Take the Qur'an challenge! If you think the Qur'an is so wrong...

Take the Qur'an challenge! If you think the Qur'an is so wrong, write your own damn holy book and see how well you do in comparison! :D

(protip: You won't be able to write anything even one millionth as good as the Qur'an)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DxT8pxKa0Q
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-d-islam/le-seminaire-coranique-1
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-dislam/le-seminaire-coranique-2
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-dislam/le-seminaire-coranique-3
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-dislam/le-seminaire-coranique-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jazak allah khair 7abibi

am i allowed to plagiarise the bible like the quran did?

>Alif Lam Meme

>Praise God, the most high, the most merciful

>Repeat 1000 times

There, literally as good as the Quran

There are many who have succeeded in it but of course you'd deny it. You won't look at it objectively when your mind is so brainwashed you disgusting fuck. Get the fuck out of here with this shit.

Al mutanabi is an example of someone who can mimic the Qur'an's writing, which is really not as good as you think but what can I expect from a dirty sand nigger Muslim. Oh god do I fucking hate you.

Look at what your stupid belief has done to the Arabic countries, it's unbearable to live there. I absolutely hate you and everyone like you who has made my life so miserable.

Theres thousands of chapters in the Bible which are al better than anything you can find in the Koran. I read the Koran and it is a piece of trash. Nobody thinks it has any literary value, not even Muslims can point to one chapter and claim thatit is a literary masterpiece. Name me one chapter in your pagan book that you think is 10/10 and I will easily show you a Psalm that is far better.

All the chapters sound the same as well, because it's just the same formulaic phrases getting copy pasted loads of times.

>implying the Koran has any literary value whatsoeve

Take the Bible challenge! If you think the Bible is wrong, write your own holy book and see how well you do in comparison! :D

(protip: You won't be able to write anything even one millionth as good as the Bible, and even secular and atheist people would agree).

Try and find a single sura in your sandnigger book that is better than this, a good luck finding it:

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=-DxT8pxKa0Q

In Hebrew it's even better

Apparently OP thinks this nobody can write anything better than this crap:

And Solomon inherited David. He said, "O people, we have been taught the language of birds, and we have been given from all things. Indeed, this is evident bounty."
And gathered for Solomon were his soldiers of the jinn and men and birds, and they were [marching] in rows.
Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."
So [Solomon] smiled, amused at her speech, and said, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to do righteousness of which You approve. And admit me by Your mercy into [the ranks of] Your righteous servants."
And he took attendance of the birds and said, "Why do I not see the hoopoe - or is he among the absent?
I will surely punish him with a severe punishment or slaughter him unless he brings me clear authorization."
- Chapter 27 of the Koran

Solomon having an army of chickens and genies? Talking to ants? Getting angry because a bird was late for an appoitnent?
WTF is this retarded shit? Even the Hunger Games, Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey is better written than this crap.

Good job at getting the holy Quran being desecrated by these ignorant infidels OP

Let's see how "great" this Book is, if sandniggers love it so uch it must be of high qua-

"Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?
Did He not make their plan into misguidance?
He sent ranks of birds against them,
Striking them with stones of hard clay,
And He made them like eaten straw."

This is a Muslim moon-worshipping faggot's idea of good literature, apparently (if they even bothered to read this shitty fanfic instead of only singing it in Arabic so they can ignore/avoid the terrible writing and shitty content.

One where the infidels are impossibly strong and somehow take over the earth. They force Muslims to live in underground caverns. But suddenly the Muslims discover ancient alien powered armor and rebel against the infidel overlords who have developed their own power armor.

It's only good in Arabic OP, for the way it imitates the style of the old poetry of Al-Jahiliyyah period, when you read the translated versions you'll never see that, all what you get is the meanings while there's no style.
When Allah challenged those infedels to come up with something as good as the Quran, he was talking to those who have read the Arabic Quran not some translated version.

>be me
>open this thread
>read shitposts
>realize that this a divine calling from God
>write the greatest spiritual guide of all time

Muhammad was a year-600 Arab Shakespeare.

Just because it has beautiful language doesn't mean it contains true information, however.

Look at that, no one is able to present a single chapter or paragraph that even comes close to divine revelation. For all the baseless criticism, none can surpass the Qur'an.

>When Allah challenged
Guess how I know you're a brainlet. You have to be a complete, filled-to-the-brim moron to believe in the Qur'an at this point. There is no excuse for anyone with brains to believe in it. This book was easy to refute 1000+ years ago based on its easily falsifiable claims (like the Qur'an's false claims about what the Christians at the time believed), but today we have detailed linguistic and historical study of the Qur'an to know the reality of the Qur'an has nothing to do with what Muslims believe about its origin and nature.

If you understand French, you could start by listening to these podcasts:
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-d-islam/le-seminaire-coranique-1
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-dislam/le-seminaire-coranique-2
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-dislam/le-seminaire-coranique-3
franceculture.fr/emissions/cultures-dislam/le-seminaire-coranique-4

Read surahs Ar-Rahman, Al-Asr, At-Takathur, Al-Sharah, and Luqman. How can you deny this literary value? How can you shrug off the merit of the 2nd largest religion in the world?

You think good poetry in the Bible automatically equates to truth? The Bible has many areas of contradiction and corruption. The Qur'an is a book of truth, not one that relies on mere poetry. There is scientific, mathematical, historical, and existential truth to the Qur'an.

my philosophy is to live life
no mayor religion thinks of offering this

And the bible isn't easy to refute? Lmao

>my philosophy is to live life

This is much too vague.
What kind of life will you lead? Will you always be just or sometimes be selfish? Will you have love for humanity or love for indulgent pleasures? Will you be vengeful, cynical, and prideful...or will you be forgiving, merciful, and humble? Will you love God or make yourself out to be God?

These are important questions. They are important in this life and the Hereafter. Islam (and most religions), at their base, call for kindness, mercy, and good will towards humankind.

What part of the Qur'an contains false information?

This is historical fact. There was indeed an army that brought elephants to defeat the early Muslims. They failed. Imagine that! Imagine having defeated an army of elephants with your own small desert army. It would be like ordinary people going up against tanks or machine guns--and winning. This undoubtedly motivated the early Muslim community. You're underestimating the influence this event had and why it's even mentioned in the first place. It was a sign of God.

>Not understanding allegories
>Not understanding metaphors
>Not seeing the need to have a chapter directed at children, in a way they could understand
>Not finding the inner truth of what the chapter is trying to convey

Try reading commentaries of what people have actually thought of this surah. No one has taken it literally. A deeper truth has always been understood.

these are good questions, i don't have the answers but thanks for posing them

AFAIK Muhammad copied the ancient Greek oracles and got high huffing natural gas fumes in a cave. Why would I believe any of it?

>holy book
the concept is inherently WRONG, why would i

It has already been done by a single person! Thus spoke Zarathustra is better!

al-gharaniq

Why is it wrong?

If we exist, surely existence comes from something greater (God). And if God exists, then surely he wouldn't leave creation to fend for itself, alone. God would communicate messages through visions and codified texts, like the Tawrat, Injeel, and Qur'an.

And other texts we don't know about or that have since been changed, corrupted, or destroyed. To every nation, a prophet has been sent.

>copied the ancient Greek oracles

based

>implying you can understand the literary value of something by reading its English TRANSLATION
Lol OP and everyone in this thread is autistic

>too many surelies
Dude. Srs.

I doubt you could convince a dog of this argument. soz mate.

>actually believes God speaks Arabic

The Qur'an was given in Arabic to make it understandable to Muhammad (pbuh), but this itself is a translation of God's holy will and intention. The message had to pass from God to the angel Gabriel, and then to Muhammad (pbuh).

the bible and hindu vedas are so much better in terms of literary value, the qur'an is so god damn repetitive.

Isn't it eternal? So the arabic isn't the actual eternal Quran?

>Abraham was the father of Isaac, and Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, and Judah the father of Perez and Sarah by Tamar, and Hezron the father of Ram, and Ram the father of Amminadab, and Amminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon, and Salmon the father of Boaz by Rabah, and Boaz the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of David the king. And David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah, and Solomon the father of Rehoboam, and Rehoboam the father of Abijah, and Abijah the father of Asa, and Asa the father of Jesophat, and Jesophat the father of Joram and Joram the father of Uzziah, and Uzziah the father of Jotham, and Jotham the father of Ahaz, and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah, and Hezekiah the father of Manasseh--

AND SO ON, AND SO ON.

The Bible is loaded with boring geneologies, logical contradictions, historical inaccuracies, and pagan-influenced theology (the Trinity).

The Qur'an is sometimes repetitive to emphasize something, but it does so in a way that instructs or enlightens people. There isn't a single verse in the Qur'an which is completely without purpose or meaning for the modern-day. None is obsolete, or "abrogated."

Islamic theologians and scholars have disputed this for a long time.

Some believe the Qur'an is uncreated because it's the speech of God. Others believe the Qur'an was a created thing of God.

In either case, it was transferred through medium. If the argument is that a medium or translation inherently changes a message, then the angel Gabriel couldn't possibly have given the message exactly as God would have, because this would mean having to equate the angel Gabriel's ability to recite the Qur'an equal to God's.

So what's the point of Alif Lam Meem?

What's the point of the story about Jesus making birds from clay? Which comes from the christian non-canon Infancy Gospel of Thomas.

There are many interpretations of what Alif Lam Meem could mean. You should look up something called the Qur'an Code. It's also possible this was simply the initials of the first reciters to inscribe these surahs into paper.

The Qur'an itself tells us that some verses will be more clear than others and that the mysteries within the message will be made clear at a later date by God and he will give answer to what we disagreed on.

As for the story of Jesus, this is an emphasis on how much power God granted one of his very best prophets. It also says that Jesus was only able to breathe life into the clay bird "by God's permission." It goes back to God being the supreme authority over life and death, not Jesus.

You're over thinking it. A translated version of an original text will never have exactly the same linguistic impact as the original text, although the meaning might be the same.

Pierre Menard, author of the Quran.

And God's infinite message having a beginning, middle, and end, with human-perceived vibrations given by a human prophet (not God), who heard it from an angel (also not God), isn't itself an infinitely greater leap in translation?

If translating from the divine to the mortal is possible, translating from Arabic to English is possible as well. Yes, it loses a lot of its effect and ideally one would learn Arabic, but the meaning of the Qur'an stays the same.

the qu'ran is 90 percent 'blah blah hypocrites blah blah hell blah blah wrath of god blah blah punishments'

the bible's first books contain lots of boring genealogy and rules it's true, but the bible is actually very diverse, it's books span centuries of history and were written for different purposes including beautiful poetry.

the qu'ran is like an extensive rant by an angry madman about how cross god is about literally everything for hundreds of pages.

Shirty fucking bait. Sage and wait for thread to die

literally or form a mythological historical perspective???

...oh boy, you religious gooks really have scrambled shit for brains, causally mentioning you
your book got it right and trying to imply that your BELIEVES stand for anything whatsoever... they don't, dear

all those are ancient mythical abstractions. layers upon layers of folklore... probably traceable to the most rudimentary of ideas that probably even existed in our fore-ancestors monkey brains before they could even stand upright.
.. how stupid can one be to believe such stuff..
it is a great treasure to have nonetheless as historical source, as a way to understand how our culture, civilization and morality came to be...

why are you baiting us into an argument whether there is anything supernatural in those old religions texts??????????

a TRUE
... RELIGION

let that sink into you "true , religion"

that shit's an oxymoron on itself .

Why do you abuse taqiyya to prevent "infidels" from knowing that Mohammad's (Piss be upon him) later "kill all infidels" teachings abrogate his earlier "love everyone" teachings? I mean, your life isn't in danger or anything when you lie about your religion like that.

Or is it?

>The Bible has many areas of contradiction and corruption
This is what a brainlet looks like: a fucking muslim.

Iliad > quran

because we lack the necessary preconditions for writing such a piece.

DFW was right, but there's no faking sincerity. Nobody who lives a first-world 21st century life could possibly write a piece to rival the Iliad.

You haven't read the Qur'an in full or with an open mind. It's mostly about God, loving God, and the story of Moses and Muhammad. It's mostly about defending the oppressed and subduing evil. It's about justice and about peace; it's about tolerance and equality before God.

>gooks

I understand ignorance of Islam but why are you being racist? Why was your response so incoherent?

>Why was your response so incoherent?
They're your typical, up their own ass, angry atheist.

Religion = a cosmological or metaphysical order of existence

It's not inherently false just because you don't believe. The vast sum of all humanity throughout most of human history has had a religion, and most of philosophy has dealt with religion or Theism broadly, in various ways. It's not something to shrug off or take lightly. You aren't correct by definition. This is still very much a point of dispute and disagreement.

Here is my holy book.

Holy book, first revised

Be good, use your brain

Abrogation is a concept made up by theologians centuries after Muhammad died. It's not anywhere close to true.

Taquiyya is something invented by Shia Muslims, and it's only applicable when your life is in danger. My life isn't in danger so I have no reason to lie. I'm actually openly claiming to be a Muslim, not denying my religion to keep from being persecuted.

The Qur'an, when taken chronologically is consistently about peace and closeness to God. There is no division between good verses and bad verses. All verses come from God.

Have you even read the Gospels? There are very clear areas of contradiction between the first 3 gospels and the gospel of John.

Jesus never claimed to be divine. It was only until the Gospel of John that he claims this. He speaks to God as a distinct being ("O God forgive them for they know not what they do"), as one would not speak to oneself.

>opposes Qur'an because it's full of violence
>likes the Iliad, which is full of much more violence

A very short summary of the Qur'an. Not bad at all.

But it could be expanded on.

>peace and closeness to God
Not good enough. Peace and closeness to fellow man, or get the fuck out.

What if I said you could love your fellow man AND the creator of your fellow man?

The Qur'an emphasizes love and peace with your fellow man as well as God. These 2 things aren't distinct. I love God for having made humanity, and I love humanity because it's a product of God. The 2 things are interrelated. God would not be God without being a Creator and humankind would be nonexistent were it not for God.

You make 5 baseless assumptions in that post alone. You try to give reason of rationale but following rationale we would minimise assumptions and not make disingenuous/nonrigorous conclusions using those assumptions, you simply make them to come to a predefined conclusion, working backwards. Either believe in what you will and shut the fuck up, don't pretend it has any basis in truth or reality, or reproach your beliefs with actual rationale. Beyond language games and the "aha!"s of the unknown. You cannot justify them with it, it doesn't work.

/pol/ was a mistake