How many of you actually use these meme skillets regularly?

How many of you actually use these meme skillets regularly?

I own one but I never use it, they are like 40lbs and a massive pain in the ass to use.

I use mine like every day, got some nice pork tendyloin I'm going to make later in it.

>How many of you actually use these meme skillets regularly?

why do dumb white kids think cast iron is a meme? you do realize that some households have used these for decades, often the same pan.

I use mine once or twice a week for a good was breakfast. Not a big beef eater so searing steak rarely happens in it. Mostly bacon and eggs

kek. don't be such a god damn little bitch and grow some muscle.

Probably because good white folk use stainless steel and not that niggerware

I use mine everyday. It belonged to grandma. It's going on 80+ years.

I have phases where I use certain cookware or techniques a lot. I recently used my cast iron almost exclusively for a week or so, was using my pressure cooker a lot before that, etc. I have a nice stainless steel pan that use throughout.
Like I start using something and I remember how fun it is to do so and I use it a bunch, then that happens with other stuff, and it continues in a kind of cycle when things inspire me.

Its more about not wanting to drop a 40 lb hunk of solid fucking metal on my tiled floor.

Fuck off back to your clan rally, white piece of shit. nobody care what you cook with.

I used to use cast iron all the time. I still use it for certain things, because my cast iron griddle and my big cast iron skillet are seasoned to perfection, smooth as glass.
But for most things, I use Magnalite Pro, because it just works so beautifully, heat so evenly, and the skillets still take on a sesoning.
I have a set similar to this, but with 2 more skillets and 2 more sauce pans ( in different sizes)

Did I strike a nerve dindu? Shame you guys couldn't afford any new cookware and had to use grandmammy's slab of iron for generations

>idiot proves self to be idiot, more at 11.

how often do you drop pots? Do you have cerebral palsy?

everyday

they're good for searing steaks but not much for anything else

I used to use it a lot, until someone gifted me one of those mottled anti-stick pans.
I never went back after that.
The concept of being able to cook whatever I wanted without even paying too much attention to it, and still leaving absolutely nothing on the pan afterwards blew my mind.

I haven't used a single non-antistick pan after that. The convenience is just so overwhelming that I don't care about whatever minuscule difference using different cookware is supposed to give.

Black person spotted

Have you never dropped a pot before dipshit? One drop is enough to shatter a tile.

I have a perfect combo.

A cast iron griddle flat top with a grill side and a flat side.

And instead of using a cast iron pan I use a Raw iron pan.

The griddle is for making stuff like Reubens and the grill bar side is great for grilling slices of bread for dips.

Raw Iron pans are for searing meats, or cooking hashbrowns.

aka Carbon Steel pan

>Thinking the blacks use cast iron and not teflon
Kill yourself.

You can't get chicken or make cornbread with Teflon user

I think it's usually white people that pass stuff like that on. It's called tradition. You'd know that if you weren't a degenerative piece of scum.

>i drop heavy things all the time
even more reason to gain some muscle.

Every night, i cook mostly on skillets. They are fine as long as you didnt throw food in it with cold oil, wait till the oil almost reaches its smoking point. Also, they need to be lighlty oiled after cleaning it.

Black purple don't make their own food anymore. They get take out and such
That's why the older blacks are all so obese

being an able bodied adult human of sound mind has its advantages. one is that i don't drop things. I bet your phone looks like a shattered piece of shit too.

not him but I have never dropped a pot nor a pan on the floor

>Black purple don't make their own food anymore. They get take out and such

I was going to immediately call you a racist, but then I realized this is pretty much what my parents do everyday. And yes, they'r big.

Only thing I use. I have a hand full of antiques. Also lighter then the new ones

>I was going to immediately call you a racist

Go back to plebbit or tumblr or whatever garbage dump you waddled in here from.

>Veeky Forumsbitchlet soibois crying about an 8lb pan being too heavy to use regularly

And this is why the word "racist" has lost all meaning or impact. It's literally a word liberals use as a knee jerk reaction when they don't like something somebody said.

I haven't

>Raw iron
Cooking on a slab of magnetite?

Not him, but you’re a massive faggot

I use mine a few times a week, everything has its application

I do a few times a week especially for steak and the likes

is the mem those weird pouring indentations or the hanging thing on the opposite side of the handle?

Except in this case he used it correctly. user made a dumb racially charged generalization, one that also applies to other Americans.

My mother gifted me one for Christmas. I don’t know how to care for it properly and haven’t used it yet. She said to cook bacon in it first to grease it up. I don’t know what this means

They’re too difficult to clean for daily use unless you’re a NEET

>being so poor your family has been reusing the same shitty cookware for decades
LMFAO. The absolute poverty of non-whites is hilarious.

every fucking day. It's no meme unless you don't know how to cook.

Do you like searing meat and stir-frying? Do you like browning, deglazing, and simmering/braising all in the same pan? Cast iron is typically the best tool for the home chef in these applications. Delicate items like fish and eggs, i'd probably go for something else. Literally anything else besides boiling water? cast iron.

>And this is why the word "racist" has lost all meaning or impact. It's literally a word liberals use as a knee jerk reaction when they don't like something somebody said.

1000% this.

Honest question, can you or somebody explain to me why racist statements are inherently wrong?

>user made a dumb racially charged generalization

Shut the fuck up you overly sensitive white fuck looking for racism when there is none. You don't get to decide what is 'racist' to us.

Saying something akin to "Chinese people eat rice" is only 'racist' to fucking liberals trying too hard to virtue signal.

How is making a generalization racist when statistically speaking blacks eat out more than they cook?

Do you understand that a cast iron pan is simply iron that has been melted and then cast into a shape?

You cook bacon in it, fucking retard.

I use mine exclusively. It works great for pretty much everything.

>How is making a generalization racist when statistically speaking blacks eat out more than they cook?

It's not. Blacks can say 'we eat out alot' but you white people can't. Why? Because Fuck You White People. That's why.

I'll give you searing meat, but stainless steel works for all the rest of that with the added benefit of not needed to be babbied to keep a seasoning on, and you're free to cook all the acidic shit you want.

Stainless steel is the patrician's choice

Stainless steal causes autism and cancer

Literally everything causes cancer

That looks nice user. How did you season it?

>not him
Sure, fucking weirdo. Gtfo.

>LMFAO at new money cumsocks who spend too much on cookware that mimics the properties of cast iron because they have no class or proper breeding

FTFY

>Using hand-me-down cookware with the big selling point of "we aint got ta wash it"

Truly classy. My family hands down heirlooms with sentimental value, yours hands down dirty slabs of metal.

too much of a pain in the ass to clean.

It’s cute when non-whites try to upset people with silly made up terms like cumskin when they truly get hurt when they’re called niggers.

I use mine often enough to warrent owning one.

Almost every day. Fried eggs mostly, but have used it for sauteed onions, mushrooms, fried veggies, bacon, burgers, and deep dish pizza.

unrelated post, i just have a noob cooking question
today i tried baking for the first time and one baking sheet didn't have enough space for all the veggies, so i crammed two baking sheets into the oven
there was just enough room, the baking sheets were touching the oven walls, and each other
is this something you're not supposed to do?
i also noticed there was steam coming out of the oven vent, something i didn't even know existed
i had never seen this steam coming out when cooking my frozen pizzas and lasagnas.
i know i can just put one baking sheet in, wait for it to cook, and then put in the next, but i'd like to know if it's ok to put two in at once to save time.

>samefagging this hard
You know you're a pathetic garbage person when you get this mad because other people can cook better than you.

oh and also all the veggies ended up getting burnt from the bottom
but maybe that just means i had the heat too high, but it was only 400

I use mine at least once a week. Absolutely wonderful for searing since it holds so much heat. It stays hot even when you throw the cold meat/vegetables in. Clean-up is easy, just use hot water and a sponge with a scour pad, or scrub it down with salt and a dry rag if the crud is really stubborn. Usually doesn’t need more than a quick rinse, a little scrubbing, some time heating up on the stove, and a thin layer of whatever high-smokepoint oil is handy.

>everybody who argues with me is a samefag

Nonwhites, everybody

>nigger
>cook

I have never dropped a pot before. How does it happen? Do you lose control of it? Did you never have a good grip to begin with?

t. ass ravaged cumskin

Lol nigger

soyboys have weak arms

I once dropped a pot full of pasta because I grabbed it from one handle only and it broke

Niggerware hehe

I have an 8" and 12" Lodge, a 10" DeBuyers Mineral B and a 10" Le Creuset enameled skillet. Before getting the LC I used the 10" DB almost exclusively with an All-Clad saucepan for just about everything. Now it's been replaced by the LC of course but it's still on the stove for when I need to cook more than one thing at a time.

Basic Cast Iron is pretty good for the price especially if well cared for. But there are obviously much more convenient replacements if they are within your budget.

I use one pretty much everyday for sautéeing vegetables and baking bread and such. There are certain things that could be done better with a different pan but a cast iron pan does many tasks more than well enough, is cheap, and can't get fucked up like teflon. No idea what this 'it's too heavy, I'll drop it!' stuff is about and I don't even lift, bro.

>beta no test loners, everybody

You seem to have some kind of obsession with the word "nigger", user. Is it because a rich, athletic black man with a bigger dick than yours stole your body pillow and made you watch while he fucked it till all the stuffing flew everywhere?

Everyday and for almost everything. Toast, bacon, sweet potatoes, steak, shepards pie, chili, chicken thighs, pizza

Go back to /pol/ please

You don't need to baby the seasoning? Just season once every few months and use some oil/fat while cooking. One reason I like cast iron is because I don't have to worry about scratching it with steel tools.

google "I'm a fucking retard and can't figure out how to use a cast iron pan"
you fucking retard

you can but it's not recommended
if your oven is wide enough try to get the racks as close as possible and put 1 tray to the side and the other to the other side

No they didnt

to be honest with you i havent fried a solid piece of meat in months

maybe I should move out of my parents house...

Lolque.jpg

Prettt much this but cast iron isnt difficult to maintain.

Salt, pepper and a little bit of cayenne.

don't fall for the meme.
Bought some online and seasoned them with line oil but the seasoning it's flaking into the food.
I REPEAT DONT FALL FOR THE MEME.

nah bro
im saying i put both pans on the same rack
i only have 1

Have you sanded yours?

>line oil
what the fuck is that
you're obviously a retard

I meant linseed you dumb motherfucker.

I have never heard of someone calling linseed oil line oil, or of someone using linseed oil for anything
I use canola oil and it works just fine

*raises paw*

Yeah that mistake is on my part, I just tried to deflect by calling you a dumb retard. Sorry, I am tired.

Yeah they know all about it slave boy but our boomer grandparents did away with our cast iron cookware when they had to move to the city to build your welfare housing and such. Its easier to adopt others tools without hesitation when you get the smooth sailing of being an ex-slave collecting gibs, compared to the choppy waves of multiple world wars and muh civil rights.