Do you think it's weird to see a white person in an Indian or Asian supermarket?

Do you think it's weird to see a white person in an Indian or Asian supermarket?

Why would it be? The business owners are happy to serve you, and the people who the cuisine is native to don't notice you Is it weird to see a white person in an Indian or Asian restaurant?

The exact opposite. I think it’s weird seeing an actual Asian person browsing the aisles. I follow them around expecting them to open up a secret entrance way or hidden aisle to all the REAL Chinese ingredients.

I definitely feel weird going in them, but part of that is that I go in knowing I'm not going to be buying anything.

I don't care. Can buy a giant bag of asian spices for the same price i'd buy a tiny pot in a regular supermarket.
Gotta keep an eye on my shekels

I live in white surbubia, so, no

They do keep the good shit in the back cooler.
>t. race traitor

fucking baby dragons and mogwai.

Probably, but an Asian store is the best place I’ve found for beef bones. Almost always get some coconut milk and snacks while I’m there, too, and browse the insanity that is the frozen food isle.

Oh, and nooders

It's tough because all the Asian qts are always trying to hop on my big white cock. It feels like I'm colonizing a far eastern land when that happens.

This really, i've checked some local Asian/ethnic-markets and oh man the shit they sell there apart from things like cheap rice and noodles is literally fucking shit and not that cheap either.

Allways makes me wonder if these slanty eyed gooks really eat this shit just because it's made in their country/region.

no

get to you own side of the supermarket you white as fuck fuckity fuck we don't want you plebz in our sections of food you have your own food like spaghetti and burgers you fucking burger

There is something to this. At our local one if I go by myself, the squid in the display cooler always looks like shit and if I ask if they have anymore in back, it's aleays, "no, no mo'! Onry dose, dose! Bestest qwuarity!" But when I go with my asisn wife and she asks, for some strange reason they always bring out a box of much fresher. Our new overlords might even be worse than what we have now, idk.

Shopping at an asian supermarket is cultural appropriation. Whitey just can't keep his hands off every little piece of culture that isn't his, can he?

it's not weird that they're there. it's weird how they act
>omg what is THAT?
>OMG WHOA I DON'T KNOW
>what is THAT?
>omg WHOA I don't know!?
>sqqeeeeaeal! look it's a fish with the eyes on it *loud gagging noises*
>OMG!
then they follow me around and google everything I touch, and never buy anything. then they talk in "broken" english really loudly to the cashier and only ever buy mochi ice cream

I feel a little out of place when I go to the local Asian grocer, but they have the good instant noodles so I get over it.

not really. what's weird is seeing an african person. they're really rare in general, but they sometimes shop at asian markets.

>The business owners are happy to serve you
>chink supermarket
no

Japanese supermarket near me always has some weebs there. Including myself. But in a metropolitan area not rare at all. White people are insufferable cunts in general tho

Yep, same with me and my gookier half.

Do you think it's weird to see an Indian or an Asian person in Wal-mart?

I go to a place full of FOBs. They think what I'm buying is weirder than my skin color. I'm usually there to buy A) condiments B) junk food and snacks C) seafood. I look like a stereotypical fat American that supposedly lives on hot sauces and cookies, while they're buying vegetables and the rest of the week's list.

I buy my regular white people food at Kroger, of course.

>Live in a small college town
>Signed an exchange agreement with some ESL school in Dehli
>Wal-Mart put in a poo aisle
Yes, it's weird.

How else can i get my tender baby bok choy for asian spicy soup?

No. But there have been times when I've seen a specific type of older white man that goes there to hit on Asian women or the occasional massive weeb.

no

There are certain categories of white people who it's weird to see there because they're visiting as a cut-rate NatGeo subscription. And of course hardcore weebs look equally weird at Lee's Market or Price Chopper.

But a normal person in normal clothes buying normal things? Nothing weird about that. At the end of the day class identity is more important than color.

Why the fuck should I feel weird about going a store in my nation?

Weird is having asians and indians here..

Wear a fluro vest with a badge and they might think you're a health inspector and offer you free stuff.

>Do you think it's weird to see a white person in an Indian or Asian supermarket?
What? I find it weird that anyone else would find it weird. Generally speaking, the only people they find unusual are those that are uncomfortable. I find them to be extremely relaxed and hospitable.

If you feel and look out of place you are, but that's due to paranoia on both sides. Relax and realize you fit in just fine. They're probably just as afraid of you if you act like you don't belong so get to shopping and being polite but social with people there.

I learned to speak Hindi when I lived in India. Pajeet cashier almost poos their loos out of excitement when I ask him क्या तुम्हारे पास मूंग दाल है? chuuuuuutiya

My gf is korean and I notice the exact same thing. It's clan loyalty, I understand. They give the rotting food to the Westerners and I give the variable rate loans to the goyim. Such is life.

This. I'm half Asian half white and they can tell. A special kind of contempt in the older generations. Just as soon spit at you. I guess that was the first time I experienced any kind of deeper racism. It was eye opening. Made me sad to be who I am.

You act like slanteyes arent insufferably fucking racist cunts who treat everybody else like human trash.

I literally only see white people at walmart and my town is 40% ethnic. All the ethnics shop at food basics and price chopper

Your fault for not shopping at white stores. Fuck off, mongrel.

Dude, he's a hapa. He probably already wants to kill himself every day. Don't be rude.

Can vouch for this. Im a flip and my flip managers always give the freshest and even free things to fellow flips just for being the same race

I cant really explain why. It's kind of like an "oh we came from the same pacific islands, we are closer than just mere strangers" instinct. I do it too sometimes but it's not like I treat whites or other races poorly

No.

Dude, being hapa is fucking cool. All my hapa friends are chill, don’t let racism bring you down.

This. I'm there to buy spices, loose leaf tea and weeb snacks, all for much better prices than you'd get elsewhere. I don't care what the regulars think.

you guys need to see a therapist. no one gives a shit. I go to supermarkets in chinatown where i will be the only non-asian person in a see of 100 chinese people. They don't care.

They especially don't care if you are actually buying groceries (vegetables, spices, meat, tea, etc.)

If you are some blue-haired teenagers going in to only buy mochi or poky then yeah, they might chuckle under their breath

>Eye opening
kek

If you spend enough time on Veeky Forums, you begin to notice patterns. The same threads showing up sometimes as much as 30 times a day (like the atheism threads with the Neverending Story girl picture on /b/ that show up constantly for the last 4 years, and what /pol/ calls 'slide threads' where you can actually tell the OP only posted 1 time because of IDs), sometimes once a month. This is one of those threads. It's the 4th time I've seen this thread in the last year.

I have a theory that Veeky Forums itself generates threads based on traffic data from previous iterations. That is, it remembers popular threads and clones them. By keeping reply counts high, it makes the board look busier than it is plus generates clicks and ad revenue.

Pussy-Pass. Never fails. The clerk was just responding to tits.

goo for you, goo for you

>Dude, being hapa is fucking cool.

I feel quite at home. I hate it if I ever happen to go with my mom though because she asks the merchandisers at lee lees who probably just eat mcdonalds and dont know english for information on food products. Or even worse she goes and asks some old asian lady in the produce section.

No just literal autism. It just people making the same shit because its entertaining to them. Ever heard about Brandon who used to constantly post on /soc/? He essentially just posted pictures of himself asking if he was ugly and other shit like that.

I do however believe there are some underground groups that really force memes on certain boards until they pick up traction on their own.

That was my mom the other day
>go to shopping center in NJ
>shopping center has Indian farmers market
>mom and I go in there because fruit was super cheap
>realize we're the only white people in there. Everyone else is either Indian or Pakistani.
>mom looks at the noodles
>"OMG user LOOK AT THIS PACKAGING. IT'S SO FUNNY"
>go to freezer section
>"WHAT ARE SAMOSAS? ARE THEY GOOD?
>"WHAT IS CHUTNEY? IS THAT SPICY?"
I felt super awkward

>and only ever buy mochi ice cream

As a white person, that's pretty true.
Although I also like buying packages of udon noodles and bok choy when I go to my local Asian supermarket. But I always do get mochi ice cream. Shit is delicious.

I will never understand this. They open a store in a country that is a melting pot of people and are getting money despite the customer being white.

How fucking autistic are you fucking people?

I got to my local asian market all the time, and besides from not knowing what anything is due to being a spic, I generally work my way around. I occasionally ask whomever is working there or shopping for some help translating shit and whantot.

How autistic are you people?

Also, why are you mocking people that don't speak english? That sounds pretty racist.

Fat american buying all of the sauces and all of the heat and eat shit + rice seasonings and shit is the most hilarious things ever. I don't trust chinese seafood and shit, so it's always a durables + junk food run.

Weird how this thread shows that multiculturalism is a lie in the United States, when we can't even fucking unite in a god damn grocery store. Fuck me.

>theory that Veeky Forums itself generates threads based on traffic data from previous iterations
I've just always assumed this, not even questionable enough in my mind to call it a theory.

>Do you think it's weird to see a white person in an Indian or Asian supermarket?
I pass for white and delivered to these filthy habibs and dogeaters
Seeing white folks in the made me think white people are not so fucked over they may even had some taste and culture worth something afterall ... i know its not true but i hate to think such doubts are unreasonable

>tfw shop in Latino grocery stores

Truly the best

>go to Korean market
>load up on pork belly, short ribs, whatever vegetables look decent, frozen dumplings, various snacks, and drinks
>pay for my items and leave
I don't get why it would be weird for anyone to shop at a store unless you're already a weirdo autist.

We love white customers. They buy our overpriced "microwave dinners" and they will usually pay, not like your blacks.

>Indian supermarket
If there's no listed prices avoid them like the plague. Pajeets charge you what they want, I used to go to this place in my area that is completely filled with Indians for cool shit and thought it was kinda expensive. Then I go with an Indian friend and suddenly the same shit costs less than half of what it did before.

>He got poo'd

Does anyone else remember those "ok /b/ you put the pizza on the bananas" threads

Just about everything is cheaper at asian and hispanic markets, so I try to shop there when I can instead. Produce is always a fucking steal.

>Also, why are you mocking people that don't speak english?
I don't think they're mocking them intentionally. They legitimately believe that speaking in "broken" english and yelling really loudly makes it easier to communicate.

>That sounds pretty racist.
Settle down, paco. The whites get very upset when you call them racist. The preferred word is "culturally underprivileged".

tha'ts not a farmers market

>back to rebblit for you

>Also, why are you mocking people that don't speak english? That sounds pretty racist.
not racist to expect epople tos peak language of country they living in

i learned russian when i lived in russia. not perfectly by any means, but enough to communicate day to day

>Be black
>Go to asian super market
>Don't feel watched at all
>Go to regular super market owned by hispanics
>Stares and looks all the time

That's fucking backwards

Its only weird when the white people are fat and obvious otakus, because they have nothing but pocky, topo, and other Japanese junk food.

Mocking someone learning the language is something only the biggest of fags do.

Its very common in France for instance

>I'm half Asian half white
>I guess that was the first time I experienced any kind of deeper racism
do you live in california, or hawaii?

I have a ton of Indian supermarkets in my area and I see more white people in them than Indians. The reason they moved to wherever you are in the first place is because they wanted more opportunity and they aren't going to shy away from more customers.

Holy fuck what an insufferable group of redditors in this thread.

How can you tell which of us are the Redditors?

Is it the Reddit spacing?

time for you to go back.

Weird only because they all talk in moonrunes and can't help you find shit

You should be nice to the Asians and let them know you are a nigger, FOBs can take a while to adjust to American lifestyles.

Theres a difference between the chinese who regularly refuse to learn the local language, and the ones who can hold a broken conversation.

This. If you're in the know, they will have some things in the back only available upon asking. These might be some rare fruit, or something they make fresh there, like a labor of love kind of thing and highly perishable. It's for the best clients and to make them happy. If you know the season for lychee, longan, yard long beans, scallion kimchee, or hard dough or coco bread, these aren't on the shelf for the regulars to oogle at, it's made by someone's aunt or driven up from Miami from someone's back yard in the family. Limited supplies! Be polite in mom and pop groceries and you might even get the suggestions when you stop in.

Aside from that, I buy coconut vinegar (from the phillipines I think), chili paste without garlic (indonesia), jamaican sodas and curry powder, wrappers for summer rolls, various pasta choices, fresh banana leaves or lemongrass, fresh kaffir, bags of sticky rice/short grain rice which subs for risotto, drink mixes or teas like honeydew melon, lichee tea or jasmine tea in the loose tea form, those jellies with coconut or mango inside the individual servings. Pandan scented chips. Japanese gummi candies, or green tea candy. I might buy bok choy, mushrooms or any other fresh produce of interest.

Can confirm. Just dont act like fucking logan paul and you are much welcomed.

>let them know you are a nigger
What's the point of this?

/pol/ invasion is only continuing to ruin Veeky Forums.

by going to a normal grocery store. they all carry baby bok

Every thing ruins fourchan.
Fourchan ruins fourchan

They obviously aren't familiar with the North American Dindu Niggerus Kleptonus.

>I do however believe there are some underground groups that really force memes on certain boards until they pick up traction on their own.
This is true. My group of friends and I would sometimes spam threads on various boards for the sake of making a joke or something take off. It wasn't ever successful, but if our little group has done it I can guarantee there are far more resourceful and cancerous discord, IRC, whatever servers doing the same

Slightly off topic, but I'm headed to a japanese grocery store today after work to get takoyaki sauce and a couple other things. Anyone have any recommendations for other things I need or recipes I should try while I'm there?

Pick up one of the college aged girls looking for a green card and make her your 5 year waifu.

no, I go to a few in my town and don't give a shit what people think. the indian and asian places has ingredients I won't find anywhere else and a mexican grocery has cheap as shit produce

Nah, I just bought an onahole. Way cheaper and less maintenance than even a green card gf

That's just sad.

No? I do find it funny that white people have to oo and aa at every little thing, then buy a thing of pocky.

Yo, shut up about the mogwai, less the pale skins find out our secret infinite meat source.

Would the typical white person need any tips to make themselves seem serious if they, say, need help finding something, or is there mere fact that they're asking for a specific product enough for you to take them seriously? I felt like the girl was laughing at me when I called up to ask if they carried takoyaki sauce.

Not really that weird nowadays, maybe 10 years ago. If it's a smaller shop, maybe a little, but if you have a big supermarket sized Asian grocery store, it's super diverse. There's one such grocery store closeby, and it's always full of Hispanics, Africans, Slavic, regular Ameriwhites, etc in addition to Asians.

Gotta go to the Super H Mart to get my Bacchus D and while I'm there maybe get some dae ji bulgogi at Omi next door. Or some Chicken Plus 1.

Carry a sword and wear a wicker wok hat.

Would a kimono be better?