybe gain the respect of your peers i would probably stay away from the whole finger food thing when possible.

If you're not even gonna bother to have proper reading comprehension then go back to reading facebook anime cooking page posts

>eating glutinous rice

high amylose or kys yourself OP

kill yourself tonight

Yeah sorry I don't live in the slums of whatever third world Asian country you live in

do you suck dick for a living to be out of work for a week over a month injury?

the yank is right, america is less racist than europe

in america, both the nigs and the pigs have designated shooting streets : ^ )

y-you mean not enough

you can use chopsticks to eat sushi. thing is.. you're not impressing anybody when you do it

>eating lumpy rice, ever
What will the crazy japs will think of next?

>I'm just saying it's disadvantageous and barbaric as opposed to eating with traditional chopsticks
Actually traditionally sushi is finger food but I know what you meant by 'traditional chopsticks'.

The only thing I'm curious about is how one would soil their hands. You get towels to clean your hands before during and after the meal... and if you think eating with chopsticks 'gains the respect of your peers' you need to put down the manga and go outside.

>Do you normally stab your fingers into an object to pick it up?
>when discussing handheld objects and fingerfood you intend to consume
I'm not sure why you think those were even close to being related.

This is some harsh sarcasm and then a blatant ignorance of crime rates per capita... Did you know that england has a higher crime and violent crime rate than America except in extreme places like chicago?

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/jun/24/blog-posting/social-media-post-says-uk-has-far-higher-violent-c/
nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime
Inb4 you look at the first 4 statistics that are opinion based emotional questions and the rest are physical statistics such as englands higher drug use, violent crime rate, sexual assault/rape rate, total crime rate, etc etc etc.

news.gallup.com/poll/21346/crime-rate-lower-united-states-canada-than-britain.aspx

Yeah europe is so civilized. That is how you use sarcasm.

In the UK there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people. …The US has a violent crime rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 residents.
Four times as much.

this

shut this fucking thread down. he answered ops question

>literally getting spattered with juice and food bits
>obnoxious wheezing and smacking because 'it means they like it and are showing appreciation'
>'forks are precise and dexterous tools' he said while funneling his blended KFC family bucket into his mouth
americans are the worst fucking thing in the world and to be honest american cuisine is so basic and lame ugh

Inb4 someone posts some exotic american dish that people eat once a year as a cherry picked example

>obnoxious wheezing and smacking because 'it means they like it and are showing appreciation'
where were you raised that this exists?

walmart food court

Not him but
>seated at a restaurant
>person behind me is large enough to cover the entire booth seat by themselves
>hear their table move whenever they move
>steady sound of labored breathing
>ocassional disgusting throaty coughing
>do a 360 and walk forward to the exit
Its happened at least 5 times across several states

Misses the point. Nowhere is it socially acceptable to wheeze and smack your lips while eating except asian countries.

>Misses the point. Nowhere is it socially acceptable to wheeze and smack your lips while eating except for black gatherings

FYP

>Misses the point. Nowhere is it socially acceptable to wheeze and smack your lips while eating except in a golden corral in flyover country.

FTFY

>The rules my parents taught me when I was a kid are the only acceptable rules

t. angsty teenager in his rebel phase

>black gatherings

This. Niggers are 1000% more obnoxious at eating than Asians.

When I went to China they would talk about how strange it was that I ate noodles without making sounds. Fucking weirdos

>Chopsticks are versatile and more precise than forks.
first post worst post

>eating with sticks
>but still needing a spoon for soups or dumplings because it's impossible to use sticks for everything, so you eat with two utensils at the same time
>can't use sticks for dessert so you stab them with a toothpick instead
>if all that fails use your fingers anyway

Our forefathers agreed, the yellow people are barbarians.

>the yellow people are barbarians.

Fucking chinks have devolved into nigger conquering savages. This is intolerable...

>Our forefathers agreed
Dude the fork wasn't in widespread use in amerilardistan until after the civil war. Your ancestors were literally eating with their hands and wooden spoons while the lowliest peasant in asia was using chopsticks. Probably has to do with the superior IQ of asians over whites, I guess.

I use chopsticks for soup all the time... you pick out the solid bits then drink the broth. it's not hard. and desserts too. maybe you just suck at chopsticks

the japanese way is just better
>western steak cooks the whole thing as a slab and the customer cuts it themselves
>japanese way the chef cuts it into small bite sized pieces which maximizes the surface area of meat to heat and you get many delicious mini steaks instead of one big disappointing one that is only good for the first few bites

I get triggered when people say fork and knife instead of knife and fork

>weeaboos are literally too retarded to cut food themselves
>they pride themselves over the fact that they can eat food using two sticks, which is easily learnable within 10 minutes

>forks invented around 400-600ad
>somehow didn't make it to colonizing americans by a thousand years
Are you.... are you even trying to be serious?

Bibimbap needs to be mixed until uniform and eaten with all the flavours together Mx Koreaboo

I once had a black student ask me if the Chinese were so racist that they invented these tricky sticks to eat with, to prevent black kids from eating...

I really didn't know how to answer the poor little nigger so I said "yes".

its better this way

Obvious bait post, like most of Veeky Forums nowadays. Here's your (You)

I never do that
all those things are too way good on their own

I hope that, over generations, the chinese will make black people more white and attractive

>Well into the 1800s forks were still considered an affection by some, and the source of confusion to others. One diner in Maine complained that, “Eating peas with a fork is as bad as trying to eat soup with a knitting needle.” In his 1824 memoir, wealthy English silversmith Joseph Brasbridge had to admit to his host at a dinner, “I know how to sell these articles, but not how to use them.” And as late as 1842 Charles Dickens noted that fellow passengers on a Pennsylvania river boat, “thrust their broad bladed knives and two-pronged forks further down their throats than I ever saw the same weapons go before, except in the hands of a skilled juggler."

leitesculinaria.com/1157/writings-origins-fork.html

Sorry, you don't get to rewrite history yet, 56%er.

>an offhanded account of someone not wanting to use a fork with peas
>another offhanded comment about weird eating habits
I am convinced. Again forks invented before 400ad and you think that it took 1200+ years for them to become a common thing?