What are Irish people like? Are they as magical as their writing or is it fake and they are a bunch of trashy slobs?

What are Irish people like? Are they as magical as their writing or is it fake and they are a bunch of trashy slobs?

both. the women will rape you too.

So they have some gypsy in them it seems. they seem like such an anomaly

no, but they do have their own gypsies (not roma). with those the men chose brides by abduction still if you want a gender role reversal.

> beautiful accent if not a cave dweller
> most of them are gypsies
> they marry at the age of 12
> gypsy jobs include tricking old people to "allow" them to "tile" their roofs while they rob them blind, taking up space on other people's property with caravans, harrassing locals, stealing, drinking guiness, ignoring human development, encouraging devolution, complaining and not understanding why everyone hates them so much and claiming they do it for the culture, also they don't pay tax
> how about that giant's causeway wow btw have you seen the giant's causeway dude giant's causeway lmao
> irish filmmakers are pretty good

irish here
what you want to know?

>believing in human development
>believing in drinking guinness
those are trickier than convincing the old lady to allow us tile her roof for her and lend us her ladder while we're at it.

is colin mcgregor dethroned after being slapped by monsieur mayweather

> complaining and not understanding why everyone hates them so much and claiming they do it for the culture

This one pisses me off. I've seen enough documentaries about gyppos and they always rationalise their degeneracy by saying "it's in me blood, it's in me culture"

Not much of a culture when all you do is ride quad bikes and bash fuckin rocks together.

he, not being a pro boxer, went against one of the best pro boxers of all time, held his own and hit him more than all the pro boxers he had fought, what's not to like?

>Not much of a culture when all you do is ride quad bikes and bash fuckin rocks together.
>Ireland
>on a literature board
did you come here from /co/ or /tv/?

a sizeable portion of irish people hate him most

i know it's plastic paddy but i like to think of my irish heritage when i'm depressed and drinking myself to death like every male in my family

why?

The postulate that all Irish - white-skinned redheads is a counterpropaganda against Anglo-Saxon nationalism, which represented the Irish as degenerate monkey-like, with thick eyebrows on prominent brow ridges, thick lips, protruding jaws, etc.
In the pop culture of that time there was even an image - a blue-eyed blonde Teutonic (ie Anglo-Saxon), killing hordes of black-haired Celts.
All this is bullshit!
Among the Irish, there are many sub-ethnoses. This is the British Isles, where the darkness of peoples was mixed! We can take a typical Anglo-Saxon or a typical German, and say that the Teutons are like Boris Johnson, that is, The same ugly, jerky assholes.
But this is not so.
Among many modern peoples live different subethnoses. Western ethnology did not develop in the period after World War II, because ethnology was correlated with Nazism, and in the Soviet Union ethnology developed, and we came not to Nazism, but to a true understanding of sub-ethnoses. For example, on this board they believe that citizens of Finlyadnia are Mongols, but citizens of Finlyadnia are mostly blond with blue eyes.

don't trust those documentaries
travellers can be a nuisance but it's a minority within a minority that perpetuate the stereotype

most travellers exist in a weird kind of stasis where they're simultaneously proud and ashamed of their community. for example i went to school with some and they would sometimes boast of their traveller heritage but if a non-traveller referenced the fact that they were a traveller they became angry borne of clear insecurity.

desu most stories about travellers are usually quite sad. one of the guys i went to school with was so clearly gay (huge no no in traveller communities) but was ill equipped to deal with his feelings/changes and had no support system for help.

> main form of transportation is a metal wireframe cart pulled by a scruffy horse
> they literally live in RVs and caravans

It's like Slavistan when these lot visit your town.

They're very insular, I went to school with a rich settled traveller who was obviously traveller (traveller surname with a weird southern accent despite being born and raised in the north), he conformed to traveller stereotypes in that he was a trained boxer and very rude to school staff, I'm guessing his family would be seen as outsiders even among travellors

in a word: begrudgery

irish people hate ego, especially in our sportspeople. nothing garners more public acclaim than a display of humility.

mcgregor is the antithesis to this (obviously) plus he's from a working class part of dublin which plays a role (though people deny it)

travellers who try to "act like settlers" end but being ostracised from both communities.
it's extremely frustrating desu - how do you assimilate them without patronising them? what right do we have to even suggest assimilation? it's a tricky issue

>very rude to school staff
lmao my da used to teach travellers - he has the patience of a saint.

The cities are full of knackers and wannabe American Stock Broker types. The countryside is full of dumb farmers and sly hoors. Everybody hates the itinerants and the only people that fall for their "tile your roof/pave your drive" trick are foreigners or complete gobshites. The North is just a fucking mess.
The Literary tradition is now subdivided into the Dublin Elite and a few talented souls dotted around the rest of the island. The latter strive for a modern interpretation of the old Irish greats, often trying to emulate Joyce's patois with varying success. The former are increasingly disconnected and can be typified by the likes of Sally Rooney.
Everything is terrible but it's also grand.

In fact, this is shamelessness. And a little alcohol. When a person is cut off from knowledge of his culture, he begins to feel sad, he drinks and does stupid things to assert himself.
I read about Irish travelers. Some call them gypsies, but this is a typical misconception. There are groups of people who are inspired by someone else's history and begin to be considered a different people. Just because they want to be special. As your Negroes - "We were Kings"! These people simply do not know the history of their own people, do not know its greatness and victories. They only know their defeats, so they hate their own people! They usurp another's culture to look strong in their eyes!
In the history of Russia there was such a group - the Judaizers. It's like the black Israelites. They said that we are Jews and they began to live according to the Jewish law, while they did not know the Torah, but read the Bible and lived according to the Mosaic law, drank mead and circumcised. The churches were built according to Christian canons and served the dead. Israel even gave them a visa for resettlement, and they were pureblooded Russians and even wore Russian beards and pre-bows

I'm Irish. I absolutely hate this country and the people in it.

what are you on about

it's really not that bad, maybe you're the problem?

>in a word: begrudgery
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5blu-EFII

He's talking about tinkers.

Fuck off GIDF.
Travellers are the dirty unwiped arse of this country.

>Travellers are the dirty unwiped arse of this country.
sure, they probably are but what good does it do to further alienate them?

pavees are only a problem if you live somewhere they keep horses

Nah it sucks, mate. Don't even pretend you haven't noticed.

maybe he's from cork

I really want to marry Luna Lovegood and make a bundle of well-behaved catholic children with her while we end our evenings at the cottage, fire-side reading and a nice christmas each year.

>sucks
kek you're probably one of those losers who speaks with a hint of an american accent and uses little americanisms like sucks.

It keeps them in their place. We need a Final Solution to the TQ.

Or if they fancy hoking in your bins. Or if they decide the street looks like a good place to unload rubbish. Or if they decide there isn't enough thieving and random violence going on around here.

Gypsies moving in is the closest you get to a natural disaster here.

>Gypsies moving in is the closest you get to a natural disaster here.
stop living near a halting site.

>and uses little americanisms like sucks.
>literally just said "losers"

Does America have its own equivalent of gyppos or is it just The Britbong Isles that gets hit by this epidemic?

Generally speaking, the dubliner is an illiterate prole. There are some very good schools on the south side of the city, though, such as Belvedere and Gonzaga, and Trinity is an okay University.

west virginia especially but all of appalachia.

>ignoring human development
What did he mean by this?

they let facebook in

I don't, doesn't stop them from showing up anyway.

Irish American here, please explain whats wrong with Ireland atm, do you ever see niggers?

>semantics
yawn.jpg

I haven't seen one in years m8, maybe they can feel your vibe and are doing it to fuck with you.

you're american, not irish
same problems as anywhere else really (thought no where near as substantial as the shit show that is your country)
blacks, yes. niggers, no.

People are the same everywhere

He puts on a show you know, for the audience.

Humbleness is boring

There's a town a little to the south of me that is full of niggers, I don't know why there's so many of them there in particular. It's just some kind of weird Nigerian gathering point. Any time I see niggers in my town 100% they live there and only come here to steal our jobs. There's also a load of niggers in Dublin. Otherwise I don't see too many. Good few pakis though.

The economy's grim but that wouldn't bother me too much, it's mainly just that Irish people are two-faced shits. The stereotype of them being nice is not entirely unfounded, they try to look very friendly to people especially people they don't like - keeping up appearances is basically the most important thing in life. But really whenever those people are out of earshot they will not hesitate to start bitching to each other about them. It should tell you all you need to know that Brits only showed up here because one Irish person was trying to fuck over another one.

not saying i agree with them, just telling why. i hate humility too, it's usually false modesty.

My ancestory is Irish so im irish american. Its not hard to grasp

They'll move anywhere, especially in tidy rural villages and popular towns. I don't know why the police don't shoo them away.

>blacks, yes. niggers, no.

ancestry is a myth. you're deluded. irish people laugh at americans who say they're irish.

most people make use of toilets

gypsies shit in a hole in the ground

blacks in ireland are sound

And we laugh at the world because we are superior.

>we

>ancestry is a myth
Yeah, your literal DNA doesn't matter. All that counts is you happen to be born under the auspices of the right government.

And no, self-righteous dicks laugh at Americans who take an interest in their Irish ancestry.

All blacks are fucking niggers don't be tricked just because they aren't numerous enough to cause a problem.

Irish Americans are the Irish smart and wealthy enough to leave your stupid little shit island while you fucking monkies starved. So sad many of you cunts think a bit of water in between us negates the blood ties we have.

Thanks for the insightful reply mate

Nah niggers in Ireland need to fuck off back to Africa.

>superior
that's why you're desperate to be irish.

lol why? because you spend too much time talking to americans on the internet? ok, we've done it: i'm sure you'll notice the difference in your many outdoor excursions.

They are Irish. We laugh at Irish people who say they are black.

>Yeah, your literal DNA doesn't matter

say you're a white american is that's your concern?

>And no, self-righteous dicks laugh at Americans who take an interest in their Irish ancestry.

a misguided interest that usually leads to a bastardised idea of what being irish is

Maybe if you weren't so up your own hole you'd realize what's true of nigs in America are true of nigs here. They're stupid, criminal people that belong with the rest of the monkeys. If you love them so much and you're anywhere near Dundalk go walking around Muirhevnamore at night.

Bet you live in the Free State too.

Mhmm

Muh no true scotsman.

>near Dundalk
>rich people's tears
yeah i don't care about your mom's xanax overdose or that the neighbours put out their bird feeder in the wrong season.

Being born in Ireland means you are Irish even if your skin is black. Americans dont understand this and cling to ancestory.

Yes and I was born in a garage so I'm a car

>They are Irish.
Sure thing, lad. Umbongo Mumkizwe is just as Irish as you or me.

>say you're a white american is that's your concern?
I'm not a white American. I'm a white Irishman. But I don't like it when twats condescend to fellow white people of Irish ancestry just because they were born on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

>a misguided interest that usually leads to a bastardised idea of what being irish is
And what's that?
What is so different about us that Americans just don't get? Because last I checked someone from one developed English speaking country could move to another with virtually no trouble settling in.

Aye, get back to your blacked videos, kid.

If you were born in America you are American. Not Irish-American, just American. Same with everywhere.

I never claimed to be Irish that's a different user

>he forgets he spends all his time on the american internets
>assumes everyone else does the same
have you thought that maybe you're a boring prick?

Pic related. Pure-blooded native Panaman.

>Sure thing, lad. Umbongo Mumkizwe is just as Irish as you or me.
what part of ireland are you from?

>I'm not a white American. I'm a white Irishman. But I don't like it when twats condescend to fellow white people of Irish ancestry just because they were born on the wrong side of the Atlantic.
idgaf if you're white, i have more in common with a nigerian who grew up in ireland than a yank who thinks he's irish because of a myth

what do you think irish culture is about then if you're so irish

We call them Irish here.

>american convinced he's irish, but phil lynott isn't
it is a special place
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyQ-tScuzwM

>irish in ireland are sound
doesn't get my point across does it?

>something something reeee americans
Free Staters are the most predictable people.

He has white ancestory though.

>it's the 1920s again
m8 did you have a stroke or something?

it's okay if you're an ameriboo, but people will hate you as much as americans. you have to know that by now.

We dont talk about ancestory here. Its not part of your identity.

man i'm irish. read the original post and look at what i was replying to.

If I could ascribe a single trait to the Irish (that is, the Irish people living in Ireland) it would be contradiction. Irish people are all at once unified, displaying huge pride and support for national endeavours and sports teams, while also being tribal in the extreme, often with long lasting grudges held towards the County/town/village over. There are civil war grudges between families today that still define much of their personal and political identity.
They are immensely happy and supportive of the achievements of other Irish people while being extremely bitter that they themselves were not the person to achieve success. The same person could wax lyrical about Conor McGregor online and then insult him to his face for making "a feck of himself."
They are welcoming to foreigners and interested in other cultures. However there is no question that they will not bend from their own cultural idioms and practices to accommodate you. You're in their house and, while you're welcome to visit, you'd best fuck off back to wherever you came from at the end of your visit.
The list could go on, but I think my point is clear. As a people, the Irish do their best to evade definition. In fact, I would not at all be airbrushed to learn that confusing outsiders is a national pastime to them.

Irish American here. Inherited the drinking gene and fighting gene. Mcgregor is my idol. We are humble for the most part unless we get drinking.

Poor show, Irishanons. As for the rest of you, go read a fucking book.

>what part of ireland are you from?
Armagh

>idgaf if you're white, i have more in common with a nigerian who grew up in ireland than a yank who thinks he's irish because of a myth
In the 21st century developed world nationality means fuck all besides a certificate the government gives you. Race is what counts, doesn't matter if you're white from America, Ireland, England or Poland - at the end of the day. The only myth here is that the government dictates your being.

>what do you think irish culture is about then if you're so irish
tbqh I don't think there's any such thing as "irish culture" as anything more than the kitschy shit we sell to tourists and random insular trends that die out overnight. Likewise for the rest of the western world, there's only western culture anymore. All else is just trivial.

>Armagh
that not even part of ireland any more

You are an actual cliché (or at least aspiring to be one). You make me sick.

Being born in Panama means you are Panaman even if your skin is white.

Wrong. His family is American

What the fuck kind of part of the country do you live in where people hate Americans so much?

Last I checked everyone was wearing American clothes, listening to American music, watching American shows and using American services. Even you for that matter given moot was from New York.

you know moot took the code off the current jap owner?
and where the fuck do you live that people don't consider americans dumb and fat. that's not even just an irish meme.

>anymore
Not sure what you mean by that given Ireland only became a country in the 1920s and never included Armagh.

And Bogugu's family is Nigerian. But it doesn't matter, all that counts is your ma shat you out within the right borders.

it's been a kingdom before, and if you're holding out hope for irish genes from originating in armagh, you might want to check out the ulster plantation. either way, they send you back where you came from now, you're going to the UK

Yeah and Americans took their entire country from the Natives, doesn't make it not American.

>and where the fuck do you live that people don't consider americans dumb and fat. that's not even just an irish meme.
Yeah we think they're dumb and fat but we don't go around seething about Americans and everything they do.

We all know people who are dumb and fat, doesn't mean we hate them for it.

America is the laughing stock of all Europe