What does Veeky Forums think of stroganina...

What does Veeky Forums think of stroganina, a Russian delicacy consisting of a frozen fish cut into thin "shavings" with a sharp knife, then served raw and frozen with vodka?

what kind of fish?

it's food

Most often whitefish or salmon, though it also depends on what is available fresh.

Its possible that it might not be bad, but Russia is famous for how shitty its food is, only Britain has a worse reputation

Never had it, nor have I ever heard of it. I would certainly try it, though.

sounds like a fun snack that will put hair on your chest but i can't imagine it's particularly enjoyable from a taste and texture standpoint. I'd rather have deenz and vodka

>Russia is famous for how shitty its food is
you mean for how mediocre it is
there's nothing good or bad about it

You mean sprats and wodka

You're thinking of vodka not Russian food

can you give me examples of outstandingly bad russian food?

I think it gets the bad reputation from some suffering, a lack of resources and agriculture, and lesser periods of absurd decadence.

I like many of the foods from the region, but they do have a tendency to center around preserved goods and limited fuel. The climate is different as well; causing all these conditions to lead to a less varied menu and one very different from other regions.

Apologies if I post things not from Russia. I'm only familiar with a few dishes from the area, though I've enjoyed all of them.

I don't know how this tastes but God damn it looks good

>Less decadence

True, except for the 19th century Russian court, which gave us Chicken Kiev and other such absurdities.

The Russians I know now all look at their traditional food as fuel. Most of them boil a starch and a protein and eat it with little to no seasoning.

They look at American food as degeneracy.

it tastes better than it looks
dunno about you but I don't find pink colored food to be appealing

It looks like sci-fi food but you can make it with yellow beets as well

Kieve is not difficult or absurd in my humble opinion. I can at least try to understand using food as simple fuel; it can be damaging if not complex and varied enough though.

It's not difficult, but stuffing cold herb butter into pounded, rolled chicken is kind of absurd.

It's like... processed food before such a thing really existed.

>It's like... processed food before such a thing really existed.
I kind of understand. A lot of people don't understand the difference between generations, or even decades. So a lot of people assume things are acceptable, easy, or even possible thanks to modern technology and knowledge.

How much crack do you smoke to think Russian and British cuisine are no good? Get the fuck off my board you ignorant cunt or stop spouting your shitty opinions like they are fact.

I've never had it, but it appeals to me. I love fish and I like vodka with snacks.

Hom nai que kam

You know, OP, I make "stroganina" too, when I drink too much.

>delicacy

Please stop pretending that something clearly born of food starvation & desperation is a delicacy.

As a kid, I had dinner once at the Russian Pavilion at Expo 88 in Brisbane, Australia. It was borscht (of course) followed by some kind of venison and veal roulade with a red currant sauce.

To this day it remains one of the finest meals I’ve ever eaten, and it inspired me to become a chef. And remember, this was almost a decade before the wall came down.

Now, the sample size is one, but that really happened. You, on the other hand, are just spouting opinions as if they were facts. Get fucked.