What's everyone drinking and reading for the weekend Veeky Forums...

What's everyone drinking and reading for the weekend Veeky Forums ? Tonight it's Tisdale Red Sweet wine with The first few chapters of the strangely humorous Don Quixote....I wasn't expecting it to be quite this funny and self referential...

I think wine is for faggots, no offense.

I'm drinking vodka cran and reading hemingway

Something hilariously, and childishly ironic about you're homophobic statement and you're reading Hemingway.

>vodka cran
>cran
and he calls other people gay

>I think wine is for faggots
>I'm drinking vodka cran
>and reading hemingway
I bet you kiss your boyfriend on the mouth, too, fag

drink piss like a real man

>criticizes people for drinking wine
>drinks vodka

ive been drinking water and reading a few pages of Ulysses here and there

my sides

I'm reading Wallace and drinking beer. I'm a pleb.

Is that a Spanish copy of Where the Wild Things Are??

Can you do me a favor and take and post a picture of that??

Yes it is. Here you go.

Rubicon by tom holland

So far it's great but the previous roman book I read was SPQR from mary beard (I know I know) so this is quite the step up

ha, thanks! that is great. And it's one of my favorite children's books...

One of my favorites too, Sendak was pretty good. I got this copy for my niece but I also have one in English that I read as a child.

not sure if cringe or pity...

For me it was some rum earlier, now I'm just reading a book called Arcadia. It's pretty fucking strange

Sierra Nevada torpedo and the recognitions. I've enjoyed it but getting near the end I'm out of energy for it.

Also I don't drink and read. Can't pay attention to any text like that.

>Also I don't drink and read. Can't pay attention to any text like that.

this desu.

he's got a feminine mouth doe

Brainlets.

>he thinks don quixote is a comedy
patricians realize that the work is infinitely tragic.

Coffee + Veeky Forums

nice rebuttal there champ

>you're

Ha, gotcha, agency-man. Btw, do be a good dog and remember to not do your job thoroughly and compromise your integrity for your higher-ups today, won't you?

Read the Cat Who Walks Through Walls afterwards.

how ironic

I'll be drinking milk and reading Moby Dick and maybe Lord of the Flies.

Diet Coke, strong English tea, Tom Clancy's Executive Orders.

> Where the monsters live

wtf translatorfags weren't just meming

> Readan
The Savage Detectives

> Drinkan
Shit oversteeped green tea

>Readan
Hunger

>Drinkan
Whisky

reading Beckett's trilogy and drinkin water

Leaving the Atocha station, coffee.

Moby Dick and Water. The patricians combo

Water and Freedom, by Franzen

Reading properly is more involved than shoving french fries down your gullet. You'd know that if you read anything besides Stephen King.

Set a timer user, makes things easier. 2 min for green tea.

I'm re-reading Hamlet, this time Norton Critical Edition, drinking imperial stouts. The background texts and criticisms are really helpful. My usual problem in reading is getting too wrapped up in poetics so that the narrative flies right over my head. Saxo's Epic on Hamlet (Amleth) helped me absorb the narrative better, so now I can comprehend Hamlet much better than I did the first time.

It's the cran that makes the bait good, not the vodka.

Real drinkers drink vodka.

Words and phrases translate based on context, it's really hard to do otherwise, especially when two languages aren't from the same family.

I honestly feel like my judgement while reading is enhanced when buzzed from alcohol, plus I'm more empathetic, so I get the feels.

That's not so when I'm drunk, though. Can't comprehend shit after that.

Patrish.

jesus christ that photo just says pseud

That cover is as ugly as you

>btw not reading it in its original language

Ulysses here as well, plus some history course lit.
Also just started reading mudwoman by oates. most probably not as good as the gravedigger's daughter or blonde, but so far it's pleasant enough fiction.
Mostly drink tea, but had a beer today.

Just finished on a book on Chinese history. Continuing with the Recognitions, and having Cognac with it.

Water and Centaur Aisle by Piers Anthony.

Got the first 12 Xanth series books on ebay for like 2 dollars a book. They are the old hardcover book club editions with the shitty cover art but I think it was a steal. Also got Double Exposure by Piers Anthony in the lot as well. I had never heard of it but plan on reading it after Centaur Aisle.

These are examples of what I deem is inherently wrong with the literary community and that's trying to coin your uppity pristine lifestyle as a part of your intake of the hobby. Quite repulsive if you ask me.

>Though drinking tea is the patrician reading beverage
>Prove me wrong

Why do you have to drink anything in particular while reading? It's like you all have your head up your asses just cause you read for fun,

Water and Aurelius' Meditations

i'm finishing up michael herr's dispatches.
what's the dispatches of the iraq/afghanstan wars?

I'm not drinking and I'm not reading.

You will never be on my level.

i just finished A point de lendemain, paired with an afternoon cafe.

later i'll read a few chapters of mason & dixon, and perhaps have a can of ale as the ol' surveyors are wont to do.

because alcoholism is Veeky Forums
you will never make it as a reader or a writer without a dependency on the stuff

That's impressionable gibberish.

reading the tea and drinking up some Proust

Drinking milk and reading Borges non fiction

i bet you don't even own a School of Life Philosopher Jumper

If you love nigger cocks so much go drink their cum you stupid faggot. We dont judge monkey lovers just stay where you belong.

Wild Turkey 101
The Man Who Was Thursday

What in the hell are you babbling about?

Cuba libres, finishing Three Leaps of Wang Lun, hopefully before Twin Peaks finishes downloading.

>Wild Turkey 101
me too. was reading stoner but im too drunk to bother now. probably gonna catch up on narcos for now.

user.. easy on the dicks

> this thread

go back to fucking tumblr

Bought it about a war ago and never finished it. I adore Gordon Lish, and this book, his sons first, has great reviews so I'm looking forward to getting more into it. Drinking water because I'm fasting for a few days.

A year ago*