Anyone else tired of the "Japanese quality" meme in food culture?

Anyone else tired of the "Japanese quality" meme in food culture?

>it takes 10 years to master how slapping fish onto rice
>pay $20/ounce for this fatty beef and then grind it into a hamburger
>yeah I taste a rich UMAMI flavor in this bullshit

Seriously, why do we let these Japs get away with this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RYYf8cLUV5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

>implying there aren't other cultures that hold their food to pretentious standards

I'm looking at you, Norway.

At least nobody cares about Norwegian food except for Norwegians.

You can blame anime for Japanese culture being held on a pedestal.

desu japanese hype in the food scene has been around since at least the early 90s.

So has anime.

Coincidence?

Japanese food is pretty meh. When I was there for the month of august I enjoyed how Japanese tried to make other cultures food over their own bland shit they loaded with oils and sweets to mask the blandness.

Also, enjoy trying to get any japanese food spicy there

>Anyone else tired of people being able to afford food that I cannot?
FTFY. Every other post here being from some assblasted poorfag is tiring.

>rice and soy sauce is expensive

>Norway.
>pretentious standards
youtu.be/RYYf8cLUV5E

you've been same fagging for a week straight holy shit can you get a life pls?

toast and cheese is the national food there

topkek

>hurrr you have to be poor to not like thing I like

Can you go away? I don't even really like Japanese cuisine that much but bitching about stuff other people like that you don't enjoy is fucking pathetic. Literally fuck off dude.

They have a culture of anal attention to detail and quality worthy of respect. Just like the French had food cultures worthy of respect.

>Seriously, why do we let these Japs get away with this shit?

Ethnonationalism, lack of ability to learn English and a half decent culture makes them a pearl in the sea of mediocre globalized shit which is today's world.

OP has never heard of Italy.

I grew up in a trailer too, op.

If you can get away with it why not do it? People pay up for quality and atmosphere.

have any of you fucks actually gone to japan and tasted the dishes? have you actually seen the prices? if you go to a five start restaurant anywhere shit is going to be expensive, there are thousands of budget options for you to eat in japan so I really don't get what you are talking about. Also have all forgotten that one of the most inexpensive foods know to mankind was created in japan?

>talking shit about UMAMI

What the fuck. I'll give you the other stuff I guess, but savory is a thing. Why would you think it's not?

I take it you never actually had washoku while you were there. Though I could see how you would find Japanese food bland if your idea of flavor is spicy.