How has reading literature affected you?

How has reading literature affected you?

I tried to commit suicide because i was reading too much

sometimes I dream that I'm reading

after all these years reading, you know what i realize? ignorance is bliss!

Oh man, i thought i was the only one. Sometimes when a take a nap just after reading, i dream that i'm still reading the same book. Somehow what i'm reading makes sense in the dream but i can't remember anything when i wake up.

Opposite for me. I no longer worry about suicide as much as I used to because I have far too many books that I still want to read.

The sun also rises got me into drinking wine.

How do you keep finding things to read

Autism? I am a dropkick in life but insatiably curious to an obsessive degree.

It hasn't.

I've read a bunch of philosophy. And I haven't changed.

Except Thus Spoke Zarathustra may have encouraged me to start working out and dieting.

That's about it.

>Nothing happens
What does he mean by this? Unironically don't get the image

Who's the hottie?

I interpreted it as him saying that nothing changes despite all the new things he reads or learns.

How do you NOT keep finding things to read?

Once when I was really anticipating starting a certain book I dreamt the entirety of what my subconscious thought would be the plot of it beforehand. It was the Count of Monte Cristo, and needless to say, it was completely different and there was no masked train robbery etc.

Sylvia Plath's first suicide attempt was when she tried to read Finnegan's Wake.
Pretty sure it's easy, since there's thousands of years of literature. It's harder with cinematography, comics, cartoons, and music, because it's only one century (except classic music).

szsd

>Sylvia Plath's first suicide attempt was when she tried to read Finnegan's Wake.

Well I've read everything of his now sans Wake, which I might finally give a serious go in a few months, so I'll have to wait and see if I fare any better than poor Sylvia did.

I honesty feel like I barely existed before I got into literature. So much of what I lived was unconscious, unexamined. I had no grasp of myself or of the nature of the world. I did not introspect, I did not find my place in the universe. Literature has allowed me to change all that. It has allowed me to confront myself directly. I really find it frustrating when people say that literature is just another means of entertainment, a means of escapism, or that style is the only important part of literature. I am living proof that books unlock an understanding of the world that (at least so I believe) is crucial to honest and fully comprehended existence.

I read everything of Plato's up to Critias and then I got laid but only after a very ill thought out attempt to be Platonic friends with a girl.

1. sex is good
2. materialism is a prison
3. nature is cool