What's some good food to buy in bulk that's cheap? Apparently ramen is like poison

What's some good food to buy in bulk that's cheap? Apparently ramen is like poison

Yoghurt. I buy it by the barrel and eat 3/4 gallons a day on average. It's got all the macros you need.

beans
rice
eggs
frozen veggies

Flour
Rice
Beans
Any sort of legume
Eggs (dem 60 packs)
Frozen fruit
Frozen vegetables
Frozen chicken

Dehydrated milk and eggs.

pixie stix
freezer pops
toilet paper
nuggers

You can't buy the last one on that list anymore I don't think

This
Also

Farina: slightly more expensive than oats, but crazy fortified with vitamins, just make sure to make it with milk or you won't get any of the fat-soluble ones.

Sardines: Where I live if you have a store card you can get a 3.6oz tin for $1. They give you all of your omega-3s and 25g of protein each.

>3/4 gallons of yogurt a day
Assuming flavoured because otherwise that's bland af. How fat are you?

Potatoes

Non-perishables.

>pasta
>pasta sauce
>cans (tuna, sardines, beans, peas, etc)
>UHT milk
>seeds and nuts
>rice
>spices
>frozen goods
>vegemite, jam, honey
>liver pate and anchovie paste
>i'm hungy now

Are canned fruits/veggies a good alternative to frozen shit? I am asking for a friend who may or may not have a freezer because I am a poorfag. I mean he is.

Oil

Better than not eating veggies at all, imo,

I used to eat canned peas and beetroot a lot and I'm not dead.
Pickled onions and gherkins are awesome too. Olives too.

I think you should pass on the canned veggies, 0 taste but canned fruits are ok.

>not buying plain greek yogurt and adding your own canned peaches

>eating trash
rice.

People do this at school but I don't understand why. I just can't stomach it.

>being a snob because you eat canned fruit
what part of the midwest are you in?

Not OP,but how fast do you guys go through eggs? I feel like I don't have the time to go through a normal carton in a week. Granted maybe if I woke earlier I could manage to cook some fucking breakfast before work instead of bringing instant oatmeal to the office...

You can do a lot of stuff with plain yogurt. One week I made overnight oats using some yogurt, pumpkin, and some spices. Was like eating pumpkin pie filling, but without being as bad for you.

Depends. Some places (used to, at least) let you cut cartons for this reason. My family of four would grind through an 18ct a week, but on my own, I hardly need a dozen, depending on what recipes I'm doing.

You can cook eggs the night before and leave them with the shell on in the fridge. Next morning just peel, slice and put on some toast.

Sardines are god-tier bulk food

When I was poor I used eggs in damned near everything. Egg noodles (make a giant batch, portion, wrap in plastic, freeze for months at a time to thaw and roll out whenever). Sauces, burritos, sandwiches, dips. None of it is food that I would specifically avoid now, I just ate a lot more of that stuff then because it was so cheap. I went through at least a carton a week.

Interesting idea user. Got any other recommendations for overnight oats? Not too keen on pumpkin with yogurt.

Rice
Beans
Eggs
Potatoes

I'm a poorfag right now and my meals baisically revolve around eggs. Use at least 3 a day.

you can buy enough rice to kill an elephant for $10.

Just google overnight oats and you're bound to find stuff, that's all I did.

Bring a hard boiled egg or two to work with your oatmeal.

Any cereal grain; oats, barley, wheat, etc

Canned green beans, corn, beets, and tomatoes are all good. For fruit, canned pineapple, peaches, mandarin oranges, and applesauce. Some of the nutrition is lost in the canning process but a lot is still there. Better than nothing.

I did. Too hipster and too much effort for some oatmeal.

the point of overnight oats is that there's like no effort involved though, right? just mix it and eat it in the morning?

I'm sure all 27 omitted posts already say "rice and beans" but rice and beans.

Non-perishables like everyone else said. Also if you can find a natural foods store that has a good bulk bin section, it's a lifesaver. I will only buy chia seeds, goji berries, and hemp hearts that way.

>10 ingredients
> no effort
Oats should not be that complicated. If I had all that crap on hand then maybe.

Yeah that's too complicated. A good basic recipe is just oats, milk, chia seeds, agave or maple syrup, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and a little salt. I add a handful or blueberries or strawberries in the morning. Best in the summer.

>mandarin oranges
I like canned mandarin oranges but I feel like they're a different thing from regular ones

They're a lot more consistent in flavor and texture but because they're inundated in liquid the texture is different and the flavor feels a bit more... dull?

Ackshually, it can be argued that the real point of overnight oats is to soak them in an acid medium to remove the phytic acid which enhances their nutritional value. The fact that this helped them to cook faster was just an added bonus but over time that convenience became the dominant reason why people do it.

>Oats should not be that complicated.
Oats are only as complicated as you make them. You don't have to blindly obey all of the rules that are laid out in front of you.

Veggies are dirt cheap if you know where to find them. Asian supermarkets usually have big bags of damaged fruits and veggies for $1 or so.

Any starch and complex carbs really. Cheeses. canned sauces like tomato. Bulk up on fish my nigga... Shit's cheap at the moment and I don't even know why. Then dehydrated and dried things like milk and fruit. Then shit that lasts forever, like little snacks and crackers and shit.
>alcohol has an infinite shelf life by the way
I'd load up on those $1 packages of premade noodles like white cheddar shells and cheddar and broccoli flavored spiral noodles. Then go over to that peanut butter aisle and get you some powdered peanut butter. Next, go to the sauce aisle and bulk up on the shit that doesn't need to be refrigerated after being opened.

You can make your own yogurt very cheap and using the savings to buy the best quality milk you can afford to make it with.

Get you some egg substitute and go to the flour and grab a few containers of Fiber+Protein based stuff as well. Some high calorie, low cost bread is next. You want the most energy you can get from your food at the best price if you're trying to survive a SHTF scenario.

Water goes without saying. Any kind. Distilled, purified, whatever.

Okay yeah that's doable. Cheers

>Oats are only as complicated as you make them. You don't have to blindly obey all of the rules that are laid out in front of you.

Get a load of the oats jedi master right here

Then dehydrate it into protein powder.
Gotta get you those 13-15g protein Triple 0 Oikos whatevers.