Rate my stack? Picked these up at the used book store for about $250, I think it was a good haul

Rate my stack? Picked these up at the used book store for about $250, I think it was a good haul.

gay

8/8

250? You got ripped off pretty badly. If estimate you got took for at least 100

Fucking hell, $250?
That's not usd right?

i got twice this amount of books for under $50 once... shit ton of vollmann in there too

library bookstores are the best

>14 visibly used books
>$250

It's like $17 a book. Buying new copies off amazon would be cheaper.

>Welcome to Lampshadeberg Goldstein's Used Books!

thats a shit fidget spinner, senpai.

$250 for 14 used paperbacks? Are you shitting me? I'm almost positive buying all those books new on amazon would be cheaper.

$40 for the nortons and $6 for the father brown.
Not really sure why I bought the theory and criticism though, seems a bit difficult to read and understand.
Anyone got this edition? Favourite selections? I've only read ion and aristotle's poetics so far.

>Reluctant 10.53
>Lame Deer - 5.97
>Gay Science - 9.46
>Life After Life - 9.95 (fucking terrible book btw)
>Beyond G&E - 6.99
>Discourse on the Origin of Inequality - 9.50
>Elegant Uni - 9.65
>Coco Puffs - 10.49
>Political Writing - 8.95
>Penguin Zarathustra - 11.91
>Germinal - 5.72
>Oxford Complete Works of Aristotle 46.70
>Philosophy of History - 10.71
>Ethics - 10.16

Prices of these books new on Amazon. You'll notice I priced the complete Aristotle instead of just Politics. It still comes out cheaper at $166.69. You got fucking screwed my friend.

lol what a fucking retard

Not only are your books broken, but your brain is also broken.

underrated

Holy shit, this is embarrassing.

Quick! everyone laugh at op

>I think it was a good haul.
The real problem is that you don't think.

>lots of Veeky Forums core
>fidget spinner
>fidget spinner
>$250
I think we're being rused.

Seriously why are any of you morons falling for this

Is this bait? You could probably get these all new on amazon for under $250. When I get 14 used books, it costs under $20 (library/thrift stores) or $100 (every other used book store). Where the hell do you live that you have to pay $15-20 per battered used paperback?
Pictured: one day's haul from my university's English dept--they have bookcases which the profs throw unwanted books into when their offices fill up, and you can take them home for free, or drop some off.

shit

Pretty sure OP meant $2.50...

>for this
As an Australian, I can assure you buying used books nowhere near as good a deal as Americans get on here, at least in my experience. Used books are at best 75% retail price. None are ever $1-2 each. Or alternatively, if you are looking online for a bargain used book normally worth $35 new, it might be $12, but for whatever reason shipping is insanely expensive, which totalled together equals the retail price.

I get books used at $1-2 at op shops all the time, do you live in melbourne/sydney?
As for buying books used online, have you tried buying them from overseas?
That's the cheapest way for me.
But yeah europeans and americans have it way better online since the books are usually $1 but the shipping to australia's $5-6 which although is still miles cheaper than australian retail isn't optimal.

Dude, go to Lifeline book fairs. They are incredible for used books. Some as low as $2, at most $10 or so. Usually really great selections too.

You better fuckin' mean 25$ my man

Well for example, I want to buy this Aristotle collection which I happened to be looking at earlier. I found a bargain on eBay for a like-new copy, which would be around $12 AUD, but then the fucking shipping is $41.

Its like this for every book on the internet. I'm sure its a regulation that i'm not aware of. The more the book is below the retail price, the more expensive the shipping. Almost everything comes out the same price, if not more than, the retail or Bookdepository price - including used books.

In trendy areas/big cities this is exactly how it is.

And these fags wonder why they're losing to amazon.

No guns, furnace temperatures, Christmas at 35°C in midsummer, shittons of deadly vermin on land and in the water, petrol huffing abos, no auto industry, not even the muslim invasion was stopped in time, and now I hear even used books are expensive ... I hope I am mistaken, but the more I hear about Australia the shittier it sounds.

>Its like this for every book on the internet.
Mm. Depends. I think that just applies to people doing it personally, instead of professionally. I've never had this problem on amazon, but all the time on ebay. It's just that shipping is stupid expensive. My dad who lives in the states used to shell out 50-100 bucks sending me two pound packages overseas. It's stupid, but that's why you gotta be smart. If you live in europe, only order in europe. If I had to have something from the states, I'd have it shipped to my father. Or, you buy it from asia for pennies on the dollar, but then you have to wait two months. It's all cost evaluation.

It's not a bargain if you don't take into account shipping. I always sort by total price and I've bought about a two dozen books from europe and america.
Small sellers cannot afford to give competitive shipping like large companies can and they often inflate the price of shipping.
Also you shouldn't expect sellers to have every book used for sale. People who would buy and read aristotle are rare, therefore it's not a surprise that the prices aren't great since the number of used copies floating about on the internet is minuscule.
Popular classics can be found easily and very cheaply online and occasionally lesser known books as well. You shouldn't expect to just have it all handed to you on a plate.
Have you actually been to a physical used book store before though? Have you tried abebooks?

I'm an Australian and I use AbeBooks.

Is Boswell's Life of Johnson an abridged edition? I am reading an unabridged edition right now. It is enjoyable, but there are a lot of details, and I mean a LOT. Boswell even describes how Johnson cut his nails.

Asterix is patrician af

not that user but we still get played through the mailing on abebooks too. on some books that mailing uptick doesn't even make it worth it to try for secondhand copies..

Wow I was going to talk about some of these books but it's all a big cluster fuck

If you went to half-priced books you would have only paid $68 for all those.

It's 250 dollar beans. Which means 250 green beans. Now, each bean has 5-6 inside. So it costed him something between 1250-1500 beans.

yo, he got fuckin' jipped.

Am I getting ripped off lads?

nice fidget spinner faggot

Yeah, agreed. We're cucked antipodes. Book Depository is always there if you need.

No, BD is cheap. You can always check AbeBooks for cheaper (often used) books, especially if you're in the States. Also, why are you bothering with these memes? You scream crusty redditor

You know what's better than pussy?

A really good book!

You actually paid for books with broken spines? Dude...

You can get the entire Proust modern library series for like 60 dollars man.

The only meme there is Solzhenitsyn. I want to read Kant so i'm reading the rationalist and empiricist thinkers beforehand

Hook me up with a link.

user.. easy on the swindles

could be cheaper but p reasonable considering how long some of those fucks are.

My local library (college town) has like 3 of those for $1USD each.