Pen thread

which sort of pen do you use, Veeky Forums?

I've been using pic related but it ran out of ink.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BZArK7AHlyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are those? I use a Sharpie pen since it makes thinner and darker lines than ballpoints.

these are muji ballpoint 0.38mm pens.

don't sharpie pens smear/bleed?

the ones in the pic are 0.7 but I use the 0.38

been using uni-ball signo DX 0.38 for the last half a year, I like them a lot :)

They can, but not as much as an actual felt tipped marker - the trick is to write a bit faster than usual, and without pressing down.

damn I'll have to try this. thanks

Ballograf Epoca master race reporting in.

Pilot Vball 0.5 masterrace reporting in. OP's choice is 2nd best.

Staedtler triplus fineliner. The top is like a felt tip but very fine. I'd recommend it if you have faster handwriting because it can blot sometimes. Very nice and comes with a case which turns into a stand.

The only answer, and that is a fountain pen. Cast off the chains of mass market writing utensils my brothers, too long have I, like many of you, been held down by pens whose ink ran dry only days after purchasing. Get a fountain pen my friends, it is life changing, trust me.

now this is my kind of thread.

pic related: Pilot Custom 823, always inked with a small batch brand of ink with their Honey color. Fountain pens aren't for everyone, and you'll really have to spend $100+ for a really quality one.

throw out that metropolitan if that's what you're using. at least shell out for a twsbi please.

Out of the way plebs, real pen coming through.

Nonsense. The metropolitan is a great fountain pen for every day usage.

I have that keyboard and fucking hate it. The keys are mushy, it feels cheap and plastic, and the phone holder doesn't even work with my phone. 3/10.

i just ordered some of these. pen hype

Waterman reporting

what is the benefit of an expensive pen? other than satiate your consumerist urges briefly?

I like my pens like I like my coffee

I can no longer use ball points without feeling disgusted

BEHOLD

youtu.be/BZArK7AHlyg

Better lines, smoother writing action, more comfortable, longer lasting, and fits your writing style better.

Dixon Ticonderoga 2 and 5\10ths Mediums. Only use pencils, and only that one except when working with wood, in which case I use the Softs.

Good taste

It depends on what I'm writing. I write most lecture notes in 10 colours because I find it easier to read. On the other hand, when I'm hand-writing poetry or art-prose, I use my Lamy 2000 because it forces me to slow down and be more conscious of what I write, and it can't be erased. I use Pilot iroshizuku ink because I ordered one bottle of it to test, and accidentally received 2 more for free. I've only used maybe 15% of the first bottle after two years of use.
I use these: in whatever set of colours I can find, except their yellow because it's too bright for me to read.
An expensive pen is a pen that won't poison the planet through mass production, cheap plastic and ink, and careless disposal.

the only real answer

I'm not telling. You all are a bunch of hipsters and pseuds; the last thing I want you faggots doing is ruining a good thing just by virtue of the fact that you start using it as well. I like being probably one of the only people in my town, probably even my state, that uses the pen I use.

Oh and you all have awful taste in pens.

>You all a bunch of hipsters
>one of the only people in my town, probably even my state, that uses the pen I use.
hmm

well what pen do you use, user?

Been using this for literally 2 years with one refill. Love them so much

I have several in my arsenal, and just discovered a new favorite, but I'm not telling.

>ballpoint

Where are you on the spectrum?

Writing with my pen of choice is an orgasmic experience while you almost certainly write with a piece of shit/10

Have fun running out of ink in only a month. I used to use these in class and I have never had to buy new pens as often as I had to with these. Great despite that fact though.

I use one at school because fountain pens are hand fedoras.

How did you manage to respond to that with something even more autistic?

I'm gonna say you have terminal 'tism. And I write with a Staedtler not some piece of shit bic crystal.

Wow, you sure showed me (how jealous you are)

>And I write with a Staedtler not some piece of shit bic crystal.
Your fancy German POS is a POS compared to my pen of choice.

Cheap ass nigga that don't give a fuck about pens coming through

>I'm gonna say you have terminal 'tism.
Haha. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am very experienced when it comes to pens. For years now I have purchased pens from all over the world of all different types and sizes and brands and models in the pursuit of finding the ultimate pen. I have dozens of pens that I have spent hundreds of dollars on in total (I don't buy expensive pens by the way - those are for poseur pseuds, just like fountain pens) that are now wasting away in my dresser drawer, do you know why? Because all it took was writing a word or two to quickly realize that they sucked. If you are a pen-o-phile such as myself and indisputably you are not, you understand how truly awful of an experience, in all aspects, it is to write with an inferior pen. Line thickness, scratchiness, permanence of ink, shade, drying times, translucency, uniformity of color, skipping likelihood, thickness of the pen body, smell of the ink, the list goes on. It is even more difficult to find a pen that has excellent qualities in all these fields on all of the different types of papers one can write on. For example a pen that may be decent on my Japanese 75gsm paper, off-white, may perform very poorly on my French 80gsm white paper. Don't get me started on my Belgian 100% cotton 100gsm paper in natural white. I've experienced these annoyances an incalculable number of times. So when I tell you that the pen I use is good and yours is shit? You should take me at my word.

I know for a fact that my pen is 100x better than whatever autistic shit you're currently using

a u t i s m

Never reveal your true power level, the world isn't ready for it.

Did you keep them in your pocket? Body heat can make the ink change to clear and make it seem like it's running out of ink. You can just put the pen in the freezer then and it'll be fine. I just carry my pens in a pencil case. It's a hassle bit I like erasing mistakes.

I've been using these muji for two years or so, and they are excellent for their cheap price. The only thing bad about it is the soft plastic get yellow tinted after some time, probably after two or three refills I believe.

If you use mechanical pencil, I would highly recommend getting a Pentel Q1005-1. Yes it is much more expensive than your cheap mechanical pencil, but you won't regret it.

I was just making an epic meemay, but yeah I've heard it's shit

i know nothing about fountain pens but have had the impression that they can be obnoxious to use. what are the pros and cons to going fountain?

I got it betting on the ponies

muji pens are eldritch god tier. i use .5's

this t b h

I use a $4 Platinum Preppy fountain pen in rotation with some of my others. Cheap and unassuming appearance but the nib is smooth as butter compared to any other pen under $20.

My writing comes out so much better with finer points, even all the biros I own are fine points too.

>twsbi
>skanky chinese shit

what pen is this?

the classic

And I regret the money I spent on this. It feels good in the hand, but it writes differently depending on if I'm holding in straight up or a bit tilted, resulting in inconsistent lines.

mah man that style of uniball is the shit

love dis nigga

Bic is so conceited in the design of the Crystal they donated one to the Museum of Modern Art for being the pinnacle of industrialist design or something.

Pentel energel is the shit

Fountain pens aren't obnoxious or difficult to use at all.

>caring about this shit

Standard yellow lead pencils

The Rearden Metal of pens stepping in.
The ink flows nicely even tough sometimes it feels like overflowing its just constantly the right amount. The rubber band makes writing so very comfortable and the top doesn't clip and break like most others pilots.
One complain tho is that the ink can stay too fresh and smudge under other papers.
The only problem is literally that is too fresh.
PILOT FLYERS REPORTING IN
Bic cucks and fedora pens need not apply.

Finally some reason in this thread.

I also use a Rotring Tikky.

>bioderma
you got some dry ass skin too?

pilot acroball is better

Also in the image, featured are hairy legs and moleskine pro.

Havent tried it enough to comment but I dont like the riblike structure it has at the end.

I've got some swiss gel pen, a cross fountain pen I got as a gift and a random tesco fountain pen.

I steal pens from work

Dry ass lips, combination face

I used to use those. They just spit out too much ink.

I use these, because they're cheap.

>10

>Not using wooden pencils

What's the advantage of these things?

might be pleb tier but everyone at my secondary school uses em

Caran d'Ache 849

the Vietnamese ones are garbage

bummer. me, it's the forehead, hairline.

You can start a fire with them

>not using the .28s

It makes me feel pretty, desu

pretty good pen, writes well all the way until its empty
the 05 is way better though

.38 is the best

the 07 is easier to write boldly
is that a wedgewood space pen?

Just purchased a sailor 1911 black luster last week -- can't wait.

The only question that matters:
>clicky tops
>twisty bottoms
>caps
Choose one and out yourself as the pleb you really are.

Those muji pens are the shit, I used to use the Pilot V5s but now use some shitty generic 0.5 that I have to be especially careful not to smudge (I'm left handed)

they can leak, they bleed through normal paper, flow can affect how fast you write. are these not true?

Muji 0.38 masterrace reporting in. The Patrician's Choice (TM).

Fuck, I love fine tips and that looks sexy as hell.

JETSTREAM OR DIE

If you like it really fine Muji also do the 0.25. That's slightly too far for me, although I have a black one and it's good for sketching.

The 0.38 is perfect for flowing handwriting though.

bumping for notebook/journal recommendations