Go into Mcdonalds for cheap coffee in the morning because it's somehow my only option

>Go into Mcdonalds for cheap coffee in the morning because it's somehow my only option
>Normally avoid this particular one due to shit drive-thru and overrun homeless vibe
>Cashier and service is suprisingly efficent and friendly
>As I sit down, a bunch of parties of geriatrics filter in
>Cashier knows all of them by name
>Everyone knows each other and is conversing like it's goddamn "Cheers"

Why are Mcdonalds breakfast hours simultaneously surreal and really comfy?

Because only old people and workers are awake and out of the house at that time.

Scum and degenerates are still sweating in their pits.

>Cashier knows all of them by name
How exactly does that happen? I know it does, but how?
I don't tell the cashier my name when I buy a burger. These people must have at some point.

If you go anywhere with regularity you will eventually become familiar with the staff

old people telling everyone everything

'my grandson comes to this mcdonald's nearly every tuesday afternoon. have ya met billy? he always wears a green shirt and sweats through it in the armpit'

Before McDonald's, it was like this at every local neighborhood diner.

that's cause minorities can't afford breakfast

>He doesn't have at least 10 non-chain diners within a 5 mile radius

Flyovers are embarrassing.

there are a couple generations of people still alive that make it a point to know the people that serve them and have routines that make it easy for you to know them. they're from a time when your neighbor's name mattered and 'community' wasn't just a liberal buzzword.

>community a liberal buzzword
Yeah, you're clueless.

>go into McDonald's to get coffee before early morning shift
>literally fifty fifty junkies coming down or nodding off and terrified old people who look to be in abject poverty

Urban living is syckkkk

8 years, baby.

There are three elderly Sikh dudes that are ALWAYS in the same spot in the mall when I go there.

Because old people can't shut the fuck up about themselves. God I fucking hate old people McDonalds squatters.

They come in and treat a fastfood restaurant shithole like it's the god damn soda fountain from their youths, all huddled around reminiscing about the good old days when they could actually pass a regular bowl movement and had full time jobs. They sit in the dining room and cram every single table together so they can sit their for 3 hours every morning with their 99c coffee. They have their "favorites" that work up front because "they make the best coffee" like it's a fucking diner or something of RT 66. It's an automated process you old fuck. It doesn't matter if Cait or Susie hands you the cup, it's no different.

Just sit there, loudly talking in the middle of a fast food place about their trucks and their wives and whatever other incessant noise they use to fill the utter and complete silence their life has become now that they are past their usefulness. Nobody would say anything to them if they got disruptive either, because three of them are wearing VIETNAM VETERAN hats and they'll make sure to let you know what hell is really like. Sure, if they paid their dues to the fucking Moose they could go back to having an actual clubhouse but hey "the coffees hot and theirs jeopardy on the TV. See you boys tomorrow?"

The fucking inuits had the right idea when they set their old out to drift.

It’s also possible they just read it off their bank card when they paid.

Maybe it's you who are spending too much time at McDonald's if your feelings are this strong

This looks like the one at Grady hospital. I stopped by there a few times while at GSU a few years back.

>old people
>bank card
Don't you mean read it off the check when they try to write it only to be reminded that McD's doesn't accept checks?

Is this Hamilton ohio?

Checked but no, Northern California.

>if they paid their dues to the fucking Moose
kek

mmm, pepto bismol shake

WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME

it does sound rather sad to me, someone's regular place for a cup of coffee being mcdonalds

use mobile ordering. Has made my lunch and dinner runs through MickyD's much more convienant.

Also every week on my deals app there's a buy $1 worth of stuff get a free any sandwich. So I get a medium coke for $1.08 then a double quarter pounder w/cheese that is normally like $5.70 for free every week.

This McDonald's is in a train station I frequently visit.

ITT: The precise reason old people talk to everyone when they're out and about.

How about instead of bitching like literal homosexuals on the internet from mommy's darkened basement you went and spent a little time with your grandparents like good grandchildren? How about asking grandpa how many japs he ran through with his bayonet in the war? You faggots are literally the shithead grandchildren off Gran Torino

My grandparents are dead, what now?

A bullet to your brain piece.

It's the "living in parents basement" meme again

>How about asking grandpa how many japs he ran through with his bayonet in the war?
He's got dementia now so he forgot he fought against fascism and he's now a died in the wool member of the alt-right nazis so that wouldn't be a good conversation topic.

That's Brisbane Central.

Flyover is diner capital u dunce

does this happen outside America?

an increasing number of places will ask for your name so they can call it out when your order is ready. depends on your location

i bet they're cool
i guarantee they'll be your friend if you just say hi

All of my grandparents are dead.
Also, my grandfather on my father's side, who fought in WW2 and Korea and died before I was born, didn't like to talk about his military experiences, according to my father.
When he died my two aunts drove straight to his house and ransacked everything before his body was cold.

The McDonald's I worked at had tables bolted to the floor, so nobody could move them, most of the old people were couples or singles, minding their own business reading the paper, or Kindle. There was always this really ornery guy that ordered the same thing for him and his very old father, but they always came on the same day as a ritual. Very heartwarming, along with the one old dude who brought his disabled wife in, pretty much dragging her along to the table then ordering them coffee. Makes me want to grow old like that one day, maybe - the disabled wife.

correct answer. fpbp as usual

it's the "deflecting hurtful truth by calling it a meme" meme again

New Jersey plz leave

Correct.

Flyover as fuck.

I just paid $7.70 for a chicken big Mac.
It was ok but I feel cheated.

bait or triggered...hard to tell