Found a mouse made a hole in a bag of rice and ate some

Found a mouse made a hole in a bag of rice and ate some.

Will I be plague-ridden if I wash and cook it?

The rice, not the mouse.

Well, I guess the mouse too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunta_virus
youtube.com/watch?v=nsoVcrFyrF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno, dude. Unless I was starving, I think I would throw it away. The cost of a bag of rice isn't worth the risk. You need to check everything in your kitchen for mouse shit now and toss or disinfect everything suspicious. Put all your food in containers and clean your place better.

what this user said.

If you're a cat you'll be just fine. otherwise I'd just get another bag of rice.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna toss it. I usually keep my rice in a big tupperware container but I was visiting my parents for xmas and they were like here, we bought too much rice and gave me a bigger bag than I usually get so like half of it had to stay in the bag while the other half fit in the container.

I have roommates who are messy as fuck. But the rest of my stuff is on the highest shelf of the pantry so it should be fine.

I am gonna thoroughly clean anything before I use it though.

I think you guys are being overly paranoid.
Odds are there's been a bunch of mice and rats all over your rice at whatever shithole they dry and bag it in.

I bought a bag of chips once and I ate a few and then I noticed one of the bottom corners was nibbled up. I didn't get sick but I did throw the bag away.

>want to go eat
>afraid mouse is going to jump out from beneath stove and bite my toes
I know it's irrational but my brain won't let go of the idea.

So what should I order?

A bag of mice from petsmart

Some balls

This is really fucking dumb user. The mouse is smart enough to wait until you are asleep before biting you so you have nothing to worry about while cooking.

A cat and dildo, faggot

Then use shoes, you dumbass.

They never bite you unless you grab them with your bare hands. They will sometimes dart out of hiding and run across your feet, which can be pretty startling.

Sucks that you live with slobs. You need to have a house meeting about leaving food out and food crumbs on the floor and counters. As for checking the kitchen, I meant like all the cabinets and cupboards from the waist down. Chances are pretty good there's a nest somewhere in there in the back and little mouse shits in some of the pots, pans and dishes. Another place they can hide is in the bottom broiler drawer in ovens where a lot of people store baking sheets. It's pretty frustrating when one day you're cooking and reach into the cupboard for a bowl and there's a couple mouse turds in it.

Never mind, it's jumping around in the pantry now. Rummaging through the food.

So yeah, fun

Oh, lucky! trap it in there by wedging a towel under the door and go find a mouse dispatching implement or go buy some traps. Lol. Consider all food at ground level a potential loss at this point. Do not let it escape somewhere you won't be able to find it again. Remember, it knows how to get into your house now.

Alright here's what you're gonna do:
>head over to your nearest petstore
>buy a small rodent cage
>go home and put the mouse in the cage
>start domesticating it slowly until you gain its full trust
>train it to raid other people's pantries
>enjoy free food every night as your pet mouse discreetly raids your neighbors' pantry while they have no idea how to counter your super intelligent mouser
Or alternatively, you could make some mouse stew. idk.

That fucker was like on the third racking. About 4 feet up. Pretty sure anything not in a metal container is a loss.

So glue or snapping trap?

Snapping trap. More humane.

I think the glue ones are more reliable and less messy. Also, the snapping ones miss sometimes. After you catch it, bag it up and dispatch it with a stomp so it doesn't suffer. Good luck.

hanta virus is pretty much ebola.

it's a hemorrhagic fever.

you'll bleed out your ass.

I'll be back in a bit

How fucking poor are you, Jesus Christ man it's rice. Just throw it out.

Fug the mouse

Yep, hantavirus is aids. This guy's gonna have to lysol everything in his pantry now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunta_virus

FDA thinks it's just a matter of
A E S T H E T I C S

capture it alive and crucify it as a warning to its mouse brethren

snippy.gif it.

If you look at OP's posts, it appears he didn't realize yet the risks of a mouse infestation. A lot of people don't. This is why chefs go code red when they find mouse shit in their kitchens.

this

Chefs tend to go code red because they realize they've been shitty chefs after they realize they can't accurately judge the state of their kitchen. At the very least it ends up being a take everything down sort of thing so we can evaluate the situation (which we should have been doing all along as we do anything in the kitchen). If they KNOW it is not an issue with their storage or cleanliness, they just put out a trap, but they may do a full evaluation anyway just because it doesn't hurt anything and chefs love to hear the groans of cooks.

Put glue traps out. Just gotta wait now

Fuck y'all, I'm not opening the link.

Pretty fucking poor, but am gonna throw it out.

I moved into an apartment in an old, unsealed building and had a single mouse that was really going for it. I bought new food containers, hid dry goods on shelves it couldn't reach, and thought I'd solved the problem. A few weeks later I brought home some loose leaf tea and left it in a plastic bag in the cabinet and that faggot found it within hours.

You're gonna have to set a trap and kill the mouse OP, it's the only way you know it's gone.

Exactly, and just one more reason to always rinse your rice until the water runs clear before you cook it (besides the other reasons you should do it).

Roommate has a couple boxes of teabags and hamburger buns on his shelf and the two times I've seen/noticed it in the pantry, that's where it's been hanging out.

Put some glue traps on the door of the pantry and around the oven cause that's where it ran to before.

I'm thinking I should've bought the big ass rat traps instead of the smaller mouse traps, but hopefully it's enough.

Skaven do it agaain!

The wikipedia page isn't graphic or anything. Basically, the virus is transmitted through inhalation or ingestion of mouse feces and urine. It causes hemorrhaging, renal failure and painful death in humans. It used to be very rare, but now it kills 700ish people a year in the US, and keeps spreading globally. I'm just trying to help you out. It's not the 1950's anymore. I wasn't joking about you needing to lysol the whole pantry now after you get rid of it.

Not the same. Hunta virus is time sensitive exposure to mouse urine and feces. This guy has fresh, potentially infected shit in his kitchen right now. Odds are slim, but they are exponentially greater than a random mouse turd bagged in your rice months ago.

>went to go take out laundry
>pops out from behind laundry machine
Fuck everything, I might just move out

WEAR SOME FUCKING SHOES

>nearly homeless
>move in with relative
>old, lazy, hording disorder
>they are never wrong
>mouse shit everywhere
>pantry reeks of barnyard/urine odor
>have seen mice inside of gaps in stovetop range, in toaster, dead & stuck to carpets, mingling among the towels in the bathroom, squeezing under the bathroom door as I'm shitting at 3AM and making me jump up onto the toilet seat and my personal favorite: giving birth while stuck to a glue trap
>set more traps
>no catches
>clean out pantry
>twice
>go away for a few months
>come back
>pantry is mouse fiesta again
No idea what to do. I have no money for an exterminator. The house is old and there are tons of gaps and things for animals to get in and my family doesn't care.

There's about a dozen traps scattered around the house & the fuckers don't get got.

I know this feel.
Had a mouse jumping alongside me on my staircase while I was walking down once. I nearly shat myself because by the time I noticed it was like we were racing and it was getting serious air.
One false move and that fucker would have been scrambling up my shirt or something and I would have had to kill myself and burn down the house.

Can confirm the missing.
Had one get a leg snapped off or maybe it chewed it off, I don't know.

Trail of mouse blood and a little leg on the fucking carpet.
And a hopping mouse.

Mice, like rats, leave urine and semen trails everywhere they go. This is how cats are so good at finding them (UV spectrum they see makes the fluids glow).

Use a snap trap and kill it before you have a full blown mouse infestation.

>Highest shelf in the pantry

not really safe buddy. Mine are fucking acrobats.

Mice not mine.

Yeah, hoped I was good but when I next saw it in the pantry, it had climbed several feet like it was nothing but it seems to like my roommate's stuff so hopefully it'll stop there.

Welp, I set out some traps and let the front office know about it. They're usually pretty quick to fix stuff in the apartment so hopefully they'll send somebody out tomorrow with better traps or something.

What did you bait it with?

Peanut butter

Plague? No. The problem is piss and feces. Pretty gross, but so long as you put it in boiling water it should kill any bacteria.

Probably less feces than shrimp with the vein still in.

I had 2 field mice get inside this summer. Got both of them by setting up a heavy glass bowl on top of a quarter that was on its edge and some peanut butter on the inside side of the quarter.

I was going to keep them as pets but I didn't have anything to keep them in and didnt want to go buy a cage.

>”giving birth while stuck to a glue trap”

youtube.com/watch?v=nsoVcrFyrF8

Get a mouser and clean your house retard.

>Peanut butter
>Mouse trap

You're fucking something up if you get ZERO mice with that.

put a fork into a electricity socket and put peanut butter on the fork, within the day you will have a TACTICAL NUKE INBOUND, the smell of roasted rat will only attract more

I had peanut butter granola bars in my room. I woke up and heard weird sounds. Turned on the light and there was a mouse looking at me while munching granola bars. Bought poison pellets and don't have that problem anymore. If they're dying, just step on them. I threw the granola out if that's helpful to you.

There really wouldn't be much of a risk if you cook the rice, user.

Wash and cook the mouse, they're good eating.

>shoes
>indoors
this has to be some kind of euro thing.

>sitting behind pc
>suddenly some noice behind my pc case
>move head forward
>mouse runs across the desk and looks at me in complete fear
It was pretty qt, but it's still a pest.

You can always keep it for forearm work or in case you get some electronic wet. That's what I did with a big bag of brown rice I simply got sick of eating.