Welcome to Literature 101. Let's start off with an icebreaker, introduce yourselves by telling us your name...

>Welcome to Literature 101. Let's start off with an icebreaker, introduce yourselves by telling us your name, your favorite book, and an interesting fact about yourself. Let's start with you

My name is user, and I'm an alcoholic.

I'm user. My favorite book is probably The Unnamable by Beckett. The only interesting thing about me is that there's nothing interesting about me at all

My name is ActualAutist, I like a lot of books but I'll say that my favourite is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mike Haddon, and I am a big fan of The Flaming Lips.

Uh, yeah, I'm user and my favorite book is, um, Emotionally Weird by Kate Atkinson. I uh, I collect skulls and I mix maple syrup with milk and drink it with a spoon. T-thanks.

My name is user, my favorite book is Phenomenology of Spirit by Hegel. Judging by the physiognomy of your faces I doubt anyone here has heard of it. An interesting fact about me is that I like to spend my free time on Veeky Forums's literature board in threads where we scare attractive booktubers off the internet.

Hola. My name is user and my favourite book is rayuela by Julio Cortázar. I haven't shaved my beard since 2015

Hello.
My Name is Aditya(yes I am Indian).
My favorite book is One Minute To Midnight by Michael Dobbs(I LUV ZE COLD WAR!).
I can pop my knuckles as many times as I want rapidly in succession anytime of the day, any day of the week,I just have to clench my fish at my knuckles go "Crack Crack Crack Crack".

H-hi, my name is a-user with white background, people usually think its just a background but its part of my head, so yeah i'm square-headed...hehe...*glup*

My-my favourite book is Ulysses, pronounced as *iu**el**why**es**es**i**es** you probably never heard of it.

An interesting fact about myself? W-well, i'm still trying to find my true love

My turn? Uh, my name is anonymous and my favorite book is Mrs. Dalloway. Oh? Yeah, I prefer user. And I can say the alphabet backwards but sometimes have trouble saying it the regular way.

Hii, I'm user, my favourite books are Harry Potter, and Hunger Games, and Animal farm. I like to go on holiday and being with friends, and having fun, you know?

Hi I'm user.
I like Maps of Meaning
I'm on a quest to slay the dragon and save my father

I'm user.

My favorite book is The Recognitions by Gaddis.

My fun fact is that I've met Barack Obama (met him, as in shook his hand and had a short 1-2 minute conversation with him) but I've never voted for him (I'm old enough to have voted in both elections he's run)

>fuck, a non-trad. He's probably going to shoehorn in all his life experiences into this class and talk about his family a lot.

Hello I´m named after one of the 12 Apostels of Jesus Christ, my favourite book is probably Thus spoke Zarathustra by Frederick Nietzsche. Iam also a very passionate chess-player!

My name user favorite book moulan rouge by chris nolan

waiting for you to write a physiognomonic refutation of the Phenomenology of Spirit, that would be quite interesting.

Hi, I'm user, let's say my fav book is Paulina 1880 by Pierre Jean Jouve, and last month I witnessed a woman falling to her death.

I did this in 10th grade and everybody cringed.

Haha I can't pick just one favorite book honestly. But I love Stephen King!

Hello. Hehe. Um, my name iiiiiis femanon. Hehe. My favourite book is C&P by Dosto, uh, yeah, pretty popular stuff but I can talk about how Raskolnikov is a failed Ubermensch. H-haha. Um, one interesting fact about meeeee? Uh, um, maybe you should find that yourself. Hehe.

Hey my names user. My favorite book is probably Big Sur. Something interesting is that I attempted suicide twice in high school.

Howdy, I'm user. Favorite book is probably the crying of lot 49. Interesting fact is that I'm incredibly involved in my local DIY punk scene

Hiya, I'm user. I don't really have a favourite book per se but I really enjoyed rading Camera Lucida by Roland Barthes. I like to play guitar and attend debating tournaments

Sup my name is user, my favorite book is book of the new sun that i love to read while eating pringles.
Something about me, huh?
I cant stop thinking about cute boys crossdressing in anime costumes

Hiiiiiiiii, my name is Stacy and my favorite book is The Hunger Games, omg I just LOVE Katniss isn't she the BEST????

An interesting fact about me is that i'm dating Chad!

wunna hang out? heh heheheh

Name's user, favorite book is probably no country for old men. I spent my early 20's living a sex, drugs, and rock n' roll degeneracy and have a plethora of insane stories. Once towed a 737 on acid.

Hey guys! My name is Chad, you probably recognize me from the football team. Go [SPORTSTEAM]! Beat [RIVALSPORTSTEAM]
>*everyone laughs and cheers*
Anyway i don't really read much but if I had to I'd say my favorite book is Harry Potter

I'm user, I've already dropped out of college twice and my favorite book is In Search of Lost Time

Hey Babe

Chad here
I like Krieg und Frieden
Fun fact: Stacy pussy tight brah

Heh. The name's Taylor but you fuckers can just call me Stormhawk. I'm the team's data man, meaning that if ever there's information you need--bank account numbers, voter histories, Facebook passwords--I can get for you, at a reasonable price. My favorite book? Heh. I'm usually too busy hacking into Hillary Clinton's private server to read books. Some names that might help you keep up with the conversation, though? Try Nicks Bostrom and Land, Baudrillard, Richard Lynn. But don't come crying to me when the world won't fit back into that neat little box you've spent your life forcing it into.

Heh.

user
All quiet on the western front
My left testicle is prosthetic.

Nice trenchcoat fag

user
Gravity's Rainbow
My grandmother is a Thai woman younger than my dad.

>Nicks Bostrom and Land

I'm user and my favorite book is The Phantom Tollbooth and sometimes I can be obnoxiously pedantic but I just am trying to understand concepts myself so don't take it personally please. Also I like to take psychedelics and listen to radio static nice to meetcha

Hi my name is Chad, my favorite book is Game of Thrones the TV show, and I love my Girlfriends of 2 months Stacy *wraps arm around Stacy and pulls her closer, audible "aww" from the class*
*The proffessor nod in approval as he moves on to the balding smelly sociopath in the back of the room wearing indistinct-colored poorly-fitting shorts and a t-shirt*

Hi user

>be in this situation
>actually say my favorite book is gravity's rainbow (because it was)
>TA has a big smug grin
>"I guess you'll be teaching us then"
>class laughs at me

>Bostrom
Would have thought someone who reads Land would know better

i'm gonna be in this situation in three weeks and i'm actually terrified because my favourite book is Ulysses but I don't want the professor to think I'm a pseud

>this actually happens to me
>my favourite book is houllebecq's the elementary particles
>now nobody wants to speak to me

*stands up and clears throat unnecessarily*

Listen up, snowflakes! My favorite book is Barbarians by Lauren Southern. An interesting fact about me is that I am going to call out this professor's LIEberal bias all semester. Does that trigger you, buttercup? Need a safe space?

Stop reading books written by coal burners. Her sister dates a POO IN LOO.

Me be Jamal. Me no read. Me only here becuz dey cracka giv de money.

Hi, my name is user imus. My favorite book is in search of lost time by Proust and I have mild hallucinations from time to time

my name is Everett. This is a difficult question, but id have to say my favorite book is Kafka on the Shore or Breakfast of Champions (both lies to get a qt gf). One of my hobbies is rock climbing, and i love nature (another lie)

Hello, I'm Thomas, but people call me George.. My favourite book is Life Is a Dream, but I'm more of a poetry guy.

>interesting fact about yourself
*unsolicited opinions about avantgarde, free verse and modern art in general

i had a teacher ask something similar, he asked us to name our favorite book and our favorite band
at least 75% of the class said the beatles and the great gatsby

>juzni vetar or zari i goci bend
i dont think it would go well if people asked me this

They all probably had extremely obscure and patrician tastes, but just named things everyone knows to avoid attention.

cowards

I'm user and I really liked Blindsight.

I'm in the process of getting fit and hopefully it works this time

My name is user, my favorite book is The Confidence Man. An interesting fact about me is that I hate all music.

>introduce yourselves by telling us your name
Hi, I'm Anonymous
>, your favorite book
, my favorite book is, I'm going to have to say The Brothers Karamazov
>, and an interesting fact about yourself
, and I can name all 15 former Soviet republics and their capitals (except Moldova) from heart.
>fuck, a non-trad. He's probably going to shoehorn in all his life experiences into this class and talk about his family a lot
I'll try not to be *that guy*. {ha ha} As a father, I know how much my son hates when I do that.
My proudest achievement is my loving and supportive family that I had until my wife left.
>favorite band
My favorite band is Kraftwerk. You really can't appreciate the song 'Radioaktivität' fully until you've been a father.

Oh and also you really can't appreciate the Karamazov to the full unless you've been a father either

What is wrong with Chisinau?

uuh thats not actually how kneet s shuh is pronounced, user

Nothing except for how it hasn't worked its way into my long-term memory yet. Maybe now it will finally

Thanks for reminding me that I'm going to have to go through all this icebreaker bullshit all over again next week.

Nobody ever remembers a goddamn thing anyone says, it just wastes an hour+ of class time on irrelevance.

Gotta fill up syllabus day somehow user. No one wants to be there or do work but the professor needs to do something to justify coming to class.

>implying putting autists under pressure isn't the only fun professors get in the year

My name is user and I'm a faggot.

Hi I'm Matt
I liked Moby Dick a lot
uh I make shirts

this is actually funny

Heyyyy guys, so like, my name is Shar'payy and I read like sooo much omg, I hardly have time left over to go shopping with my squad and to see my boyfriend lol xd my favorite book is probably Harry Potter, but like I also like The Bell Jar but it's like sooo deep so I didn't finish it haha

r8 my shelf Veeky Forums

I think your favourite book might change soon, Theodore.

nigga you have three copies of marmoset mentality???

>404 KB
LMAO. I fucking love Veeky Forums

tryhard faggot/10

hey, my name is user. ummm my favorite book is unironically infinite jest. stop laughing.
ummmm i graduated with an english degree while also being a full time heroin addict, impressive i know, but im just here to audit the class.

Hi, I'm *******. My favorite book is probably either A Wrinkle in Time and/or the book that came after it, or The Hobbit-- I know they're kids' books but they're the ones I liked the best... well maybe this one short story compilation by Ursula K. LeGuin, but whatever. I don't have a lot of interesting things about me, I could tell you about my problems but you don't want to hear about that... I'm the oldest of four, so that gave me a lot of patience.

this is a good thread, bumping so maybe more anons can join in

Hmmm

My name is 'user who's convinced he's slightly on the autistic spectrum'
My favorite book is Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card.
And uh, ever since I discovered the magical experience of stimulating the prostate via inserting a sharpie up my ass, I've become happier and more relaxed. I've been using the same round-headed sharpie for the past 4 months or so. I would buy myself I nice dildo, but I'm too afraid my mom would find it. Once I move out though...

Hi. My name is user. I don't think I have a favorite book because I read so many all the time. An interesting fact about myself is that I have been drinking coffee almost everyday since I was seven

oh nice, my favorite book is unironically infinite jest as well.

Hi, my name is nanashi (that means user in Japanese for all you gaijins). My favorite books is The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima because I identify with the protagonist. An interesting fact about me is that I am fluent in the kansai-ben dialect of japanese. Yoroshikuonegaishimasu.

Holy fucking shit I'm laughing

I am user and my favourite book is The Fifth Head of Cerberus. I am convinced that I understand this book better than anybody else alive aside from the author.

m-my favorite book is God delusion by Richard Dawkins which is my gospel
wherever a theist want to deny someone the basic rights of marriage and marijuana I will fight
wherever an ignorant sky funide sends prayers on facebook I will fight
where ever my atheist gentlesirs and m'ladies need my sword of reson to combat christian opressor I will fight
with knowledge in my artillery I am quite the opponent
*tips fedora and blushes*

fick off

It is meant for people that are actually fuckable. You only listen to the ones you want to fuck, so you have an opening to plow them later.

Oh, Hi Mark!

My name is Frenchfag and I like pony fanfiction. An interesting fact about myself is that I am not a virgin despite of that.

Do you at least get trips faggot?

Hi Marcel!

My name is Miles, but friends call me Yakub. Eh miss me with that book shit but I couldn't help but notice it's all white bitches in this class.

Hello Yakub, maker of the white race.

Are you Kant or something? Just lie and say another Joyce book or Russian book or something, no harm done

fuckin no dubs freak. PATHETIC

i hope you arent trying to be funny user, IJ is serious business...

Hi, my name is user.
My favorite book is Das perfume, and nothing
is particularly interesting about me, and I'm saying that in hope of that it will make me sound humble. Admitting that sadly proves the opposite i guess.