Thanks to Christmas and New Year holidays, I put on 5-8kg extra weight

Thanks to Christmas and New Year holidays, I put on 5-8kg extra weight...

What are some easy/quick and good foods that fill your stomach, but not your hips? Right now I'm concentrating on salads and simple soups (basically just broth), but I'm looking for alternatives.

(easy/quick because I try to make lunch at work instead of just buying some junk food crap)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just fast 5/2 (48h water fast, or 2x24 a week). If you are on a decent diet, you'll lose weight steadily

Shirataki pastas.

i lost 25 pounds eating only nuts, seeds fruits and jerky at work

bonus is you can buy all that shit at a gas station

just cut/limit the simple carbs like bread, rice, pasta, etc. protein and fat will fill you up.

OATS
A
T
S

Porridge, if you eat porridge it kills any hunger pains for the rest of the day.

seriously? I like rolled oats with milk (and a tiny but of sugar), but I was afraid that it was too "rich"

So meat/fat/oil is not a problem? (sorry, I'm a full retard when it comes to dieting)

actually looks pretty decent :)

that sounds a tad tough, but I'll give it a try!

Eat all the meat cheese and veggies you want until you’re full. Skip sweets, bread, pasta, rice, vegetables that grow underground (potatoes, carrots etc)
Not even joking OP in the last month I cut out almost all of the high carbs and gluten foods in my life and swimming after work and I’ve turned a lot of muscle into fat, neck and face slimmed up

> I’ve turned a lot of muscle into fat

Don't listen to this idiot OP, just eat less calories than you burn a day.
nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned
Use sites like these to calculate and keep track with Myfitnesspal.

I've stuck to this basic routine of only 1 serving per meal (so, not getting seconds), 3 meals a day, and if I'm ever hungry, I make some tea.

Just watch your calories. Eat less than you need.

I gained 20lbs during the holidays.
Not really too mindful of it as I expected to, but now it's time to work it off.
What I normally make is chicken soup:
>Chicken legs/thighs brined in saltwater overnight
>Onions
>Carrots
>Zucchini
>Bean Sprouts
>3:1 water/broth
>Salt / Pepper / Crushed Garlic / Crushed Ginger

Really low in calories and good for you nutritionally. You can make a lot and eat it for the entire week too.
Started dieting right after New Years and already lost 4 lbs.

Another thing I do is:
>Cucumber slices
>Soak in lime juice
>Toss in salt, pinch of sugar, and cayenne pepper
>Eat or save for up to two days

Pretty great for cravings. if I want carbs, I make half a cup of wheat rice and place it into the soup or make pinto beans, which can also be saved for the week.
>Pinto beans
>Boil until soft
>Mash and season with salt and a few tablespoons of spicy tomato sauce
>Alt: Don't mash but instead place in soup

>I gained 20lbs during the holidays.
No you fucking didn't. That's 70000 calories, unless you doubled your intake from Thanksgiving til New Years' you didn't put on that much weight just from the Holidays.

user I ate three pizzas on new years eve

Replace dinner with a coffee enema.

When you feel hungry, you're actually thirsty. Drink water.

Meat is good, just try to avoid red meats, expect chicken and fish a lot more.
Fats are fine, just watch out for saturated and trans fats which are absolutely garbage for you. Unsaturated fat is perfect.
Oil isn't bad in small quantities, just don't overuse it. Try to avoid cooking with oil when you can, especially don't go for deep fried food, which is bad for multiple reasons.

christ that guy in the pic looks like an exact illustration of my father

What you want to do is a combination of healthy, reasonably high-calorie meals with intense, grueling workouts to build muscle. At breakfast, for example, try having 2 or 3 fried eggs along with a can of black beans which you heat and add in pieces of leftover turkey leg (or other low-coast) meat as well as some broccoli. That's quite filling, for a reasonable price.

Read the sticky on Veeky Forums.

Here's some advice. If someone is telling you to start a ketogenic diet for weight loss, they're trolling. They legitimately want you to stop eating fruits and vegetables and replace it with butter.

Just eat human sized portions and treat food as fuel only.
The fat will fly off.
Weight loss is easy if you get your mind in the right place, like anything

That physique is impossible without mega steroids like trenbolone,
Considering that guy is living on that shit, it's reasonable to suspect he also used drugs for weight loss.
OP wants to lose fat, not build muscle. You can't do both at the same time.
All he/she needs is a caloric deficit and time.

>implying I can't consume ~1600 more calories of alcohol per day with the flimsiest excuses

Who plant foods, consistently.

>t. naturally skinny

>he doesn't know

Mirin bloat

When I was fat as fuck I made some of these. Absolutely vile, probably the first meal I ever couldn't finish.

Salads are good, what do you put in them? Focus hard on vegetables for every meal, make yourself like them. Baked potatoes heat up fine in the microwave, I load them up with broccoli and cheddar. Sandwiches/wraps can be a good option too depending on what you put in them. Realistically you're looking at about 1-2 months to lose that much fat unless you fast.

You certainly can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. You just won't build it as fast.

>OP wants to lose fat, not build muscle. You can't do both at the same time.
When will this meme die? Do you think farmers went through cutting and bulking phases 200 years ago to shed fat / build muscle? Bullshit.

drink water
exercise
stop drinking alcohol
You'll shit it out in a week

Stop being such a fag
pic related, you.

>tfw lost 30 pounds and after a year gained 20 back
Welp guess it's time to diet again

>tfw ate correctly for a while, lost 30 pounds and look and feel great
Welp guess it's time to eat like shit and feel like shit again

Just start lifting weights, you'll get swole AND get to eat like a pig.

>fill your stomach, but not your hips?

Get yo sum fiber in yo diet boi

OP's back

Are beans good or bad? I really liked cooked beans, even if they are just in a slightly thickened broth. Or baked beans.

>>Chicken legs/thighs brined in saltwater overnight
I might be clueless here, but what for if you make a soup from it? You remove the meat from the bones when it's well cooked and by then the flavor of the broth made its way into the (now smaller) pieces.

Completely switched from softdrinks to pure water last year, never looked back.

That'll be a bit tough, cause my gf has godlike cooking skills. Will try hard.

Tomatoes, celery, shallots/onions, rucola, loose leaf lettuce, mozzarella. Sometimes I add a little fruit like oranges or watermelon. Dressing is usually made of salt, sugar, pepper, vinegar, mustard, mayo and olive oil, plus some water.

This. You basically want a lot of, flavorful water with something more solid and crunchy to take up space and with little energetic value. Celery and daikon are great for that, but most non-starchy veg do the trick at varying levels of delicious.

If you don't the chicken comes out really bland.

you ate 42k extra calories in a week?
how is that even possible?

Quit drinking anything with calories, like soda, milk or even tea except as a rare treat. People drink as many calories as they eat a lot of times, and to compound the problem they don't have enough fiber to digest it the right way so it ends up as fat. Also watch how much bread and carbs you eat as they are calorie bombs that don't do much for you.

There are a lot of things you could do, but try to really focus on one or two at first so you don't go crazy and give up. Results come quicker than you think if you stick with it and don't cheat.

Be careful with eating anything made of konjac (the plant that shirataki is made from); it's nearly completely undigestible fibre with no real nutritional value, so it shouldn't be a staple food.

Said fibre (glucomannan) also soaks up a LOT of water, which can cause it to gum up your intestines and give you horrible indigestion (and yes, I am speaking from experience and research).

Yo should concentrate on food which contains less oil and more on vegetables. Meat is fine but boil it to avoid the fat

This, porridge's satiety is great

Hit the weights and eat what you want.

you cant out run a bad diet.

Can you provide some cooking instructions for the soup my man? Sorry, total soup amateur, just trying to broaden my cooking horizons with healthy/tasty recipes such as yours.

Don't listen to this idiot. Fat is fine. Avoid carbs and you're golden.

Multiply your current weight times 12, the number you get is the calories you need daily to maintain your current weight so say you weigh 300 lbs, 300 x 12 = 3600 calories.

Now, if you want to lose 1 pound a week, eliminate 500 calories out of your daily food intake. If you want to lose 2 pound a week, eliminate 1000 calories out of your daily food intake. Losing more than that a week isnt really good for you and not recommended.

Also, forgot to mention, thats based on not moving around/exercising, so you can lose weight even while being a lazyfag

For losing two pounds a week, I need 680 calories a day..

>I put on 5-8kg extra weight...
>in the span of less than 20 days
literally fucking how mate

So soda and chips?
Got it.

>Chicken(not fried)
>Fish
>Lots of vegetables
>Some fruits
>Avoid carbs
>Don't snack in between meals
>If you have to snack, eat vegetables
>Skip dessert
>Drink lots of water
>Don't drink flavored drinks

user...

I heard from my brother that his friend lost 60lbs since October doing that fucking keto diet. Try that. Just cut carbs, and eat whatever the fuck else you want. I think you can have 20g of carbs, with dietary fiber subtracting an amount from the total. So you can have 25g of carbs if you have 5g of it being dietary fiber.

The thing to remember is that fat is what is going to be filling you up, while protein helps prevent muscle loss.

Eat a small handful of peanuts before a meal, that shit makes you feel full and gives you a lot of energy.

peanuts have calories

You can outrun and outlift a mediocre one.

yes you can, fatty

if I wanted maliciously bad advice I'd read cosmo or the daily mail
kill yourself you dumb fuck

Go be fat somewhere else

If money is not an issue, keto (fat centric) and atkins-type (protein centric) diets are what you're looking for. Any diet that has next to no carbs will help.

Conditioning yourself to abstain and not crave carbs will take a month or so though and will likely be tough.

Once you're over the cravings though, you will feel more satiated throughout the day because fat/protein doesn't cause major fluctuations in your blood glucose.

That's noodles, not pasta.

What's malicious or bad about that post?

>maliciously bad

If I fast will I lose the fat in my ass???

Will this advice help me avoid diabetes?

This

hmm maybe try eating less sugar

Body fat distribution is genetic. Generally people gain fat more in specific areas, depending on sex and body type, then lose fat in the reverse order they put it on (because the bigger fat deposits just take longest to lose). You can tweak general proportions with muscle mass. Men generally have an easier time losing ass fat than women.

Your body needs fats. Fat people exist because of sugary drinks and overcarb.

This. One of the reasons there is an obesity epidemic is because there is an overabundance of carbs in a lot of things we eat. Carbs are especially prevalent in quick and easy meals, like frozen meals or grab-n-go. It is very very easy to take in way more carbs than you are going to be using, so your body converts the excess to fat. Sugary drinks are actually kind of okay unless they have HFCS. Still, it's not good to overdo.

80% of getting fit is eating the right food. Go to Veeky Forums and read the god damn sticky.

Proper diet can help you avoid and in some cases even reverse diabetes type 2.
Type 1 is genetic though so in that case, no.

>armchair Veeky Forumsizens who have never actually been to Veeky Forums

why don't you just fast the weight off you fucking loser
oh right you're a dumbass who manages to gain over 4kg of weight in a short period of time
pig

Will I lose weight eating like this:
>breakfast: plain oats with milk microwaved
>lunch: mixed salad with cheese and pulled pork/chicken/etc, cheese and broccoli
>dinner: plain vegies with base meat cooked in the oven, two fried eggs and halloumi

Who /intermittentfasting/ here

>no mention of portion sizes
MAYBE

I'm not having seconds, what's a good portion?

8 hours every night senpai

>implying you aren't snacking on suicidal spiders

If you can keep this up every week without snacking in between and having desserts then yeah. Also try fasting on the weekends since its those days that we're the most lazy.

>2018
>not iron pilled

skip breakfast, only eat the second two meals a day, cut out half the cheese. then go to the gym. you'll lose weight

You can make a jar of konjak powder jelly with various juices. A couple of spoonfuls fills you up, especially when you drink a lot of water, which makes the powder swell up even more.

I don't understand people like this. They obviously don't realize how much they eat in one sitting. It's disgusting.

>fish (all types)
>there are only 4 types of fish

>If you are on a decent diet, you'll lose weight steadily
I don't get it. I eat a lean turkey sandwich for lunch and rice with steamed chicken for dinner, completely skipping breakfast, yet I'm not losing a single pound.

Recent vegan newbie tard here, but restricting my diet to only plant-based foods made me stop eating for fun and instead for survival. used to have a big gut but I'm pretty much back down to the weight I was when I used to run 3 miles every weekday. This is by diet alone (1.5 months, starting ~~December 1st), and it also got me cooking my own food way more often. So far, no regrets whatsoever. Would recommend. Also more eco-friendly and a bunch of other good shit.

>when fat fucks blame their calories and lack of exercise on holidays even though it takes weeks to add on weight that stays and doesn't go away in your next shit.

for the last time user, that's not how it works

>fat pig transformed into steroid monster
That shouldn't be considered a good example
dedication like that is admirable, but still stupid

>I’ve turned a lot of muscle into fat
Are you an alchemist?

Veeky Forums FASTING GENERAL

CICO, use a calorie counter. Also, do as said and check /fast/ on Veeky Forums

190cm and 94kg right now, so if that's a fat fuck, or pig for you, so be it :)

but thanks for the good laugh I had reading your comments. why so angry? doesn't your diet work and you fail to shit out your food properly?