Bean & Rice. The combination of combinations

Bean & Rice. The combination of combinations.

Other urls found in this thread:

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/cuban-black-beans-and-rice-78781
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pasta is better.

be sure to toast/brown the pasta too.

thinking i should try acini de pepe in a pilaf. sounds like it'd be good.

*combines plate into a homogeneous mulch*
Ahh, now we're talking

*peanut butter and vegemite

the real best combo: tomato and cheese.

think of all the italian and mexican dishes that utilize this combo.

Dr. Pepper and high IQ.

>says pasta is better
>posts rice

What's better:

>Cooking the rice and beans mixed and seasoned together
>Cooking them separate, beans in a sauce served with white rice

Brazilian food general?

SOPA

>Brazilians are the only people who eat rice and beans
Fuck, you monkeys are retarded

>What's better:
>>Cooking the rice and beans mixed and seasoned together
>>Cooking them separate, beans in a sauce served with white rice
Cooked beans are combined with cooked rice. Example: Gallo Pinto or Moros y Cristianos. They aren't "cooked together" as you say, unless you are thinking of some packet of an instant rice meal that has weird smashed bean pieces intended to be cooked fast. Canned beans, of course, are actually already cooked. Rice needs a lot of liquid to steam or cook in, and so do dried beans. They are cooked separately and combined by the chef.

Which do I like better? Black beans and rice, or moros combined? Separate cajun red beans and rice, or a gallo pinto, habicuelas guisadas? They're really different when you let the beans have their rich and creamy sauce, and let the rice be fluffy and not mealy. There's a delicious lentil filled rice that comes from India that is fuzzy tasting.But, there is also something to be said for a seasoned rice studded with meat, beans, herbs, and all. I think the better the rice quality, the more that you'd want to at least taste good rice in part of your forkful. The better the beans, that hint of bay leaf, that smoky hock that seasoned them, saffron or wine, that creaminess of a perfect shell on the bean not busted open...well, you don't want that mixed into the rice either.

what?

hey, no one said that and fuck you.

DE

MACACO

UMA

DELICIA

>tfw you eat rice and beans to save money
>tfw you spend $200 on spices to make them taste good

gimme recipe for cuban black beans please

beans and rice are really good, but lentils and rice are god tier

Ughh red beans and rice are fucking awesome. Esp with saffron and shrimp

I've got a two pound bag of dried black beans. Hit me with your best recipe.

Rice and stroganoff is the superior option.

Made this once, shit was delicious as fuck.

fucking gay

water+heat+salt works real nice

UMA

Just recently went vegan and this is what I live off

And people didn't believe me when i told then being gay was a choice.....

>Beans and BRAAAAAP the combination of combinations
ftfy

True story bro. Anyway I'm just fat and trying to lower cholesterol by cutting animal products. It's honestly not that bad. I occasionally will eat fish or eggs but for the most part i try to avoid them

Why? It's just a shitload of carbs and fiber and some incomplete protein.

>he fell for the dietary cholesterol = blood cholesterol meme
That shit got proven wrong 5 years ago m8

i tend to use salt, cumin, smoked paprika, smoked chile powder

Depends, do you have a pressure cooker? if you don't then I can't really help you

Oh so consumption of foods high in saturated fat and cholesterol are healthy? Fucking retard

you know how great you feel after ripping a big huge fart you've been holding in all day
i pity you denying yourself this simple pleasure

Basic suggestions, I dig it.

Got one for Christmas and haven't taken it out of the box. It's an 11 quart Nesco.

literally wrong

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/cuban-black-beans-and-rice-78781

Beans and rice, you say?

what spices do you add to the beans?

Great looking. Not criticism but ideas for improvement: wipe the side of the bowel where it made contact and cut the scallions on an angle. It will make it far more beautiful, and the cry of people who insist that appearance doesn't matter are delusion and incompetent.

user you shouldn't give out plating advice when you can't even distinguish pre-packaged food

then just cook it for 30 minutes in the pressure cooker after it gets pressurized, ( usually when the valve on the top starts spinning) I can't give the exact im e because it depends on the type of fire you are cooking it on and the pressure cooker you are using, with 3 liters of water for half a kilo of beans and one or two bay leafs (just scale it down if you are cooking fro just a dinner), on another pot fry one small finely chopped onion and six crushed cloves of garlic until golden brown( trust me you will need that much if you are making half a kilo of beans, you could always scale it down to the portion size you are making) then add salt and pepper to taste, add the beans from the pressure cooker, and let it cook on small heat to the desired consistency( I like to leave it for about 20 minutes more).
You could fry some beacon with the onions and he garlic or you could add some other meat to it in order to enhance the flavor, but you do you, this is just a basic recipe with simple flavors, you can do whatever you want with it. Adapt it to your tastes, cook the beans for longer if you want mushier beans, cook them for lees if you want firmer beans. You decide.

Are you talking about the uncle cousins on the right?

If that's your plate, ever heard of vegetables?

you dont specifically need a pressure cooker, but if your going from dry you are looking at a pressure style cooking or a long one.

my two methods from dry
Dutch Oven: bring to a boil on a stovetop for about 10-15min after washing(no soak needed).
cover and put in a oven at about 250 for an hour. longer it goes the better it is, but an hour is fine.
Pressure style rice cooker(rice cooker with manual settings). set the pressure to the highest and let it go for an hour

in both cases liquid minimum is usually about an inch above the beans, but you can do more or less depending on your preferences.

if you are going the slow method, you will want to soak the beans for about 4-8hrs first. then you just bring it to a decent temp in either the oven or on a stove and let it go for a few hours.

>ice cream on potatoes
yum

I like how in Central America I could get plantains instead of beans at most sodas.

>tfw you love beans but they give you real bad farts. Like the really painful trapped gas kind.

How do I prevent this

The first day you'll have bad gas but after that it goes away. You think spics sit around farrting all the time, c'mon!

Is there anything more beta than feeling pain from a fart? Literally LMAOing.

for me, its plantains. the best side dish.

>The first day you'll have bad gas but after that it goes away
it doesn't go away.

eat them regularly in small amounts and increase the serving size every couple of days. as long as you eat them every day or two then your digestive bacteria will adjust and you'll stop producing so much gas.