/HPG/: Harry Potter General

/HPG/: Harry Potter General

1. Who is your favorite Harry Potter side-character?

2. What is one part of the story that sticks out in your memory for whatever reason?

3. Which Hogwarts school subject do you think you'd do best in?

4. Are you personally excited for the upcoming school year?

Make A Name For Yourself!

Invent a suitable wizarding name or create one using the HP name generator: harrypotter.bloomsbury.com/uk/fun-stuff/name-generator/

Sort Yourself Out!

The final two digits of your initial post in these threads dictates which house you belong to:

0 - 2: Gryffindor
3 - 5: Ravenclaw
6 - 7: Hufflepuff
8 - 9: Slytherin

Add this to your namefield on all posts, e.g. Harry Potter (Gryffindor)

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=trvpd-HJ4pU

Let the magic commence!

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/11574569/1/Dodging-Prison-and-Stealing-Witches-Revenge-is-Best-Served-Raw
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/903511124288688128?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://time.com/4924752/j-k-rowling-harry-potter-19-years-later/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Recently watched the first movie for the first time and kind of liked it.

How are the books compared to the movies? I'm reading nothing right now so I'm considering them

Lmfao ok :p

It depends on your age I suppose. I first read Harry Potter at the age of about 9 or 10, when I was myself living a Muggle life and was not aware that I too had magical abilities.

The books are tighly plotted, humorous (often employing euphemism to appeal to both young and adult audiences), well researched (the names, potions, locations etc all have refer to something meaningful and are by no means chosen at random), thrilling and above all heart-warming. Not to mention comfy! I myself have not stayed a night in Gryffindor tower, though Rowling depicts what life is like in that particular house with such detail that whenever a thunder storm approaches the school I can't but help want to run upstairs (past Filch!) and spend the evening looking out over the lake from the boys' dormitory room!

I would recommend scheduling a day for yourself and spending it in your pyjamas, in a quiet dimly lit space, reading Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone without looking to discredit or undermine it beforehand. A truly magical novel if ever I've read one, and believe me I read a lot of them as part of the curriculum here!

Oh how predictably nasty from a Slytherin. See you on the Quidditch pitch when the school year begins, scoundrel!

I'll bite...

>1. Who is your favorite Harry Potter side-character?
Grindelwald

>2. What is one part of the story that sticks out in your memory for whatever reason?
When Ron told Harry to piss off.

>3. Which Hogwarts school subject do you think you'd do best in?
Dark Arts

>4. Are you personally excited for the upcoming school year?
Who cares.

Hello hello hello Hildebrand! I knew you'd end up a Gryffindor! Rather grumpy today I see, long flight back from your summer holiday in Albania!?

Are you trying out for Gryffindor's Quidditch team this coming year. You have some stiff competition from Mildred Nirmbank from what I saw last season!

Unironic Harry Potter generals on Veeky Forums in the year 2017.
What a time to be alive.

n i g e l

*draws wand*

Who said that!? Ah, an Anonymity Cloak I see!

Show yourself!

Zap the Mudbloods, Wizard war now

Damn. Gryffindor, really? I wanted to be a pariah! Curse you, Sorting Hat!!!!1!!1!1

Now, where's Emma Watson... I mean... Hermione? I think we have some "business" to attend to, if you know what I mean...

Luna lovegood. She was my teenage crush.
Oh wow that's a tough one. Either Luna lovegood or things involving sirius for obvious reason. I did not expect to cry when he dies whilst re-reading the series but I did ):
Also learning about snape.
ahaha Care of Magical Creatures or herbology. I basically do that irl cause of harry potter.
4. ):

I was actually thinking about your posts last week op, I felt sad when I remembered how much fun it was.
Thanks for putting a smile on my dial though (: just what I needed to see after a terrible day of general muggleness.

1. Luna
2. The grindyelow in Lupin's office.
3. History of Magic
4. I don't go to school anymore. I would be if I was going to Hogwarts tho.

The Muggle world is indeed one that is defined by tedium and disillusion. I remember well those years I spent living as a Muggle without even the slightest knowledge that I actually possessed magical abilities. The life of the average Muggle is indeed something that no sane Wizard (there aren't many of us I admit!) would consent to live. Waking before dawn, trudging to your workplace several miles away, spending your day sitting in a chair surrounded by those whose imaginative capacities extend no further than the latest episode of some television show produced in part to generate extravagant advertising profit, travelling home alone weary and annoyed, and then spending a few meagre hours of relative freedom alone or tied to an individual who you realize more and more does not live up to the idealized standard you previously allotted to them in your innocence and your desperate desire to love and to be loved in return. The life of a Squib in fact is more desirable than that of a Muggle. It is no wonder that Argus Filch, who is surrounded by magical individuals yet has no magic powers himself, opts to stay here at the castle rather than living in some cold and lonely bungalow in a far suburb of an anonymous town whose main attraction is the local war memorial. Fortunately for you, dear poster, Slytherin house is at this moment preparing a bed and storage space for you for the upcoming academic year. You obviously possess a great deal of ambition, let us just hope that you use it for good!

Thrice the Sorting Hat has called out the name of Slytherin, and so three more students will be admitted to that house!

The epilogue of Deathly Hallow takes place in a few days, September 1st 2017.

Hermonie is hot. I would furiously penetrate her tiny magic rectum.
>2. What is one part of the story that sticks out in your memory for whatever reason?
None.
Sexual magic.
Yes.

Name: Werner von Tyronpenis

Pls not Hufflepuff

Huh, I actually wanted Ravenclaw.
Luna a best.

There isn't really any magic to commence in one of the dullest franchises in the history of book franchises.

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>meme chart

must be bait

The chart is a bait, the post is a copypasta

JUST FUCK MY COPYPASTA UP

The Twins

Harry flying off in the firebolt

Potions

Only if I concoct a potion to make me meme better.

>slyth get

Ghost of the Ravenclaw chick. The fuck was her name, Ravena?

The twist in the first book. Also Sirius's death.

Potions seems simply enough. Just follow the fucking instructions.

No.

>Make A Name For Yourself!
Fuck off.

>The final two digits of your initial post in these threads dictates which house you belong to
That's not how it works. You get into the house you want to. Hufflepuff seems chill. I pick that.

Pretty good, though movies turn to shit after the 3rd. I started reading them after my HS girlfriend forced me to watch the first movies.

Literally the best thing to come out of it.

Do you have any logical reason why you're not reading Dodging Prison and Stealing Witches - Revenge is Best Served Raw?

fanfiction.net/s/11574569/1/Dodging-Prison-and-Stealing-Witches-Revenge-is-Best-Served-Raw

>1.
Oh, that would be Peter Pettigrew, of course, always the proverbial thorn in my side, always the sneaky rodent!

>2.
When Hermoine goes "Stop! Stop! Stop! You're going to take someone's eye out! Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's LeviOsa, not LevioSA." Oh, what fun!

>3.
Defence Against the Dark Arts...

>4.
Oh, of course. I shall see all my friends again. Hagrid, Hermoine, of course, and that most famous of pupils Mister Harry Potter! We shall venture to Hogsmeade and buy candy together, Potter and I.

There's an ex-military girl in one of my lecture classes who has the deathly hallows symbol tattooed over her entire elbow.

Do you think she likes Tolkien?

>t. brainlet who doesn't understand that the first paragraph of the pasta was about the movies.

>LARPing faggots still think this book series is as grand and great despite it being a plot-hole, luck-driven pile of shit.

sigh.

I know the second and third tattoos are Harry Potter and Game of Thrones, but what are the rest?

the ouroboros one is wheel of time and i think there's the white tree of gondor

From left to right:
Native American harp music
Harry Potter
Game of Thrones
Wheel of Time
Starbucks
DMV

this entire thread is bait right

She is not hot in the books though.

1. Newt
2. The trial of Mr. Bagman
3. I was a nerd in school, would prob do well in most.

Also, Hufflepuff or gtfo

i don't really like harry potter but i feel like this is worth posting
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/903511124288688128?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://time.com/4924752/j-k-rowling-harry-potter-19-years-later/

What was once again Voldemort's goal? Anything else besides creating a "kingdom of evil" for the sake of being evil? or did he have any other goal?

>favourite side-kick
Ron seems a cool, loyal guy
>moment that sticks out
when harry kissed the asian chick at the owl tower (cho chang?)
>discipline
dark arts
>next school year
Yeah gonna smash some hufflepuff qts

Mr. Weasley.
None, sadly there's nothing memorable.
I would be the worst wizard to ever come to Hogwarts, I'm not intelligent and I'm lazy.
Isn't today the day when Hogwarts starts again? September 1st.

I hope Rowling dies, I have no idea how Harry Potter is popular, both the books and the films are as bad as something can be...

He is a psycopath and a genius, I've only read the first two books, and apparently he wanted to kill all the muggles and become the greatest wizard of all times. he's a much better character than the faggot Harry and his boring friends.

I love harry potter to an unhealthy degree but yeah, I'm trying to bait here.
Granted it's pretty fucking difficult to bait people with harry potter nowadays.

Mad-eye Moody
When Harry first discovers what his Patronus is
Astronomy
Yeah man hopefully Luna's qt daughter will be there and we can snog

1: Weasley Brothers, lets say George

2: The purchasing of the wands

3: Probably Ravenclaw, possibly Hufflepuff. I'm more Ravenclaw in terms of personality and more Hufflepuff in terms of effort. Sure as fuck wouldn't be in Gryffindor or Slytherin

4: No I fell for the autodictat meme

Fuck I totally just read something completely different for the third question, probably would do best in Potions.

>Reading Harry Potter for the plot
>Reading anything for the plot

It's about building up a magical wizarding world full of wonderful characters! It's a place where every child can imagine going to school and making friends!

It's, dare I say it... The greatest childrens book series EVER!

To all the pure-bloods in this thread: don't go to Herbology class tomorrow. The day of the Serpent has arrived.

>tfw thought it said John Galt
>tfw briefly imagined unholy union of Ayn Rand and JK Rowling

Last one is Chronicles of Narnia dummkopfs

Tonks, I think.

The scene in which they are in a diner, I think it's in the last book. But I don't remember what they say, it's just the visual.

Charms.

Yeah, I plan on fucking all the newbie teen girls.

Reminder that today is the day the Nineteen Years Later epilogue takes place, and Albus Severus Potter goes to Hogwarts.

Dobby relished his groinsaw's roar as he withdrew the flesh-choked blade from the astronaut's ruined skull. He turned to Harry, thrusting his bloody, retina-covered pelvis with elfin fervor.

>There is no good and evil. Only power, and those too weak to seek it

Was he wrong?

well considering that the wizarding world was pagan then i'd say that yeah, voldemort did nothing wrong

Fuck Harry Potter and JK Rowling
Militant house-elf uprising now

My favorite post about rowling

Voldemort' isn't some Saturday morning cartoon villain. His character motivation can be summarized in three key points.

1.) His need to be different. Even when he was a small child, he yearned deeply to be special in some way. He insisted upon carving out his name in history, and didn't much care how it was done. Thus, as he is also a legitimate psychopath, he became the most feared dark wizard in history.

2.) Dominion over muggles. He is a pure-blood supremacist. Curiously, he doesn't appear to actually be racist or sexist, rather, he loathes muggles because they are inferior, short-sighted and pathetic. He single-handedly tortured and killed so many muggles and muggle-borns during his initial rise to power in the 1970's that he was able to create an army of the undead.

3.) He is very afraid of his own death, and has gone through extreme lengths to prevent it. His whole image is sort of death themed, with bone-white skin and 'Vol de mort' being French for, 'flight from death'. Hey man, he's got the right idea. Figure out how to be immortal or die trying.

What do you mean by pagan? JK Rowling is religious, and though it's never mentioned directly, aspects of her faith are definitely in the books. Harry's story is a religious one.

1. Fred and George
2. Harry meeting Dumbledore in the limbo
3. Charms
4. N/A

He's a racist. That's all JKR made him to be, and that's HP's entire message. "Racism is bad, mkay."

>initials are literally ASP
What did Rowling mean by this?

What did you do to the pasta, user? No ‘No!’? Just cuck my shit up, desu.

Actually yes, he's basically Hitler, a nazi, a pure-blood supremacist, like Salazar Slytherin. That was pretty clear to me and I've only read the two first books.

At least Hitler pulled his country out of shit. Voldy only made everything worse.

I don't mean to panic anyone but is anyone else concerned about Neville? Yesterday I found him hiding away in the library looking up rapid-fire killing curses.

We joked about it, he said he was "planning something tragic" and winked at me twice, and I just laughed it off and said he should tell all the students to get in one corner of the room and then start casting spells, joking obviously, but he just nodded like he thought it was a good idea.

Then he started telling me about how his sister is dating a "mudblood" (um we call them muggles, Neville, it's 2017), and how he can hear them fucking through the wall when he goes home in the summer. Also how he splashed somebody with Butterbeer on a trip to Hogsmeade because they brought it up (wizard kek what an autist)

Anyway, he ended the conversation by putting his hand on my shoulder and saying I "was alright" and that I "shouldn't go to herbology tomorrow."

He was definitely just joking, right?

Pretty sure the first one is the talent pipes from Kingkiller Chronicles.
Maybe the tree is that white tree in Minas Tirith (lotr)?