Subjective Morality

>Subjective Morality

I hope you brainlets don't actually believe in this do you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a_3wQHcm_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well from my point of view, the Jedi are evil.

from my point of view, the moral relativists are evil

Your POV is wrong if it's against the true universal morality

>not being moral is 'wrong'

Morality is subjective, but it is also a real phenomenon, so it would be incorrect to say it doesn't exist.

from my point of view the universal morality is wrong

>Morality is a phenomenon
youtube.com/watch?v=9a_3wQHcm_Y

Why does everyone make fun of this line

I thought it was a good point; from Anakin's perspective, the Jedi really were the evil ones. It signified how far down the dark side he had really gone that he couldn't see the value of democracy or that Chancellor Palpatine was evil. Because, from where he was standing, the Jedi were evil.

I mean, it's inherit to what the word morality means, it's about the separation of right and wrong within the human sphere, you wouldn't ever say a dog is being immoral would you? Of course its subjective, what human construction or idea isn't?

the problem isn't what it represents, but how a character just straight up said what was happening in the scene. Like why would he say "from my point of view"?

why wouldn't he say something more natural like "No! It's the jedi who are evil! I know what you have done!" or something like that (I'm not a screenwriter obviously), its more mocking the stilted odd way in which Lucas wrote all of anakins lines

Morality has subjective and objective as well as relative and absolute components.

>he doesn't realise that subjectivity morality exists alongside objective morality
>he doesn't realise that an understanding of objective morality can only be attained through God's grace

FIrst, It was delivered terribly. Second, it was shoehorned in to fit in with Obi-Wans "from a certain point of view" lines in Return of the Jedi.

Men (most of them) have an instinctive perception of good and evil. This changes from man to man. In a given society, morality was built during history and followed by people who happened to be born in that society and didn't become criminals. So, good and evil exist in communities of men, but have no transcendent origin, because they are human concepts. Any other answer is wrong.

Literally everything we consider objective on earth exists outside the human conscience except for morality which isn't practiced by anything other than humans. I highly doubt this is the one exception.

>morality has no transcendent origin

Wolves might kill rodents for fun, but they don't kill each other for fun. Is this not a primitive form of morality?

Species that kill each other for fun probably don't survive for us to see.

A wolf isn't a moral agent

How do you know?

morality dont real because i dont want it

>animals don't have fun killing their own genetic relatives
>ergo there must be a God who loves us and cares about what we do

A species that kills itself for fun would likely have dramatically reduced fitness and not last very long.

Because not everyone always talks like that 100% of the time.