AMA Request: someone who currently works or has worked in fast food

AMA Request: someone who currently works or has worked in fast food

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0
unhappyfranchisee.com/dickeys-barbecue-pit-closed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I worked at taco bell for

I worked at long john silvers for a day, spilled a metric fuckton of grease over the kitchen, and immediately left without a word.

Worked for Dominos, Burger King, MacDonald's, Pizza Hut, and a bunch of restaurants and hotels

Subway here. Boring ass job

There's not much to know. I worked at Wendy's for two years in high school. Was a fun job.

Is it true that you pick uneaten burger meat from the trash can to use in chili?

Worked at McDonald's when i was 21 for 3 months on a night shift trying to catch up what I owed on my credit card. Only good thing was fucking my manager.

Are you a student or a general life failure?

I don't really mean that to be as harsh as it sounds but there isn't a better way to say it.

Yeah sure, if you want to get fired. Seriously, no.

I worked at Chick-fil-A for less than a year, inside of a hospital and I learned that is where the worst fucking customers are. It's awful having to sling "waffle potatoes" for impatient entitled bitches.

What do you think they PAY YOU to work for? To judge and bitch?

Worked at a now defuct Dickey's BBQ AMA.

Doctors and nurses are impatient dicks to fast food workers on while on the job is what I mean. It wasn't bad though, I stole sandwiches for lunch so it worked out well.

Same my dood. But i worked at a trucker stop so all the fat lards were rude as fuck

there time is slightly more valuable to yours... you thieving, shitty idiot. They save lives. You make other people eggs.

A doctor's time is more valuable in a hospital. Do they have more value as a person? No. All workers on this planet, from ditch diggers to astronauts, serve a purpose. To say one is "above" the other is pretentious and despicable.

>doctors and nurses.
No see...the problem was that you were hopelessly slow and disorganized...confused and overwhelmed. The fact it was doctors and nurses who grew visibly frustrated with your subpar performance was because you worked in hospital.

Are you male or female (male)?

I worked at Taco Bell for 2 years. AMA.

I worked at Wendy's for 5 years in and after high school. I'll answer what I remember.

is Wendy's a safe place to eat or is it gross?

They do however take meat that has been on the grill too long, and put it in a warming drawer to use for chili the following day. Or at least they did when I worked there.

You're a retard and a commie.

What food items should be avoided at any of the places you've worked?

It's fine, but it isn't health food and I wouldn't eat it often.

Worked at Rally's for a year or two in college and hated it. Grease city. Worked at McDonald's afterwards and everything was much better. (a lot cleaner, things actually worked, my boss didn't hire methheads, paid higher than minimum wage)

YOU'RE a retard and a commie.

Ranch is a good example if not kept in a cooler. Should be fine around lunch but around 5 or 6 watch out. Some places keep them open and around when not in use

>To say one is "above" the other

well, astronauts are kinda above all of us, aren't they?

what did you expect working with 52% mutts?

You are a moron
The patties go from the grill to the warmer to the customer. Whats left after that goes towards chili.

Male. Manager was a year older than me and I was shredded back then, she wanted my cock from day 1. I only tapped it since I knew the job was temporary

I have worked at a grilled sandwich shop for 6 years, i'm a shift leader and i'm trying to join corporate, because being a manager just isn't worth the time and pay.

AMA

Also all of our food kicks ass.

Former freddys frozen custard supervisor for a year. ask away

Oh yasss, chili made with the hamburger leavings of even amerimutts who will eat the plastic tray if you're not careful.
Yeah, I think I'll pass sweatie, but thanks anyway.

I was a donut artist at dunkin donuts.

>Chick-fil-A inside of a hospital

Murrica eh

youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0

I was essentially pre-med and some of the people in my major were the whiniest, most self-entitled people I've ever met. There were some really cool people too, really smart too.

Honestly though, people overrate the intelligence needed to be an MD or a nurse. Being a researcher requires a lot more intelligence than being a practitioner. I'll give them credit though for being really organized with their time, and really committed to study 4+ hours outside of class just about everyday. It's something I couldn't do.

why do you fucking faggots add ice to drinks when its fucking 6º outside?

How do you feel that this thread has 40 replies but you haven't had a single (you)

Fucking communists

Anyone have any fast food/drug related stories? Here's mine:

>Be 19, summer after freshman year of college
>Need money for pot but don't want to work a hard job.
>Live in a wealthy suburb of c-bus and end up getting a job at local pizza place.
>After a week the legendary (lady) manager quits and is replaced by another lady
>She is an actual hill billy, missing teeth, accent, smokes constantly
>Nightshift manager Andy is pretty cool, smokes me up and shows me the ropes
>Constantly but heads with Kip, the veteran toothless driver who poaches the juicy deliveries from newbies like me, says shit like "its a hard house to find"
>Apparently Kip hustles pool is vegas with his tips.
>Anywho hill billy hires a new driver, Ben, who just moved from florida.
>Andy and Ben get along instantly and begin talking about drugs over cigarette breaks.
>Tells hill billy that he needs Ben to help him in store during the night shift, usually just one guy and a driver (me)
>One night get back from a delivery and see obvious drug deal going down by back door
>Sure enough Ben is dealing oxy he brings up from florida behind the store.
>Get back after one late delivery
>"where's ben?"
>"Oh he od'd while making a pizza and is in the subway bathroom next door, his girlfriend is watching him"
>Apparently he just took too many 80s and just dropped while making an order
>Andy also apparently finished making the order THEN dragged him next door
>Im freaking out but that order they made was a delivery
>Upon returning I see Ben out back. He's pale as a ghost, sweating, and trying to smoke a cigarette.
>Claims he okay and just needed to "sweat it out"
>Long story short Ben, Andy, and hill billy manager all get caught stealing money from the till after all blaming eachother
>I worked there one more summer
>Ge

There was this giant bank in Omaha that I went in years ago, and they had a Chick-fil-A there.

Why are you ordering a cold drink in the first place? idiot

They're paid like shit to do shit jobs that no one gives a shit about.
They're just as scared to lose their jobs, money, and be homeless and starve like adults who drive like they're supposed to because they're afraid one ticket will ruin their lives. Then shit hits the fan and people lose their minds.

kek

I tell them no ice and faggots like you put ice in it. faggot

You do realize the drinks don't come out luke, right? They're already cold. You're the autist ordering cold drinks in 6 degree weather retard.

The iced teas at wendys ARE luke. that's why I get them you fucking buffoon

Iced tea is called such because it's meant to be served cold. Order a hot chocolate or something you fucking whiny manchild.

I used to work at Carl's Jr. I didn't mind the workplace but my coworkers were obnoxious stoners with no intention on reaching higher. AMA.

I mean who would want to strive for excellence at a Carls Jr? Or did you mean they didn't strive for reaching much higher than how they were then.

Also what do you think of the burgers? What type of burger meat do they use? What was your favorite thing on the menu?

let's keep the shilling to /pol/, alright

Oh come the fuck on.

if I order a raspberry straberry icetea at wendys and say no ice its pretty self explanatory what the fuck I mean then motherfucker

Ihop server here, ama

What is the best thing to get at Ihop?

Can I get real eggs? I ordered eggs a few weeks back from Ihop and they came out looking and tasting like shit, like they're not real eggs. Are they substitute?

Worked there when I was 15. Its harder than you think but a 15 year old is capable of doing it with no other skills.

Sweets definitely the Brioche foster French toast or blueberry pancakes, anything else is too sweet or to much. If your looking for deals right now there's the "all you can eat pancakes" combos that always comes cheap as fuck
Did your eggs came yellow with white parts? If not then it was substitutes. Funny enough, all omellets are made with egg bitters/substitutes. Try to ask for "shell eggs" next time

If i tell them to substitute one part of the meal with another item like bacon, do the chefs get upset?
I sometimes like certain items on the menu and only want to replace one tiny thing about them.

Reddit is here

>IHOP
>chefs

There was a buffet place atthe hospital I went to to see my cousin born. It's convenient for visitors.

Nah, I doubt they get upset, but here is the thing. You can't substitute nothing for extra meat, unless it's other type of meat like sausage or a scraple.

Yeah, you mean you're a retard ordering iced tea with no ice in 6 degree weather. Why not just have a hot tea? You're legitimately autistic.

>defuct Dickey's BBQ
>unhappyfranchisee.com/dickeys-barbecue-pit-closed/
I remember having coupons for this place, but my location closed before having a chance to use them. I don't remember the food since I only ate there a couple of times, but there are other locations in my state (for now).

Alright I'll bite. I'm a shift manager at McDonald's, I do almost exclusively night shifts, don't have a maintainance guy (do it all myself), and all of my employees quit because my bosses are abusive. AMA.

Why are you having a meal outside?

Dominoes is fun as fuck if you are a driver.

all the milf pussy you can eat?

Burgers that weren't put in sandwiches were put in warming trays and used for chili. At the end of the night we'd take out all the burgers from the warming tray and put them in gallon bags and throw them in the freezer to be used for chili. Non of the burgers we ever served were from the warming tray, it was all straight off the grill. Might be different now. I actually trust Wendy's and still eat there. The one thing I stay away from though is the chili.

Not at my Wendy's. Things may have changed though. All our meet for burgers can straight off the grill. The only thing we kept in the warmers for customers were crispy and grilled chicken, and fish during Lent.

I'm a manager at a Taco Bell, ask me anything.

I was a dishwasher at double Dave's does that count?

Why is my minute rice taking so long! Doesnt it know I’m a doctor!!!!
Why are all these other doctors eating lunch here! I’m a doctor I dont have time to wait!

Worked at a soobway in college. The egg patty/sheet/thing. Comes in Frozen and had to be thawed the night before (from freezer to fridge, not out on the counter). I only had a sandwich with egg on it a few times while working there. It's gotta have some serious fucking stabilizers or preservatives in it. Tasted of plastic and whatever the hell is in canned air to keep folks from huffing it. Made me sick every time. Might've just been allergic to one of it's ingredients. But egg should only have one ingredient: egg.

Location (don't have to be super specific but generalize the locale)
Are the old people that work there as sad a story as I imagine?
What do you think of the Cantinas?
Do you like dealing with drunks at 2am?
Any good stories?

Plz fuk my ass taco daddy

Get rid of every single garbage man and fast food worker and guess what, there are millions of people ready to easily to replace them. Try that with a doctor

I delivered for a few pizza places, waited tables for a few chains and local places, and now work food production at a grocery store.

Working at five guys in NJ, about to become a manager after ~10 months of working there. AMA.

You mean a gray shirt

>Location (don't have to be super specific but generalize the locale)
Portland mentro area. Last year, when it snowed a fair amount and the roads got icy (lots of traffic accidents, abandoned cars on the highways, etc) we closed a lot.
>Are the old people that work there as sad a story as I imagine?
All our old people are gone except for this old Filipino guy, but generally no, most of the old people we had kicked ass. One of them worked for Taco Bell for 20 years and drove a pimped out Challenger, he was chill as fuck.
>What do you think of the Cantinas?
When they used to be the most expensive thing on the menu, I thought they were overrated. My franchise raised prices on almost everything except Cantina, so they're better bang for buck now. Romaine is better than iceberg too.
>Do you like dealing with drunks at 2am?
They're funny sometimes, usually just normal, but more often obnoxious. Have had more dangerous situations than I would care for involving drunk people.
>Any good stories?
Mostly just funny shit customers say. Recently got yelled at by two middle aged white women for bullshit reasons. Got flashed one time in the drive thru, I was cashiering and this girl took off her shirt in front of me and left it off. The manager came over and told her to put her shirt back on or we wouldn't serve her. Girl argues back and says it's her birthday so she can do what she wants. The manager just walked away and said "Whatever!" Flashing girl gave me a high-five through the window after that. I got flashed for three minutes.

Funny one I remember, but this one was quite a while before I got promoted:

>Tuesday night, closing shift
>customers come to the window, they're both trashed, blasting music
>say they just came from the strip club
>one of them has a brown stain on his white t-shirt
>he says the stripper sharted on his chest and they got their money back
>older manager says "Most places charge extra for that!"
>they drive out chanting "POO ON MY SHIRT!"

To expand more on the food itself, since this is a food board, the Cantina (renamed Power) stuff only uses romaine lettuce instead of iceberg lettuce. That's its only unique item compared to the rest of the menu, otherwise it's the same ingredients as the other food at Taco Bell. I personally like the grilled chicken, but it all depends so much on how the location is keeping the food. One thing is, if you want a bit more spicyness to a Cantina item, I'd get it with spicy ranch instead of avocado ranch.

this planet belongs to the rising brown tide, get over it.

you are right but you will never convince the mouth breathers here

>Do they have more value as a person? No
How many lives have you saved?
You're a worthless individual with no skills, I'm not even talking about qualifications

Used to work for KFC as a cook for 2~3 years. It wasn't THAT bad.

>How many lives have you saved?
2 so far

Tell me about it user, I might change my mind maybe you're just in a bad situation and not lying on the internet

>To say one is "above" the other is pretentious and despicable.
Only because you're uncomfortable with the reality of valuation. A doctor inherently has more value as a person over a ditch digger from the amount of knowledge and skill they have to obtain alone.

> for impatient entitled bitches.
It's because they're on their feet for 12 hours a day saving peoples fucking lives you dolt

When I was younger and was a waiter an old man had a heart attack inside.I did cpr and used the defibrillator, he was able to conscious and able to speak when the ambulance arrived. The second one was young kid who had flipped over his car and I pulled him out. I only saw the wreck because I was going in to work very earl to open. Also I love cooking and food this is on topic. McDonalds.

Congratulations user you're capable of acting, I know it sounds sarcastic but most aren't. Now how many lifes do you think the average Doctor saves?
You may have more value than the average person but still a doctor holds more, you even mention an ambulance and paramedics, could you do their job?
Most people are honestly worthless

Thanks for the response. I guess the old timers at my Taco Bell just had that "lost it in the recession so I had to come out of retirement" look to them. Was thinking more about the Taco Bell cantina locations that are gonna serve alcohol. But you've definitely convinced me to get something other than a quesarito next time.

>brown stain
fuckin' nasty lol

How often do you forget the straws?
Is there some code so I don't have to ask for condiments 4 times because they keep giving me one at a time?
Why is it that every time I order just the burger they inmeditately reply what sods sir? As if I stated I want the meal when I specifically said I just want the burger? Does your manager tell you to do this to trick people into ordering more sodas and fries?